Holiday shipping deadlines are approaching, and you can get lots of the best holiday deals with free shipping and free in-store (or curbside) pickup options.
Here are all holiday shipping deadlines for the main Christmas shopping players in 2020 (assuming no shipping delays). Speaking of which….
Should I expect holiday shipping delays?
Yes. Expect shipping delays and plan accordingly!
One of the many things 2020 has taught us is that we can’t actually set our clocks by Amazon Prime’s shipping schedule and sometimes Target’s packages take longer to get to us, even if we are faithful RedCard holders. In fact, the pandemic has proved that it’s possible for an Amazon Prime package to take a week to get to us!
So, shop as early as possible and score the best prices while also guaranteeing yourself arrival of your packages well ahead of Christmas Day.
1. USPS holiday shipping deadlines
Here’s when you need to ship your USPS packages in order for them to be received on Christmas Eve:
- Dec. 15 for USPS Retail Ground delivery
- Dec. 18 for Regular First Class Mail delivery
- Dec. 19 for USPS Priority Mail delivery
- Dec. 23 for USPS Priority Mail Express delivery
2. UPS holiday shipping deadlines
Here’s when you need to ship your UPS packages in order for them to be received on Christmas Eve:
- Dec. 15 for Ground delivery
- Dec. 21 for Three-day delivery
- Dec. 22 for Two-day delivery
- Dec. 23 for Next-Day delivery
3. FedEx holiday shipping deadlines
Here’s when you need to ship your FedEx packages in order for them to be received on Christmas Eve:
- Dec. 15 for FedEx Ground delivery
- Dec. 21 for Three-Day delivery
- Dec. 22 for Two- Day delivery
- Dec. 23 for Next-Day delivery
4. The last day to shop Kohl’s before Christmas is Dec. 14.
Kohl’s.com holiday shipping deadline for standard shipping is Monday Dec. 14.
Consider using Kohl’s store pickup if you’re down to the wire with your shopping. Order by 3 p.m. local time on Christmas Eve, Thursday, Dec. 24, and select the option to pick up eligible gifts in the store by 6 p.m.
See all last-minute Kohl’s deals.
5. The last day for Amazon holiday shipping is Dec. 23.
- Dec. 14: Last day to order and get free delivery on orders over $25; free for all customers
- Dec. 18: Last day to order items eligible for standard shipping; free for Prime members
- Dec. 22: Last day to order tens of millions of items; free for Prime members
- Dec. 23: Last day to order more than 10 million items eligible for one-day delivery (coast to coast, free for Prime members with no minimum purchase)
- Dec. 24: Last day to order millions of items eligible for same-day delivery (free for Prime members in eligible areas on orders over $35, order by 9:30 a.m. local time)
See all last-minute Amazon deals.
6. The last day to shop Best Buy before Christmas is Dec. 22.
Make sure to place your order on BestBuy.com by Tuesday, Dec. 22 in order to receive it by Christmas Eve.
Best Buy also offers free next-day delivery on select products ordered by Wednesday, Dec. 23
Best Buy offers free contactless curbside pickup for orders placed Dec. 24 by 5 p.m. local time. Select “Use Curbside Pickup” for your order to be ready by 6 p.m., when stores close.
See all last-minute Best Buy deals.
7. The last day to shop Macy’s before Christmas is Dec. 18.
Order from Macys.com by 11:59 p.m. ET on Dec. 18 to receive orders by Christmas Eve with standard shipping. Choose express delivery for orders placed by noon ET on Dec. 18.
Macy’s also offers in-store and curbside pickup. If you place an order by 3 p.m. on Dec. 24, you can pick it up by 6 p.m. Get same-day delivery with Doordash through Dec. 23 for orders over $5 that are placed by 3:00 p.m.
See all last-minute Macy’s deals.
8. The last day to shop Target before Christmas is Dec. 23.
Although Target isn’t offering their two-day shipping guarantee this year — even for RedCard holders — due to shipping delays, try Drive Up, in-store pick up, or Shipt delivery.
Target offers free contactless Drive Up pickup. Place your order at Target.com or in the Target app by 6 p.m. Christmas Eve. Target stores have extended their hours for holiday shoppers from 7:00 a.m. – midnight.
See all last-minute Target deals.
9. The last day to shop Walmart before Christmas is Dec. 19.
For items that say “two-day delivery,” Walmart.com customers will be able to order up until Dec. 19 to receive the item on Christmas Eve. They changed this from Dec. 21 because things are getting delayed all over the place.
If you need to shop after Dec. 19, plan to use Walmart curbside pickup, even on the same day you place an order.
See all Walmart deals.
10. The last day to shop JCPenney before Christmas is Dec. 14.
JCPenney.com’s last day for standard shipping is Dec. 14 — so get on the ball if you want free shipping with a $75 purchase.
Also consider using JCPenney same-day store pickup on Dec. 24 by 3:00 p.m. because you can order online and pick it up in store in as soon as two hours!
See all JCPenney deals.
11. The last day to shop Gap and Old Navy before Christmas is Dec. 20.
If you can get to it sooner, order by Dec. 20 and you’ll get free shipping when you spend $50, and it’ll arrive by Christmas Eve. Of course, you can shop Gap and Old Navy down to the wire and still get free shipping with a $50 spend, it just won’t arrive by Christmas Eve unless you do it by Dec. 20.
12. The last day to shop Ulta before Christmas is Dec. 18.
Plan to pay for expedited shipping in order to shop Ulta.com this late in the season. But if you order by noon on Dec. 18 and you’re willing to pay, you can get your items by Christmas Eve.
If you can order sooner (by Dec. 14), you’ll get free shipping with a $35 purchase and it’ll arrive by Christmas Eve. Check your local Ulta store for extended curbside pickup hours.
See all Ulta deals.