1. Snap the hook off of a pants hanger and use the clips to keep cords neat when not in use.
2. Make a DIY wall shelf with a wire hanger.
Pull the bottom horizontal part of the hanger down, then fold up toward the hook. Adjust the wire to make it aesthetically pleasing. Use your new shelf to hold mail, magazines, and more.
3. Keep towels handy during a BBQ or while camping by splitting a hanger at the bottom.
Hang your makeshift paper towel roll from your BBQ grill or even a tree.
4. Hang scarves with shower rings.
5. keep boots organized with a pants hanger.
6. Use a rubber band to prevent clothes from slipping off a hanger.
7. Hang skirts, scarves, and pants securely with clothespins.
RELATED: 11 Weird & Amazing Ways to Use Foil
8. Keep decorative lights from getting tangled in storage.
9. Cut off the clips from clothing hangers and use them as chip clips.
10. Change the direction of hangers with every use to determine which clothes you should donate.
Turn all the hangers in your closet backwards. Whenever you wear something, replace the hanger right away. In a year, give away every piece of clothing still hanging on a backwards hanger.
11. Keep hanger creases out of pants with a pool noodle.
12. Use soda can tabs to save closet space.
13. Hang sweaters like this so they don’t fall off or become stretched out.
First, take your sweater and fold it in half lengthwise. Place the hook of the hanger near the the armpit of your sweater.
Then, fold the sleeves and the bottom half over the hanger.
14. Avoid hanger creases in pants with business cards.