With these 16 simple tips, your closet can go from blah to beautiful in no time.
1. Cover wire shelving with foam board and contact paper.
Cover up those white wire shelves easily with a little foam board, tape, and contact paper. The Frugal Homemaker will show you how here.
2. Use decorative brackets to create shelf dividers.
3. Store washcloths in a file holder.
4. Keep sheets together by putting them in a pillowcase.
Use a pillowcase that goes with the sheet set and you won’t be hunting down any sheets.
5. Or, bundle sheets up and tie them together with a pretty ribbon.
6. Install towel racks on the door to hang linens.
7. Stack lighter or less-used items on the highest shelf.
Make good use of this space with toilet paper, tissue boxes, and other items you tend to stockpile—thanks to coupons!
8. Organize with dollar store baskets.
Hang labels on each basket with the name of the stored item.
9. Install an under-shelf basket for hand towels.
These under-shelf baskets range in price anywhere from $5 to $15, so shop around. The lowest we found is through The Container Store for $5.
10. Stack plastic storage bins and fill them up with small essential items.
11. Roll up beach towels.
12. Organize toiletries in a shoe holder.
13. Hang metal shelves on the side of a closet to hold travel bags.
14. Fill a labeled caddy with bathroom cleaning products.
15. Use chrome shelf dividers.
You can buy a set of four chrome shelf dividers from Amazon for under $15.
16. Install a bottom pull-out shelf for a laundry basket.
At around $99 on Amazon, these hamper helpers are on the expensive side, so shop around. It may be worth it!
Yep, this post has affiliate links. Thanks for helping us bring you the best deals. Find out how we give back to our community: KCL Shops School Supplies for 50 Refugees