It’s that back-to-school time of year, which means spending big bucks so you’re all set for the upcoming semester. So that you don’t break the bank, you gotta take advantage of student discounts. There are tons out there, from your favorite retailers to your favorite tech products. And who doesn’t love getting freebies just for being a college student?
NOTE: A lot of these discounts require you to sign up through Unidays or Student Beans. For both services, you can sign up for free as long as you can prove your student status with your institution’s email address and you meet the age requirement (you gotta be 16 or older). If you’re shopping in-store, you’ll need to pull out your student ID.
Check out this list of student discounts to see the best deals out there, and download the KCL app for more ways to save.
Student discounts on your favorite tech.
- Amazon: If you’re a college student, you can get six months of free two-day shipping, free photo storage, and unlimited instant movie and music streaming, as well as $10 every time you refer a friend. After your six-month free trial, your membership will upgrade to Amazon Prime for 50% off.
- Amazon Prime Student Free Trials: Look for offers like two free months of Kindle Unlimited (a $20 value). You can also snag free trials of subscription programs like Course Hero, Calm Premium, and GrubHub+. After your trial ends, you can get hugely discounted subscription rates, as well as big savings on travel booked through StudentUniverse.
- Apple: Students, soon-to-be students, and parents of students can receive up to a $150 gift card with qualifying purchases and proof of enrollment. Plus right now, you can save 20% on Applecare, too.
- GoPro: Capture the moment with GoPro’s student discount and get 15% off select items — just sign up through Unidays!
- Microsoft: College students can get Office 365 Education for free, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, and additional classroom tools. Just show a valid school email address to get started!
- Samsung: If you’re a college student, take advantage of the Samsung student discount to get 30% off a certain number of purchases each year.
RELATED: A College Student’s Guide to Couponing
Student discounts at your favorite retailers.
- Target: You can get up to 20% off through Aug. 26. We’ve got the full scoop here.
- Active Ride Shop: Get 10% off online purchases with your Active Ride Shop student discount through Unidays.
- ASOS: Register with your institution’s student email address and get 10% off with ASOS’s student discount.
- Banana Republic: Get 15% off regular-priced, in-store merchandise when you show your student ID with your Banana Republic student discount.
- Club Monaco: Get 15% off with your Club Monaco student discount. Just sign up with your “.edu” email address and the discount will be applied automatically to your cart, or show a valid student ID in person if you’re shopping in-store.
- Dickies: Get 10% off your total purchase with Dickies’ student discount. No age requirement is listed, but you have to show what university you attend and prove your student status with a student email address.
- Goodwill: Students can get 10% off their total purchase every Thursday with the Goodwill student discount. There is no age requirement listed, but you’ll need to be old enough to carry a college or university ID.
- J Crew: College students can get 15% off online purchases with their J. Crew student discount.
- JOANN: Students 14 years and older will receive two coupons and get 15% off every purchase when they sign up for the JOANN Student Discount Program. To activate your free membership, just show a JOANN store manager your state ID and proof of enrollment.
- Joe’s Jeans: Get 15% off online purchases with Joe’s Jeans’ student discount through Student Beans.
- Journeys: Get $10 off purchases of $75 with your Journeys student discount through Unidays, or present your ID in-person for in-store purchases.
- Kipling: Get 15% off with your Kipling student discount. Just verify your status through Student Beans to get it.
- L.L. Bean: Get 10% off your total purchase with your L.L. Bean student discount. Just verify you’re a student with your email and you’re all set.
- Lottie London: Get 20% off your purchase online by unlocking your student Lottie London discount code.
- Madewell: College students with a valid school ID at checkout will receive 15% off in-store and online purchases at Madewell.
- Pretty Little Things: Snag up to 70% off and an extra 10% off your next cute outfit with Pretty Little Things’ student discount when you register through Student Beans.
- Princess Polly: Save 15% with Princess Polly’s student discount.
- Romwe: Earn 10% off with Romwe’s student discount. Junior high and up are eligible for this discount, too!
- Vineyard Vines: College and grad students get a 15% off Vineyard Vines student discount if they register with a student email.
Student discounts on your favorite footwear.
- Adidas: College students can get 15% off with Adidas’s student discount through Unidays.
- New Balance: Get 15% off with New Balance’s student discount when you sign up through Unidays.
- Nike: College and university students can get 10% off with Nike’s student discount — just verify through SheerID first.
- Saucony: Verify your eligibility through ID.me Saucony VIP and get 20% off your purchases.
- TOMS: Students with a TOMS student discount code can get 15% off their purchase — just check their page to sign up! They’ll ask you to verify your student status at checkout so have a university email ready.