We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
We now have a second Prime Day to look forward to — The Prime Early Access Sale. Also known as October Prime Day, the sale took off in 2022 for the first time on Oct. 11 – 12.
The first year was a success, and now we’re revealing everything you need to know to find the absolute best deals for 2023.
The 48-hour event put a spotlight on early Black Friday deals from brands like Peloton, New Balance, Caudalie, Murad, Philips Sonicare, Lego, Adidas, Furbo, and even Ashley Furniture. You can also expect discounts on Alexa devices, Hasbro toys, iRobot Roombas, KitchenAid, and Samsung, as well as 80% off select Fire TV smart TVs.
To prepare for next year and Amazon Black Friday sales, we recommend setting up personalized Amazon deal notifications and creating deal lists with Alexa so you don’t miss out on a hot deal. And of course download the Krazy Coupon Lady app so we can send you deal alerts.
You’ve got questions about the Prime Early Access Sale, and we’ve got answers. Don’t forget to use our Amazon Prime Day shopping tips to save big for next year’s October sale and the early Black Friday sales.
What is the Amazon Prime Early Access Sale?
Amazon’s Prime Early Access Sale is the fall sequel to Prime Day. Prime members get a second chance to tap into some of Amazon’s biggest savings of the year.
Back in August 2022, when we learned the official name was the “Prime Early Access Sale,” it was billed as a “high velocity” event, “one of the best deal events of the year,” and Prime members would “be crazy to miss it” … according to leaked Amazon documents.
Sales for this event span all categories including apparel, electronics, furniture, kitchen appliances, cookware, toys, sports equipment, and more. Just like Prime Day, only Prime members can participate, so you’ll want to sign up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime to get deals of up to 85% off.
TIP: On the fence about getting Prime? Check out our list of all the hidden Prime benefits.
When will the Early Access Sale take place in 2023?
The Early Access sale took place on Oct. 11 at midnight PT and ran through Oct. 12, 2022 at midnight PT.
Assuming Amazon will follow a similar timeline, next year’s sale will probably land on the second Tuesday and Wednesday of October. This means next year’s Early Access Sale will go down Oct.10 – 11, 2023.
And, don’t forget Amazon’s Prime Day Sale is going down July 11 – July 12, 2023, so mark those calendars.
Related: 9 Early Black Friday Sales You Can’t Miss
What kind of deals will there be during the 2023 Fall Prime Sale?
Amazon’s Early Access Sale had thousands of deals during the event, plus a Top 100 list of the season’s most popular gifts to shop.
There were deals from Peloton, New Balance, Hasbro, iRobot, KitchenAid, and Samsung. We also saw TV deals on Fire TV smart TVs that were up to 80% off.
Here are some top deals we saw for 2022:
Prime members scored $10 promotional credit with the purchase of $50 gift card from top brands, including but not limited to Amazon, Panera, Gap, and Fanatics.
Plus, Prime members saved 20% (up to $10) on Grubhub orders if they used code Prime20. This 48-hour deal was available for orders over $15 and could only be used once. And if you didn’t already know, Prime members can grab a free 1-year Grubhub+ membership trial. You must be signed up for the existing free 1-year Grubhub+ membership trial to use the 20% off offer.
Deals on Amazon Devices:
- Echo Show 5 + 2-Pack GE LED Smart Bulbs, $34.99 (reg. $108.98)
- Echo Dot + 2-Pack GE LED Smart Bulbs, $17.99 (reg. $63.98)
- Blink Mini Camera 2-Pack, $29.99, or $15 each (reg. $64.99)
- Blink Outdoor 3-Camera Kit, $139.99 (reg. $249.99)
- Fire HD 8 Tablet 32GB, $44.99 (reg. $89.99)
- Ring Video Doorbell Wired, $39.99 (reg. $64.99)
- Ring Video Doorbell + Echo Show 5, $79.99 (reg. $184.98)
- Fire TV Stick, $19.99 (reg. $39.99)
- Insignia 32″ Fire TV, $99.99 (reg. $179.99)
- Save up to 55% on select Echo devices and Fire tablet bundles
- Cricut Joy Machine, $129 (reg. $179)
- Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones, $99 (reg. $199.95)
- Save up to 50% on select headphones, earbuds, and speakers from Bose, Sony, and JBL
- Save up to 35% on select laptops and accessories from Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and LG
- Metapen Pencil A8 for iPad 2018 – 2022, $15.99 (regularly $27.99)
- Save 9% on the Amazon Fire TV Omni Series 55-inch 4K Smart TV with hands-free Alexa
- Save 36% on Hisense 50-inch U6 Series 4K Quantum Dot QLED Fire TV
- 2021 Apple 10.2-Inch iPad Wi-Fi, 64GB, $268.99 (reg. $329)
- Apple Airpods Pro, $223.24 (reg. $249)
- Apple Watch SE GPS 40 mm, $229.43 (reg. $279)
- 2021 Apple 10.2″ iPad 64GB, $268.99 (reg. $329)
- Apple Watch Charger – 2-in-1 Wireless Watch Charger Portable Charging Stand, $19.99 (regularly $36.99)
- Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator, as low as $13.58 with Subscribe and Save (reg. $19.97)
- Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator Concentrate, Citrus, 8 oz, as low as $16.30 with Subscribe and Save (reg. $23.97)
- Orolay Women’s Thickened Down Jacket, $88.49+ (reg. $159.99)
- Save up to 30% on select Orolay coats including vests, trench coats, and down jackets
- Save up to 30% on top shoes and apparel styles from New Balance
Personal Care Deals:
- Verlux Luxe Happy Light UV-Free Light Therapy Lamp, $55.99 (reg. $99.99)
- Brusheez Electric Toothbrush for Kids, Buddy The Bear, as low as $15.19 with Subscribe and Save (reg. $19.99)
- Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo, 8.5 oz, as low as $22.80 with Subscribe and Save (reg. $30)
- Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner, 8.5 oz, as low as $22.80 with Subscribe and Save (reg. $30)
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Repairing Treatment, 3.3 oz, as low as $22.80 with Subscribe and Save (reg. $30)
- Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser, $44.99 (reg. $99.99)
- Eight Saints All In Eye Cream, as low as $30.60 with Subscribe and Save (reg. $44)
- Eight Saints Up the Anti, Anti-Aging Night Cream, 2 oz, as low as $30.60 with Subscribe and Save (reg. $44)
- Eight Saints Vitamin C Anti Aging Face Serum, 1 oz, as low as $32.30 with Subscribe and Save (reg. $38)
- Mighty Patch Variety Pack Pimple Patches, 26 ct, $9.77 (reg. $13.99)
- Save up to 50% on select electric toothbrushes from Oral-B and Philips Sonicare
- Save 30% on select lip masks and balms from Laneige
- Save up to 30% on select hair products from Drybar, Living Proof, Olaplex, and R+Co
- Stanley Adventure Quencher Tumbler 40 oz, $40
- MyQ Chamberlain Smart Garage Control, $16.98 (reg. $29.98)
- Save 40% on select products from Keurig
- Save up to 40% on select Ninja products
- Save up to 40% on select Vitamix blenders
- Floodlight Camera Wireless Solar Battery-Powered Home Security Camera, $39 (reg. $129.99)
- Shark Navigator Lift Away Upright Vacuum, $119.99 (reg. $199.99)
- Shark ION Robot Vacuum, $149.99 (reg. $229.99)
- Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty XL Robot Vacuum with IQ Navigation, $389 (reg. $599.99)
- iRobot Roomba 671 Robot Vacuum, $179.99 (reg. $349.99)
- iRobot Roomba 694 Robot Vacuum Wi-Fi Connectivity, $199 (reg. $274)
- iRobot Roomba i3 EVO Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum, $299 (reg. $349.99)
- iRobot Braava Jet m6 with Alexa Echo Dot Bundle, $299.99 (reg. $539.98)
- iRobot Roomba i4+ EVO with Alexa Echo Dot Bundle, $399.99 (reg. $689.98)
- iRobot Roomba i7+ Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal, $459.99 (reg. $752.99)
- iRobot Roomba j7+ Self-Emptying Robot Vacuum, $599 (reg. $799.99)
- Save up to 45% on select vacuums from Shark and iRobot
- Original Peloton Bike, $1,225, (reg. $1,445)
- Save 15% on the Peloton Bike with delivery available to select locations and up to 25% on select Peloton accessories and apparel
- Pop N’ Go Outdoor Playpen in Pink, $149.99 with 5% off digital coupon (reg. $199.99)
- Pop N’ Go Outdoor Playpen in Orange, Grey, or Black, $149.99 (reg. $199.99)
- Save up to 40% off Graco Car Seats and Pack n’ Plays
- Bentgo Classic All-in-One Stackable Bento Lunch Box Container, $14.99 (reg. $29.99)
- Bentgo Leak-Proof 5-Compartment Bento-Style Kids Lunch Box, $18.49 (reg. $39.99)
- Bentgo Kids Prints Lunch Bag, $24.99 (reg. $39.99)
- Bentgo Prints Leak-Proof, 5-Compartment Bento-Style Kids Lunch Box, $23.99 (reg. $39.99)
- Bentgo Kids Prints 2-in-1 Backpack & Insulated Lunch Bag, $34.99 (reg. $49.99)
- Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub, $419.99 (reg. $649.99)
- Save up to 50% on select Hasbro toys
- Save up to 40% on select Barbie dolls
- Save 30% on select Lego sets
- Save up to 50% off select Hasbro toys
- Save up to 65% off VTech & Leapfrog toys
- Save up to 63% off Melissa & Doug toys
Other Hot Deals:
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, $9.99 (reg. $15)
- Gosky 20-60 x 60 HD Spotting Scope with Tripod, $95.19 (reg. $159.99)
- Amazing Force Bathroom Faucet, $29 with 30% coupon (reg. $39.80)
- Decoway 6-Foot Pre-Lit Artificial Christmas Tree, $151.99 with $8 coupon (reg. $158.99)
- BHR Halloween Decorations Witch Hats Lights, $15.19 with 10% off coupon (reg. $32.99)
- Save up to 40% on select power tools from brands like Black+Decker, Bosch, Dewalt, and GearWrench
- Save up to 30% on select Solo Stove fire pits and accessories
- Save 30% on Casper pillows and mattress toppers
Will the Early Access Sale be an annual Prime event?
There’s a high chance that Amazon will make this sale a regular thing. Remember, the original Prime Day started in 2015 and Prime Day 2016 was 60% more successful than that one.
Prime Day 2020 moved to Oct. 13 – 14 and was Amazon’s biggest Prime Day to date. So it makes sense they’d want to keep a big sale during the month of October.
Given the ongoing success of Prime Day, Amazon will most likely keep this as an annual event each October.
Will Amazon’s Epic Daily Deals Sale still happen?
Starting in October 2021, Amazon ran the Epic Daily Deals event as a pre-sale to their Black Friday Deals for the entire month — featuring daily rotating discounts on electronics, appliances, and more.
There hasn’t been any word if the Epic Daily Deals event will return, so it’s possible that this extra Prime Day could be a replacement — or that the event could be absorbed into the Early Access Sale.
Amazon’s Black Friday deals are predicted to touch down Nov. 18 – 25, 2022. So it’s most likely that this new Prime Day will act as a pre-Black Friday sale — like it did in 2020.
How do I shop the Prime Early Access Sale?
Add the things you want to buy to your Amazon cart now that the Prime Early Access Sale has begun. Check your cart often during the sale — you’ll see if the items in your cart received a discount. Then you can buy the items right away before they sell out.
You can also set up personalized deal notifications, meaning you can subscribe to receive deal alert notifications on your recent Amazon searches and recently viewed items. To get started, visit the Prime Early Access Sale event page on the Amazon app to create deal alerts. As soon as the event begins, you’ll receive push notifications for any deals.
Another way to prepare is to create Deal Lists with Alexa by adding products to your Wish List, Cart, or Save for Later list. Once done, Alexa will notify you up to 24 hours before deals go live on items you’ve added to your lists, and Alexa will also offer to purchase the deal once it’s available.
During the first week of October, we always recommend checking Amazon for any pre-sales — Amazon loves early Prime Day deals — and we love to follow them, too. Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app and follow us on our social media pages to learn more about the sale and stay on top of Amazon deals.
Will other stores compete with the fall Prime sale?
Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and many other stores piggybacked on the success of Amazon’s Fall Prime Sale, just like they did during the Amazon Prime Day in July 2022 by holding their own Black Friday in July sales.
These same retailers joined Amazon again in October for early Black Friday sales of their own — just like we saw when Amazon first moved Prime Day to October in 2020.