We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Navigating all the Wayfair deals online isn’t exactly intuitive. With thousands of products sourced everywhere from NYC to Middle Earth, it’s easy to get lost for days clicking on chairs that all start to look the same, whispering under your breath, “Do you really have what I need, Wayfair? Do you?!” We’ve created a map of sorts to guide you on your home shopping journey. We’ll even show you how to save the most money during Wayfair’s big Way Day sale (which usually happens in October and April).
Psst … Don’t forget to download The Krazy Coupon Lady app and add Wayfair to your favorite stores. If you’re a new customer, claim your 10% off coupon by signing up for Wayfair emails right this second.
Here’s everything you need to score best-in-class savings at Wayfair.
1. New Wayfair shoppers can get 10% off when they sign up for email promos.
Wayfair guards their promo codes as if their lives depended on it. However, there are a few tricks you can try to get your hands on a Wayfair coupon or promo code:
- Sign up for emails. As a new customer, you’ll get an extra 10% off your purchase when you subscribe to Wayfair emails. After you sign up, Wayfair will email you a one-time promo code.
- Call customer service. And ask very, very nicely. Wayfair Customer Service will give you 10% – 15% off if (and only if) you place an order over the phone with them. They’re more likely to do this if you’re a member of their professional program (more on that below).
- Sign up for a Wayfair credit card. We’ll dive deeper into those details in a sec.
2. You can stack Wayfair promo codes on top of any sale.
This includes regular sales, special sales, Open Box deals, clearance items, and daily offers. But you can’t combine promo codes and coupon codes on a single purchase — only one code per order.
The catch? Wayfair has a fairly extensive list of brands that are excluded from promo codes. So if you want to save on items from one of these brands, your best bet is to call customer service.
Best deals to shop now at Wayfair:
3. Wayfair’s biggest sale (aka Way Day) happens in April and October.
The Wayfair Way Day Sale is a much-anticipated two-day sale event, where items are discounted by up to 80%. Wayfair starts negotiating prices with their vendors months in advance, and their profit margins are ridiculously low to zero. This is why the sale only lasts for 48 hours.
Way Day typically only happens once a year in April, but in 2022 Wayfair announced a second Way Day event for October. The event took place Oct. 26 – 27 (following the first Way Day event which happened April 27 – 28, 2022).
During the Way Day sale, you can expect to find deals on area rugs, wall art, furniture, bedding, lighting, and more — all for at least 65% off.
TIP: Look for Way Day deals on Wayfair’s sister sites too: like Joss & Main, Birch Lane, and AllModern. During the April Way Day sale, all three stores offered up to 50% off sitewide plus free shipping on everything.
4. Don’t buy anything unless it’s on sale.
Wayfair has a sale about once a month, so it’s best to wait and jump on those deals. Here’s a list of the best Wayfair sales to shop:
- Way Day: Up to 80% off
- Black Friday: Up to 80% off
- Long Weekend Holidays (Labor Day, Columbus Day): Up to 75% off
- Clearance events: Up to 60% off
- Daily Deals: Up to 50% off
5. If you really want an item that’s not on sale, add it to your cart or wish list.
If you leave items in your cart or add them to a wish list, Wayfair will email-nag you as a reminder to buy them. Sometimes they’ll even incentivize you with promo codes if you ghost them long enough.
So what’s the benefit? Wayfair will email you if the item gets a price drop. I added a $162 desk chair to my Wayfair cart. Two days later, I got an email with the subject line: “Price Drop Alert!” When I checked, the chair was $20 less than it was before!
6. Wayfair sister sites are really just more Wayfair.
While each site has its own brand, they all fall under the Wayfair company umbrella. You’ll often see the same products listed on multiple sites, but you won’t always see the same prices. What you can do is search for identical items and compare prices on each site. This leads me to my next point …
7. Wayfair will (unofficially) price match their sister sites.
Wayfair markdowns are automatic, so no human employees know when a product will get marked down (unless it’s a planned sale like Way Day or Black Friday).
This means an item might have a lower price on one site than it does on another, especially if it’s a Wayfair proprietary brand item! I was looking at a natural wood clock on Wayfair priced at $93.99.
But I saw that it was a Wayfair “Brand,” so I jumped over to Joss & Main and found the same product priced at $84.99. So I saved an extra $9 just by checking Wayfair’s sister sites!
Wayfair doesn’t price match with any of their competitors, though, so don’t even ask.
8. Be critical of Wayfair’s proprietary brand pricing.
Wayfair owns more than 80 proprietary “brands,” and they source products from over 11,000 suppliers worldwide to drop ship them to customers. This vase is from “Laurel Foundry,” a Wayfair brand. Wayfair has a willy-nilly approach to setting prices, so look at each item and ask yourself: would anyone really pay $250.04 for a green vase with a tongue twister written on it? Or even $37.99 at 65% off? It seems like a stretch if you ask me.
Also, if you order a Wayfair brand item, you may get a box with a completely different brand name printed on the side, like Safavieh. That’s because Wayfair sourced that product from Safavieh and sold it under their own “brand.”
Some of the Wayfair Lifestyle Brands include:
- Andover Mills
- Breakwater Bay
- Lark Manor
- Mercury Row
- Three Posts
- Zipcode Design
- Bungalow Rose
- Laurel Foundry
- Brayden Studio
- Millwood Pines
- Loon Peak
- Winston Porter
- Gracie Oaks
- Beachcrest Home
- Hashtag Home
TIP: When you see these brands, browse the sister sites for products in the same category. The same item may be sold under a different name for a potentially better price.
9. Wayfair Professional gives insider discounts to anyone with a business or side gig.
Wayfair Professional is a free program that gives you member-only deals on basically everything plus access to commercial products you can’t get on their regular site. You don’t have to have a business license or EIN to register, even though that’s what they ask for online.
All you have to do is call. If you’re a self-employed person of any type, you can use your first and last name as your company and your social security number as your tax ID, or EIN. Once you register and sign in, you’ll find yourself in a magical portal called the “Wayfair Professional” site that looks like their normal site, but better. So, so much better.
Look for items labeled “Commercial Use” — you’ll save at least 15% on these items as a Wayfair Professional member. I saved about $32 on this slipper chair (shown above) with Wayfair Pro.
10. Plus, Wayfair Professional lets you lock in deals for thirty days.
With Wayfair Professional, you get your very own personal account manager with a direct line and email to a REAL human consultant. My new best friend is named Brianna. She told me that I could lock in the price on any item I like for thirty days and work with her to get even better deals.
- On the Wayfair Professional site, find the item you like and click the heart in the right corner, adding it to your “Lists.”
- On the upper right bar next to your “Account” icon, click on “Projects.”
- Click “See More Options” near the “Sort By” pull-down menu on the right.
- Click the box in the upper right corner for each item you want to quote.
- A menu will pop up at the bottom of your screen that allows you to “Create a Quote.”
Now, Brianna will get to work and send a quote to my email. If I call or email her, she’ll keep giving me her lowest possible price. Sometimes she can’t go any lower, but this is rarely the case.
11. The Wayfair Credit Card gets you a decent 5% cash back. But it’s a credit card.
When you sign up for the Wayfair Credit Card, you can choose between two benefits: 5% back in rewards at Wayfair OR no-interest financing if paid in full for up to 24 months.
If you choose 5% back in Wayfair rewards:
- Earn 5% back in Rewards Dollars when you use your card at Wayfair or any Wayfair sister site.
- There’s no minimum threshold to redeem Rewards Dollars, and they never expire.
- Simply apply your Rewards Dollars at checkout to redeem them on your purchase.
- You can earn up to $2,500 in Rewards Dollars per month.
Also, you’ll get a special introductory offer if you choose the rewards perk. The standard offer is $40 off your first purchase of $250 or more, but sometimes Wayfair runs limited-time promos with an even better intro offer. During the October Way Day event, the credit card introductory offer is $40 off your first purchase of $100 or more for a limited time only.
If you choose no-interest financing:
You’ll get the below financing options on qualifying purchases made with your Wayfair Credit Card (as long as you’re approved for the card first).
- 6-month Financing on orders over $199
- 12-month Financing on orders over $499
- 18-month Financing on orders over $1499
- 24-month Financing on orders over $2999
Unfortunately, you can’t get the introductory offer if you choose the no-interest financing benefit.
12. Shop for Wayfair Closeout Deals and filter your search by percent savings.
The Wayfair Closeout section has thousands of last-chance deals, some for 80% off or more. The best part? You can filter your search by discount percentage. This is KEY to finding the absolute best deals on Wayfair and not just in the Closeout section. You can filter your search to only see deals for 80% off or more.
You can also use the Percent Savings filter to see items that are:
- 10% off or more
- 25% off or more
- 50% off or more
- 70% off or more
- 80% off or more
13. Shop the Wayfair Black Friday sale for up to 80% off.
The Wayfair Black Friday sale is probably their best sale behind Way Day. During Black Friday, we’ve seen single blackout curtains for as low as $7.56, a patio umbrella for only $39.99, office furniture under $60, and area rugs starting around $12.
You can expect early Black Friday deals from Wayfair in mid-November, but their main Black Friday event ran from Nov. 25 – 27.
14. Wayfair Open Box items are great deals, but you’re stuck with them for life.
Wayfair’s Open Box section is stocked with thousands of returned and like-new items. It’s basically their version of an online clearance, and it’s usually full of great deals.
Wayfair’s returns department inspects all Open Box items to verify they’re in good condition for resale. You can use promo codes and Rewards Dollars on Open Box items, but what you get is what you get. You can’t return Wayfair Open Box items after you buy them.
Here’s a look at how Open Box prices compare to regular prices on Wayfair.com. This is a Delta Trinsic faucet in Venetian Bronze at its regular price.
This is the same faucet but with a business price (about $16 less than the regular price).
This is the Open Box price for the same faucet, about $145 less than its business price!
So if you find an item you love and you’re SURE it’s what you want, check the Open Box section and go for it!
15. Wayfair’s return policy is strict and sometimes impossible to understand.
Regardless, knowing the major points in Wayfair’s return policy is important so you don’t lose money and buy something you can’t return.
Generally speaking, you have 30 days to return items to Wayfair, and you’ll need to keep the original packaging for all returns. But their return policy has LOTS of little exceptions and hidden notations, including a long list of items you can’t return at all.
Here are the major parts of Wayfair’s return policy that are worth knowing:
- Wayfair doesn’t allow returns on damaged furniture.
- You can return Wayfair rugs only if they’re in original, like-new condition.
- You can’t return some Wayfair mattresses (even with the 100-night guarantee).
- You can’t return Open Box items from Wayfair.
- You’ll have to pay for return shipping to send returns back to Wayfair.
Related: We rounded up a full breakdown of the Wayfair Return Policy in a way that’s much easier to understand so you can be fully informed without any frustrations.