We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
As of March 2023, please note that there’s been a massive recall underway on specific YETI coolers. There have been no injuries reported, but we have an entire story dedicated to what you should know.
YETI is the brand that outdoor lovers and adventurers swear by. Their products are the real deal. They’re tough, durable, and built to withstand even the harshest conditions. But great quality comes at a cost. So, we looked into whether or not YETI coolers, one of their most popular items, ever go on sale.
The answer is actually yes! I know a trick or two on finding YETI coolers on sale, and I’ll tell you this. While the sales are rare and discounts aren’t always jaw-dropping, YETI sales do happen.
So how do you avoid paying the big bucks for a cup or cooler to keep your ice from melting and your drinks cold for up to a week? When it comes to finding YETI coolers on sale, it’s all about where you shop and when.
And if you can’t afford YETI, we also have some cheaper YETI alternatives that we love and recommend. For more smart shopping tips and savings hacks, text HACKS to 57299.
When do YETI coolers go on sale?
For the most part, it depends completely on the retailer. Since YETI has a handful of authorized retailers that can sell their goods, the sale schedules fall solely on the retailers. We recommend shopping clearance sales and end-of-season sales in months like April and September to catch deals on seasonal colors.
You can typically expect YETI coolers on sale during the following months:
- Amazon Prime Day or Early Access sale (July and October)
- REI Anniversary Sale (May)
- Lowe’s and Cabela’s Clearance (April and September)
Shop current YETI deals
Shop Pre-Loved YETI
1. Get an extra $25 if you have a recalled YETI cooler.
In March 2023, 32 different Yeti Hopper soft coolers and SideKick Dry Gear cases were recalled. Yeti had nearly 1,400 reports of the magnet-lined closures degrading or failing, including reports of missing or detached magnets. The brand offers a full refund plus $25 or replace your product with a new one. Here’s everything we know about the 2023 YETI recall.
2. Set a deal alert in the KCL app for the latest YETI cooler sales.
Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app, tap the “hamburger” icon (the three lines in the upper right corner), then tap “Notifications.”
Next, tap the gear icon on the upper right side of the screen and turn on notifications for YETI. This way, we can notify you the minute we find YETI coolers on sale.
For example, in September 2022 we saw 20% off YETI at Moosejaw and 50% off select YETI items at Lowe’s. When we post a deal, you get an alert and can start shopping the sale immediately, before anything sells out.
RELATED: Here’s What Makes the Yeti Military Discount So Impressive
3. Aim for 20 – 30% savings on YETI.
Finding YETI coolers on sale can be just as hard as finding an actual Yeti in the wild.
This is because YETI is picky about who gets to sell their products. They hold on to their wholesale pricing tightly, not allowing dealers to offer big discounts. (It’s called minimum advertised pricing or MAP. Brands like Birkenstock do it too). But, it’s not impossible to find certain YETI Rambler tumblers, bottles, and mugs for up to 30% off. When you see anything between 20 – 30% off, that’s probably as low as you’ll get.
Tip: Woot.com sometimes has events with up to 30% off YETI and Amazon Prime members get free shipping.
4. Shop YETI coolers at REI in May to save up to 25% during the Anniversary Sale.
If you want YETI coolers on sale, shop REI’s Anniversary Sale in May when YETI is 25% off. REI carries Tundra, Rambler, Hopper, Panga, Roadie, Daytrip, Sidekick, Loadout, and Camino. TIP: Aim to be one of the first people at the REI Garage sale, and see if you can find and score a YETI cooler!
In 2022, the REI sale ran from May 20 to May 30, and we expect it to be around the same time this year.
5. Shop YETI coolers on sale during Amazon Prime Day.
We’ve seen YETI for 30% off on Amazon Prime Day. In 2022, we saw the best YETI deals during the Prime Early Access sale, which fell on October 11-12.
6. Get a YETI cooler with a price match at Dick’s Sporting Goods.
If you see a great deal on a YETI cooler from Amazon, Dick’s Sporting Goods will price match Amazon’s price. Note that this is only for YETI items that are sold by Amazon.com and not third-party sellers. Get all our best Dick’s Sporting Goods sale hacks, and maybe you can even save some money on your YETI.
7. Watch for eBay YETI coupons and get an additional 10% off.
You can save on YETI coolers on eBay when you use coupon code promotions that get you 10% off a $30+ purchase.
Tip: Before you read on, be sure to bookmark the KCL YETI Deals page to stay informed about all the deals.
8. Use the D&B Supply senior discount and save 10% on YETI coolers or drinkware.
Every Tuesday, D&B Supply offers a 10% senior discount to anyone 60 years and older. And D&B Supply rarely offers discounts on YETI (read: basically never).
9. Shop end-of-season YETI clearance at Lowe’s & Cabela’s.
Finding YETI clearance deals is tough. YETI makes sure that their authorized dealers hold prices tight. Discontinued items and colors are the exceptions, and you can find them on clearance shelves at the end of the season. (Think fall for coolers, spring for tumblers).
Clearance YETI items tend to be easier to find in the store than online. We often see 20% off YETI coolers during this sale. In April 2022, the Tundra dropped 20% in this sale from $325 to $260.
10. Get 20% off YETI coolers with the military and first responders discount through ID.me.
Listen up, military members, first responders, nurses, or government employees. You can get 20% off your YETI cooler when you verify your credentials through ID.me. That’s better than the 10% Lowe’s military discount. Or, get 20% off when you’re shopping in stores. Whether a store accepts the discount is up to the manager, so call your local YETI store first and ask.
11. Save up to 20% on YETI at Scheels.
12. Buy the $1,000 YETI Tundra 250 cooler for the most bang for your buck.
If you want to get the most value, you’d think about buying the biggest YETI cooler. Not so fast.
While you might think the number after each model name is the cooler’s size in quarts, you’d be wrong. According to YETI, they do not. So, how do you calculate how much a YETI cooler really costs? YETI’s website shows how many cans of beer fit into each cooler, which I decided to use in my calculation.
You can see below how the price per can gets lower as the cooler gets larger. Until you get to their mac daddy Tundra 350 hard cooler, the price goes back up, so don’t go any bigger than the YETI Tundra 250 for the best value.
- YETI Roadie 24 ($250/18 cans): $13.90 per can
- YETI Tundra 35 ($275/21 cans): $13.09 per can
- YETI Tundra 45 ($325/28 cans): $11.61 per can
- YETI Tundra 65 ($375/42 cans): $8.93 per can
- YETI Tundra 75 ($450/57 cans): $7.78 per can
- YETI Tundra 105 ($500/67 cans): $7.46 per can
- YETI Tundra 110 ($550/74 cans): $7.43 per can
- YETI Tundra 125 ($600/92 cans): $6.52 per can
- YETI Tundra 160 ($750/115 cans): $6.52 per can
- YETI Tundra 210 ($900/162 cans): $5.56 per can
- YETI Tundra 250 ($1,000/181 cans): $5.52 per can
- YETI Tundra 350 ($1,500/259 cans): $5.69 per can
13. Register your YETI cooler at YETI.com and get a free sticker.
Register your new YETI cooler, drinkware, or other items and get a free sticker. Who doesn’t love a little freebie?
14. YETI offers customization of coolers, but you’ll pay for it.
To get your team or company logo printed on your YETI, you have to submit your information, including uploading a picture of your logo, to YETI to receive a quote. Ever noticed how anytime someone has to quote something, it’s not cheap? Yeah, the same goes for a custom YETI.
Instead, consider buying a YETI Rambler with your team’s logo from Dick’s Sporting Goods. You’ll pay $10 extra for the tumbler with your logo, but hey, at least you get to represent without breaking the bank.
15. Still can’t afford YETI? Walmart’s Ozark Trail offers a great alternative.
With a price tag that’s over 50% cheaper, it’s nice to know that Walmart gets those of us who can’t spend $500 on a cooler. For example, the Ozark Trail 45-quart hard side cooler is $164 ($3.64 per quart) at Walmart versus $299.99 ($6.67 per quart) at YETI.com.
Walmart’s Ozark Trail YETI knockoffs get great reviews, with the biggest complaint being that they’re not YETIs (obvs, right?). Meaning, the YETI knockoff may only keep your ice cold for five days and not a full week. Plus, the YETI knockoff doesn’t come in as many colors as the real thing.
So if you’re going on an extended trip where you won’t have access to ice, Walmart’s YETI knockoff may not cut it, but for families on a budget who can hit the local gas station for more ice if needed, it may be a good option.
16. Even used YETI coolers tend to sell for 75 – 80% of retail value.
It’s tough spending upwards of $1,500 on a cooler! If your heart is still set on a YETI cooler but you can’t part with that much cash, and you can’t find any YETI sales, look to Facebook Marketplace or rescues.yeti.com for a used YETI cooler. Of course, you need to be careful and ensure everything is on the up and up with the seller and cooler before you pay out. If you can live with the condition of the cooler, you can save about the same amount if it was on sale at a retailer.
Some deals we’ve seen from rescues.yeti.com:
- Tundra 35 Hard Cooler for $205, reg. price $275, a 25% savings.
- Roadie 24 Hard Cooler for $185, reg. price $250, for a 26% savings.
- Tundra 45 Hard Cooler for $245, reg. price $325, 25% off.
- Tundra Haul Wheeled Cooler for $340, reg. price $450, a 24% savings.
Here are a few deals we recently found on Facebook Marketplace:
- Tundra 45 cooler for $270, reg. price $325. That’s 17% savings.
- Tundra 35 cooler for $200, reg. price $275, or 27% savings.
17. Learn to spot a fake YETI.
YETI Ramblers might be the most frequently faked items of the YETI collection. Be wary of random internet sites you’ve never heard of that are selling YETI.
Look for these telltale signs of a YETI Rambler fake (the first two tips will help you spot a fake YETI cooler as well).
- Problems with the font. The “E” and the “R” should be squared, but they’re rounded on a fake.
- Weight difference. The 30-ounce YETI Rambler should weigh 17 ounces The fake weighs 12.7 ounces.
- Problems with tint on clear lids. The real thing has a clear lid that’s perfectly clear; the fake has a bluish tint to it.
18. Buy from a YETI-authorized dealer to avoid the fakes.
The only way to be certain you’re not buying a fake is to buy from a YETI-authorized dealer. Authorized local shops are abundant, and include chains like REI, Dick’s Sporting Goods, D&B Supply, Academy Sports, and Sportsman’s Warehouse.
19. Amazon and eBay are YETI-authorized dealers…kinda.
When you’re shopping on Amazon, shop the YETI store for the real deal. However, if you see a YETI cooler sold by “YETI Authorized,” you can trust that it’s an authentic YETI. But, any third-party Amazon sellers without this name are not authorized.
As for eBay, make sure you’re shopping YETI’s authorized storefront and you can rest easy. Anything sold on either platform that doesn’t fit these criteria might not be an authentic YETI.
20. Do your homework and be wary of inflated YETI prices.
Authentic YETI items are always in demand, increasing the price, but you have to be wary of inflated prices. For the 18-ounce YETI Rambler on Amazon, the price shows $67.40, while other retailers including Yeti.com have it for $30. You could buy two for the price of one on Amazon! Other colors shown like the Clay ($69.99) and the Reef Blue ($80.40) are so high because they’re out of stock at other retailers. Don’t cave to these ridiculous prices. Instead, do your homework and compare prices using this article as your guideline, wait for the item to come back in stock, or go with a different color.
Do you have any secrets on finding YETI sales? If so, please share below in the comments.