We all have it. Most of us hate doing it.
Check out these tips, and learn how to never pay full price for laundry detergent ever again!
1. Hunt down laundry detergent coupons with the free Krazy Coupon Lady app.
If you wish you had a personal shopper who read all the weekly store ads for you, shopped at all your favorite places, and always knew where to find a laundry detergent coupon, you’ve gotta download the free Krazy Coupon Lady app on iOS or Android.
Detergent deals, (along with toilet paper, breakfast cereal, and baby diapers) are our favorite deals to find! Each week, Krazy Coupon Lady publishes laundry detergent deals at national retailers like Target, Walmart, Amazon, Kroger, Safeway, Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid.
Download the app to see them all.
2. Always print laundry detergent coupons online.
Laundry detergent coupons are never hard to find if you know where to look. At KCL, we find the coupons available so you can clip and print them today!
Printable coupons, especially those valued at $0.75 or above, are worth printing right away. Coupons worth $0.50 or less are more common and less likely to disappear quickly. To easily find laundry detergent coupons in the future, bookmark the pages below:
3. Find the best Tide deals at Target.
What’s great about Target is that at least twice a month, they have a laundry detergent deal where you can get a $5 gift card.
There’s a new gift card promotion including Tide, Downy, Bounce, Charmin, Bounty and Bounce products: Buy two and receive a $5 Target gift card. There are several new high-value coupons for Tide, making for some huge savings! See deal ideas below:
Buy 2 Tide Liquid Laundry Detergent, 100 oz $9.99, sale price through 7/8
Buy 2, Receive $5 Target Gift Card 7/2 through 7/8
Use $2/1 – Tide Detergent, Target Cartwheel SINGLE-USE MANUFACTURER COUPON (exp 7/29) – (cartwheel.target.com)
And use one $2/1 – Tide OR Gain Laundry Detergent from P&G 7/2 – limit 2
And submit two $0.25/1 – Tide Liquid Detergent, via rebate app (ibotta.com) — limit 2
Pay $15.98, Receive $5 Target Gift Card and Submit for $0.50 in Ibotta Credits
Final Price: $5.24 each, when you buy 2
Buy 2 Tide Pods, 42 ct $9.99, sale price through 7/8
Buy 2, Receive $5 Target Gift Card 7/2 through 7/8
Use $3/1 – Tide Pods or Gain Flings, Target Cartwheel SINGLE-USE MANUFACTURER COUPON (exp 7/29) – (cartwheel.target.com)
And use one $3/1 – Tide Pods OR Gain Flings from P&G 7/2 – limit 2
And submit two $0.25/1 – Tide Pods, via rebate app (ibotta.com) — limit 2
Pay $13.98, Receive $5 Target Gift Card and Submit for $0.50 in Ibotta Credits
Final Price: $4.24 each, when you buy 2
4. Find the best OxiClean deals at Walgreens.
Walgreens has frequently been running this crazy OxiClean deal that is so good, we recommend buying a six-month supply!
Buy 1 OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent, 40 oz $3.99, sale price through 5/27
Use one $3/1 – OxiClean Laundry Detergent, limit 1 (coupons.com)
Regular price: $7.49
Final Price: $0.99
5. Find the best Purex deals at CVS.
CVS doesn’t always have coupons to pair, only because their sale prices are that good. Check out a couple recent deals:
Buy 3 Purex Detergent, 150 oz $5.99, sale price through 6/17
Spend $15, Receive $5 Extrabucks through 6/17, Limit 1
Use one $2/2 – Purex Liquid Laundry Detergent 128 oz or larger (purex.com)
Pay $15.97, Receive $5 Extrabucks
Final Price: $3.66 each, when you buy 3
Buy 1 Purex Laundry Detergent, 43.5-50 oz $1.98, sale price through 6/24
Final Price: $1.98
Buy 2 Purex Detergent, 43.5-50 oz $3 each, when you buy 2, sale price through 7/1
Buy 2, Receive $3 Extrabucks through 7/1, Limit 1
Pay $6, Receive $3 Extrabucks
Final Price: $1.50 each, when you buy 2
6. Don’t buy laundry detergent at a drugstore unless there’s a sale.
Drugstores have the best prices…only when the store has a sale and you have a manufacturer coupon. If neither of these options is available, drugstore prices tend to be much higher.
At least one to two times each month you’ll see a three-month stock-up deal, and about every two to three months, you’ll see a six-month stock-up deal. Tide, Tide Pods, All (frequent BOGO), and Purex typically go on sale at least once a month.
7. Don’t buy generics.
Crazy enough, it’s actually cheaper to buy name-brand than generic when you use coupons!
For example, Kirkland-brand laundry detergent costs $17.99 for 152 loads. That comes out to $0.12 per load, which is higher than what you can get using coupons on name-brand detergent.
8. When you don’t have coupons but you desperately need detergent, Walmart is the best place to buy.
If it comes down to it and you need to get laundry detergent but there are no stellar sales going on, Walmart has the best regular prices.
Arm & Hammer: $11.97/bottle for 128 loads or $0.09/load
Sun: $7.97/bottle for 160 loads or $0.05/load
9. Or make your own laundry detergent and spend $0.04 per load.
If you feel like getting your hands dirty (laundry detergent pun intended) then try this DIY recipe:
1 box of Super Washing Soda ($3.97)
1 box of Borax ($3.97)
1 box of Pure Baking Soda ($2.24)
3 bars of Zote laundry soap ($1.36 each)
1 container of Oxiclean ($4.96)
*optional: Purex Crystals ($2.97)
Cost: $22.19 (Walmart prices)
- Grate the Zote soap with a cheese grater or food processor.
- Grab a large tote or bin to pour all the ingredients into and mix together.
- That’s it! You’re done!
This homemade recipe makes about 17 lbs (272 ounces) and costs $22.19. One pound of this laundry detergent is about 28 tablespoons. So 17 lbs equals 476 loads (at one tablespoon per load).
Final price: $0.04 per load!
10. A high-value laundry detergent coupon averages about $1-2 off.
On average, you can expect to see coupons for laundry detergent for $1-$2 off. This stacked on top of a store’s sale price (and potentially a cash-back rebate) is where you unleash ultimate savings and can decide if you need to stock up for three to six months.
11. Use Ibotta to get cash back on laundry detergent.
For ultimate savings, you can stack a store sale price with a manufacturer coupon and potentially get a rebate by downloading and using Ibotta. Even if there are no sales going on, Ibotta has great cash-back prices on laundry detergent.
Recently, Ibotta offered $3 cash back on Seventh Generation Laundry Packs at Target plus a $2 bonus.
12. Stock up for three months at $0.06-$0.09 per load (depending on brand).
While these aren’t the best-of-the-best money-saving deals, they are still worthy of stocking up for three months at these prices:
- Tide 50 oz: $0.09/load
- Purex 50 oz: $0.06/load
- All 46-50 oz: $0.06/load
- Xtra 51 oz: $0.01/load
- OxiClean 40 oz: $0.03/load
- Arm & Hammer 50 oz: $0.06/load
13. Stock up for six months at $0.03-$0.06 per load (depending on the brand).
These are the deals that you want to stock up on when they come around. This is the best of the best that you will find.
- Tide 50 oz: $0.06/load
- Purex 50 oz: $0.03/load
- All 46-50 oz: $0.03/load
- Xtra 51 oz: Free
- OxiClean 40 oz: Free
- Arm & Hammer 50 oz: $0.03/load
Laundry detergent is a stock-up item at $0.04/load, dryer sheets at $0.02/sheet, bleach at $0.03/oz, and scent boosters at $0.30/oz.
If you want to know price per bottle, check out our full stock-up price list.
14. Know when to shop sales and deals if you don’t have coupons.
Here are some examples:
- At least once every two months — All has a BOGO deal at Walgreens
- Purex goes on sale at Walgreens once every two months for $1.99
- Tide almost always has a gift card promotion at Target
15. Watch for laundry freebies and moneymakers.
Let us keep an eye on the best freebie and moneymaker deals. Check our website or app each day to know when to stop, drop, and run to the store, like these past deals!
Buy 1 Seventh Generation Liquid Laundry Detergent, 8 oz $2.99, regular price
Use one $1/1 – Seventh Generation Laundry Detergent or Detergent Packs from RP 4/2
And submit one $2/1 – Seventh Generation Natural Laundry Detergent and Packs, via rebate app (ibotta.com)
Pay $1.99, Submit for $2 Ibotta Credit
Final Price: $0.01 Moneymaker
Buy 1 Xtra Laundry Detergent, 51 oz $1.47, sale price through 7/8
Use one $1.50/1 Laundry and Fabric Care, CVS Extracare Coupon Center Week of 7/2
Final Price: Free
16. Check out some Brag examples from our readers who did an OxiClean Deal, and get inspired!
- “I bought 20 bottles, used (20) $3/1 OxiClean PQ all done at WAGS. Spent $24.99 OOP no points used. Gave one bottle away to my amazing cashier. Saved $130 which was an 87% savings value! Instagram: @couponingwithkristin”
- “I bought the oxiclean laundry detergent for $3.99 and used the $3 off coupon. .99 cents each. Great Deal!!! Thank you Walgreens!!!!”
- “I got THREE Oxiclean detergents for a total of $3.15 (regular $23.82!!!) BOOM.”