We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Aldi holiday and Advent calendars first arrived in stores on Nov. 2, 2022, with over 25 different versions available. The second batch of advent calendars was released on Nov. 23. If you missed out on that release, you’re in luck because two more Advent calendars came out on Dec. 7! If you’re hoping to grab one, we recommend heading to the store first thing in the morning. For the Nov. 2 release, Aldi stores had to hand out tickets to claim an Advent calendar about an hour before stores opened due to high demand (especially for the beer and wine Advent calendars!).
There are a few things you don’t want to buy at Aldi due to their price points, but these limited-quantity Advent calendars that help you count down to Christmas aren’t one of ’em. With wine, cheese, and even hard seltzer surprises nestled inside, these countdown calendars sell out quickly every year.
If you’ve never shopped at Aldi before, then you’ll want to first brush up on our Aldi shopping tips. Don’t forget the quarter you’ll need for the shopping cart. You should also know that Aldi’s return policy — aka the “Twice as Nice” guarantee — isn’t valid on the Advent calendars. But who would really want to return an awesome Advent calendar, anyway?
What is an Advent calendar?
An Advent calendar traditionally is used to count down the days to Christmas Day, starting on Dec. 1. Each day you’ll open a gift and receive a surprise. Aldi has calendars that count down 24 days, 12 days, and even the days until the New Year.
When do Aldi Advent calendars come out?
The most recent release of Aldi Advent calendars was on Dec. 7, 2022. The first round of Aldi Advent calendars came out in stores on Nov. 2, with the second round out on Nov. 23. They had new calendar varieties rolling out throughout November and early December.
During the first in-store release, Aldi allowed you to claim your spot in line about an hour before the store opened. They provided tickets to make sure you knew if you were going to be able to score an Advent calendar.
Keep in mind that not all Aldi stores sell alcohol Advent calendars. In certain states, alcohol sales at grocery stores aren’t permitted by law. But if yours does, you’ll be limited to purchasing only one alcohol Advent calendar per person.
Advent calendars are also not eligible for Aldi grocery pickup orders.
TIP: Check out these latest Advent calendar deals for 2022.
Will Aldi restock their Advent calendars?
Aldi doesn’t restock their items, so if you’re looking to snag an Advent calendar, be sure to head to your Aldi store on release day.
Aldi has over 25 Advent calendars for 2022.
Aldi released 26 Advent calendars on Nov. 2, and two new Advent calendars on Nov. 23 and on Dec. 7. The first round of releases included the highly sought-after Wine Advent Calendar, the Hard Seltzer Advent Calendar, the Emporium Selection Advent Cheese Calendar, and the Merry Moments My Friend Gnome Kit.
In addition to the Advent calendars, there were many holiday decor items and gift-wrapping essentials released.
Prior releases of the Aldi Advent calendars included Irish cream, beer, chocolate, sparking wine for New Year’s, bath fizzers, candles, and other toy-themed Advent calendars.
New Advent & Holiday Calendars Released on Dec. 7:
- Bee Happy Craft Advent Calendar, $12.99
- Includes miniature puzzles, rock art, suncatcher, ornaments, slime, and much more!
- Moser Roth 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar, $5.99
New Advent & Holiday Calendars Released on Nov. 23:
- Hinkler 12 Days of Crafting, $12.99
- Merry Moments Ladies’ Advent Calendar Sock and Surprise Set, $18.99
Prior Advent & Holiday Calendars Released on Nov. 2:
- Holiday Magic Wine Advent Calendar, $59.99
- Beer Advent Calendar, $49.99
- Hard Seltzer Advent Calendar, $39.99
- Emporium Selection Advent Cheese Calendar, $16.99
- Moser Roth 8 Nights of Hanukkah, $5.99
- Merry Moments My Friend Gnome Kit, $29.99
- Bay Island Hot Sauce Advent Calendar, $19.99
- Huntington Home Candle Advent Calendar, $39.99
- Huntington Home Advent Calendar Candle, $4.99
- Moser Roth Luxury Chocolate Advent Calendar, $15.99
- Moser Roth 24-Day Chocolate Truffle Advent Calendar, $8.99
- Choceur Kids Advent Calendar, $1.49
- Pure Being Dog Advent Calendar, $7.99
- Pure Being Cat Advent Calendar, $7.99
- Lego City or Friends Advent Calendar, $29.99
- Lego, Marvel, Star Wars Advent Calendar, $39.99
- Harry Potter Advent Calendar, $39.99
- Mattel Kids Toys Advent Calendar, $24.99
- Mattel Cars, Polly Pocket, Hot Wheels Advent Calendar, $17.99
- Little People Advent Calendar, $17.99
- Disney/Marvel Book Advent Calendar, $12.99
- Warner Bros Elf, Christmas Story Advent Calendar, $29.99
- Gremlins Advent Calendar, $29.99
- Pokémon or Cocomelon Advent Calendar, $29.99
- WowWee Fashion Fidget, Baby Shark Advent Calendar, $24.99
- Twilight Daycare Advent Calendar, $24.99
How much are the Advent calendars at Aldi?
Depending on which Advent calendar you choose will determine the price. The hot item is the wine Advent calendar. It includes 24 187-mL bottles of wine from around the world and has a price tag of $59.99. The beer Advent calendar includes 24 12-ounce cans for $49.99, while the hard seltzer Advent calendar comes with 24 12-ounce cans for $39.99.
The cheese Advent calendar is $16.99. The bigger chocolate Advent calendars start at $8.99, and the smaller ones go as low as $1.49. The toy Advent calendars start at $17.99 and go up to $29.99. You can even get a candle Advent calendar for as low as $4.99.
Along with the rising cost of groceries, some of the prices of these Advent calendars have increased from last year as well. But lucky for us, the wine Advent calendar is cheaper than last year. In 2021 it was $99.99!
Related: Curious as to why is Aldi so cheap? We found out the answers!