This delicious dessert is for those of you with a major sweet tooth! It’s quick and simple, but definitely not lacking in flavor! Be sure to print this coupon to save on cake mix: $1.00/2 – Betty Crocker Ready to Spread Frosting, Supreme Brownie Mix, Dessert Bar Mix, Supermoist Cake Mix, OR 17.5 oz or larger Cookie Mix – (bettycrocker.com)
Caramelly Rolo Cake Mix Bars
1 box yellow or white cake mix, dry – $0.88
5 oz evaporated milk – $0.74
1/4 cup butter, melted – $0.24
40 Rolo candies, unwrapped and halved – $2.78
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9″x13″ pan with cooking spray.
3. With your mixer, beat cake mix, evaporated milk and butter until combined. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
4. Divide the dough in half. Pat half into the bottom of a pan.
5. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and place Rolo candies all over. Drop teaspoon-sized dollops of the other half of the dough over the top of the Rolos.
6. Place in oven for another 20–25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Yields: 16 bars
Total Cost: $4.64