What is Active Junky?
Active Junky is a website that offers cash back at retailers that specialize in athletic gear and some travel items. If you use Ebates, you are already familiar with the concept.
How much can I earn?
Sometimes the cash back opportunities can be significantly bigger than Ebates. Here is a small sampling of what you can expect:
Store Active Junky Ebates
Sports Authority 10% 3%
Moosejaw 10% 5%
Nike 7% 6%
EBags 7% 6%
REI 5% 2.5%
Athleta 4% 2%
How else is it different?
Another great aspect of Active Junky is that they have a search capability for specific items. Let's say you are looking to buy your son a new school backpack or a cute sleeping bag for your daughter to take to camp. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Go to ActiveJunky.com
2. Sign up, or log in if you are already a member.
3. Choose the item you are looking for from the pull-down menus at the top.
4. Browse through the items that pop up, or narrow your options (i.e. shop by brand or subcategory).
5. Select the item that you are interested in to see the stores where you can buy it, the price of the item, and the discount for using Active Junky. It’s so easy to compare the costs from several stores by taking the cash back into consideration.
6. Click on the store, and make your purchase.
7. Cash back confirmation comes by email with the date you'll be receiving a check.
Active Junky also sends out emails to let you know what stores are having sales. I just got a great deal on a North Face fleece that retails for $98.95 plus tax and shipping. I paid $67.54, saving more than 30 percent—and it includes tax and shipping. With more than 100 participating retailers, you should be able to get great deals on all of your active pursuits!
This is a guest post by Jenifer from Los Angeles, CA
Find out more about KCL Contributor Network!