We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
While plenty of folks are spending the holiday season watching their favorite Christmas classics, you and I have a different tradition: Hallmark Christmas movies. And every year we can expect a brand-new crop of young professionals spending Christmas in a small town, where they’ll rediscover a love for the holiday in the embrace of the rugged townie.
Hallmark started rolling out their 2022 holiday movies before Halloween, and by the time the final movie premieres on Dec. 18, there will be 40(!!!) new movies. The Hallmark Channel will debut 31 new movies in their Countdown to Christmas event, and their sister channel Hallmark Movies & Mysteries will feature nine new movies for their Miracles of Christmas lineup.
Put on a comfy onesie, find a cozy spot on your couch, and enjoy over two months of Hallmark Christmas movies to ignite the holiday spirit in you.
31 new Christmas movies are hitting the Hallmark Channel in 2022.
As usual, Hallmark dropped their first holiday movie right before Halloween. The Hallmark Channel kicked off their Christmas movie season on Friday Oct. 21, 2022, with Noel Next Door. This lineup is full of the standard formula of rom-coms and holiday miracles. There’s even a royal corgi.
Here’s the Hallmark Channel’s release schedule for 2022:
- Noel Next Door (Oct. 21)
- We Wish You a Married Christmas (Oct. 22)
- A Kismet Christmas (Oct. 23)
- A Cozy Christmas Inn (Oct. 28)
- Jolly Good Christmas (Oct. 29)
- Ghosts of Christmas Always (Oct. 30)
- A Magical Christmas Village (Nov. 4)
- Lights, Camera, Christmas! (Nov. 5)
- All Saints Christmas (Nov. 6)
- In Merry Measure (Nov. 11)
- The Royal Nanny (Nov. 12)
- Christmas at the Golden Dragon (Nov. 13)
- Inventing the Christmas Prince (Nov. 18)
- Three Wish Men and a Baby (Nov. 19)
- When I Think of Christmas (Nov. 20)
- My Southern Family Christmas (Nov. 24)
- #Xmas (Nov. 25)
- A Royal Corgi Christmas (Nov. 25)
- A Tale of Two Christmases (Nov. 26)
- Haul Out the Holly (Nov. 26)
- A Christmas Cookie Catastrophe (Nov. 27)
- A Big Fat Christmas (Dec. 2)
- A Fabled Holiday (Dec. 3)
- Undercover Holiday (Dec. 4)
- The Most Colorful Time of the Year (Dec. 9)
- Christmas Classic Reunion (Dec. 10)
- The Holiday Sitter (Dec. 11)
- Holiday Heritage (Dec. 16)
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas (Dec. 17)
- Hanukkah on the Rye (Dec. 18)
Tip: Print out this festive little checklist to make sure don’t miss a single movie. There’s also an app for Countdown to Christmas.
Need more holiday cheer? Hallmark Movies & Mysteries adds another 9 to the list.
Hallmark has more than one network, you guys, and they’ll be premiering nine additional movies on their Movies & Mysteries station! It’s a little more difficult to get (especially if you don’t have cable) — but it could be worth it for the holiday season. You can get the channel usually as a live TV package add on, but it rarely comes in a standard package. Also, if you want to see snippets of the Hallmark newbies, go to the Hallmark movie website.
Here’s the lineup for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ Miracles of Christmas event:
- We Need a Little Christmas (Oct. 22)
- Christmas Bedtime Stories (Oct. 29)
- A Maple Valley Christmas (Nov. 5)
- Our Italian Christmas Memories (Nov. 12)
- Long Lost Christmas (Nov. 19)
- Time for Him to Come Home for Christmas (Nov. 26)
- The Holiday Stocking (Dec. 3)
- The Gift of Peace (Dec. 10)
- Five More Minutes: Moments Like These (Dec. 17)
If you don’t have cable, you can stream the 2022 Hallmark holiday movies.
If you have cable, chances are you’re already set for the Hallmark Channel (and Hallmark Channel Everywhere).
But if you don’t, there are a few options to stream the Hallmark channels.
The best deal we found is getting the $6.99/month Frndly TV subscription service; that includes the regular Hallmark Channel and the Movies and Mystery sister channel. You’ll also get access to the History Channel, Lifetime, A&E, Lifetime Movie Network, and more.
Another deal is via Sling TV. You gotta add the Lifestyle Extra package, which includes the Hallmark Channel and the Movies & Mysteries channel. It’s an extra $6 a month on top of the base Sling subscription, which starts at $35 a month.
From Oct. 21 until New Year’s, it’s Hallmark Christmas movies all day, every day.
You’ll not only get a new movie every Saturday in November and two every Sunday (if you’re keeping track of both Hallmark channels) — the Hallmark Channel will be packed with all of their other holiday movies from years past from midnight until 10 p.m. That’s right — only two hours a day won’t have holiday programming as of Oct. 21, 2022.
Christmas everlasting while we prep for Black Friday? Yes, please.
Watch Hallmark’s older holiday hits on their very own streaming service.
You can sign up for Hallmark Movies Now for just $5.99 a month (plus you can get a free trial week). The bummer is that you won’t be able to watch new Hallmark movies, just those from previous years.
If you enjoy Hallmark’s touchy-feely gloriousness all year, sign up for a 12-month subscription for just $49.99 (that’s a 30% savings!).
Or you can just buy the movies you can’t live without.
Check out our full list of ways to watch TV without cable.
Need even more of the Hallmark vibe? Netflix and Lifetime have tons more rom-com holiday movies to add to your watch list.
You don’t need to stick to Hallmark to get the same Christmas-y rom-com vibes. Netflix and Lifetime have a library full of Hallmark-like movies that give off the same charm.
Netflix even has a shortcut so you don’t have to spend tons of time scrolling. Use the genre code 1394527 or head to https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/1394527 and it’ll take you straight to the romantic Christmas movies section. There you’ll find a bunch of Netflix originals for the season, including these brand-new rom-coms:
- Falling For Christmas (starring Lindsay Lohan): Nov. 10
- Christmas With You (starring Freddie Prinze Jr.): Nov. 17
- The Noel Diary: Nov. 24
For Lifetime, you can add the Lifetime Movie Club channel for $4.99 on Prime Video or Hulu to access dozens of Christmas movies. Among their pretty substantial library of holiday originals, keep an eye out for these new-for-2022 “It’s a Wonderful Lifetime” films:
- Merry Swissmas (starring Jodie Sweetin): Nov. 5
- Well Suited for Christmas: Nov. 6
- Steppin’ Into the Holiday (starring Mario Lopez): Nov. 25
- Merry Textmas: Dec. 4