1. Create more space under a bed with risers.
A set of four with a USB included on one of the risers goes for just under $30 at Bed Bath & Beyond. These risers will give you 7 more inches off the floor.
2. Hang a shower curtain with storage pockets.
Get one for about $14 here.
3. Use stick-on pods to store cosmetics.
The Podstore sells StickOnPods in a set of three with three different sizes for just under $11. Now you can store and hide away different cosmetics from nail polish to eyeshadow that are taking up space in drawers or on a bathroom counter.
4. Fill narrow, empty spaces with a slide-out storage tower.
Add space almost instantly in the kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room. Amazon sells a variety of sizes ranging in price from $13 to $40.
5. Invest in an over-the-toilet space saver.
Make room by storing everything from towels and toilet paper to bathroom gadgets in this space saver for less than $25.
6. Hang wire baskets on the back of a door.
Clear the room of little nicknacks, and store accessories in wire baskets hanging from the back of a door. Target sells small milk crate wire baskets in an antique pewter for $12.74. Hang them up using hooks or small screws.
7. Or, add shelving to the inside a door.
8. Install a pull-out spice rack in your cabinets.
Spicetor makes a pull-out spice rack for less than $20 that requires no tools to put together, and it comes in different sizes.
9. Repurpose a spice rack for hair products.
If you don’t have any spare spice racks, IKEA makes these in solid wood, so you can pretty much create any look you want. At $3.99 apiece, these Bekvam racks are worth collecting to save space.
10. Hang styling tools to the inside of cabinets with adhesive hooks.
11. Use crown molding to make a shoe rack.
12. Or, hang shoes from tension rods.
13. Keep boots off the floor with pants hangers.
14. Double closet space with soda can tabs.
15. Invest in a corner dish drying rack.
This saves a lot of space and costs less than $20 when you buy from Amazon.
16. Add a bedside caddy.
17. Place a rack over your sink.
18. Install shelves near the ceiling.
Whether it’s your kitchen or bedroom, the 12 inches near your ceiling is prime real estate for storage. Just make sure you have a chair or ladder nearby for easy reach.
19. Hang kitchen items from a pegboard.
Gather your pots, pans, colanders, and utensils and use S hooks to hang them from a sturdy and colorful pegboard. Get metal ones on Amazon for $35.99.