We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
- Visit: http://www.shopgoodwill.com
- Shopping categories: Antiques, art, bath and body, books/movies/music, cameras and camcorders, clothing, collectibles, computers and electronics, crafts and hobbies, for the home, glass, jewelry and gemstones, miscellaneous, musical instruments, office supplies, pets, religious items, science and education, seasonal and holiday, sports, tableware and kitchenware, tools, toys/dolls/games, transportation, travel/luggage
A quick history of Shop Goodwill
Goodwill Online was first launched in Orange County, CA. Today, the online division includes partner stores from across the country. All revenues from Goodwill Online's auction-style sales fund Goodwill's various charitable initiatives, including education, training and job-placement services.
A quick how-to guide
Here are the steps to take to get started shopping on Goodwill Online.
- First, register for a free Buyer account: https://www.shopgoodwill.com/buyers/Default.asp
- Check your email to confirm your account and register.
- Next, you can visit the auction listings: http://www.shopgoodwill.com/listings/
- When you’re ready to bid on an item, have two items ready: your account password and your bid amount.
- Place your bid amount in the auction bid box on the item screen (Note: Here, be sure you want to bid on the item, because you can’t cancel after placing your bid.)
- Check the item screen for a confirmation message.
- If you’re the high bidder, you’ll receive an email confirmation, and if no other higher bids are placed before the auction closes, the item is yours.
- If you’ve been outbid, you can place a new bid.
- You can also use the proxy-bid feature, which will continue placing bids for you up to a maximum amount you set, and the "Buy Now" feature, which permits you to buy the item outright, to claim an item you want.
Salvation Army Online
- Visit: http://saresourceconnection.org/s/default.aspx
- Categories: Clothing, music publications, downloadable publications, books, music CDs, gifts, Sally Ann (gifts, holiday items, purses, jewelry, etc.)
A quick history of Salvation Army Online
The Salvation Army is an international relief organization with deep roots in the Christian faith. In addition to a network of brick-and-mortar thrift stores, the Salvation Army now has an eBay store and its own online store.
A quick how-to guide
Here are the steps to take to get started shopping on Salvation Army Online.
- Visit http://saresourceconnection.org/s/default.aspx
- Browse through each category/sub-category until you find the item(s) you’re looking for.
- All sales are priced as noted.
- You can add items to your online shopping cart until you’re ready to check out.
- When you’re ready to check out, click on "process order."
- You can then create your free online Buyer account.
- Once your account is created you can pay for your item.
For similar articles, check out: