Do you wash your socks with the rest of your whites? Me too. Well, I used to. Then I realized that our clothes were getting dingy because we were washing them with dingy footwear. After the first wash of separate items, I didn't notice a difference. I started wondering how I was going to get my clothes back to sparkling white. Here’s a recipe to get the job done and save you some money because you won’t have to replace clothing. Plus, by washing in the sink, you’ll save water and electricity.
- 1 capful of laundry detergent
- 1 cup powdered dish washing detergent
- 1 cup bleach
- 1/2 cup Borax
- Fill the sink , a bucket, or the washing machine with extremely hot water.
- Add all of your socks and other dingy items.
- Mix ingredients in with a large spoon.
- Let sit for at least two hours.
- Drain out excess water.
- Refill with cool or warm water, stir and drain again.
- Air dry on clothesline or in dryer.
I was so surprised at how white our socks came out that I did it to our normal whites, too. It worked great!
This has been a guest post by August from Granite Falls, NC
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!