Here’s how to create festive Halloween characters for your home
Gather these supplies:
- 2 x 4 ($2.57 at Lowe’s or Home Depot)
- Paint in various colors (57 cents per bottle at Walmart)
- Black marker with a fine tip
- Screws ($1.97 per container at Walmart)
- Old fabric
- Paint brushes (I used a Q-Tip to save even more money)
- Glue gun with glue ($2.97at Walmart)
- Drill or screwdriver
Directions for each character:
- Ask a store employee to cut the 2 x 4 into several sizes (one at 18 inches, one at 10 inches, one at 9 inches and two at 8 inches). Most stores do not charge for this service.
- Paint the main colors for the characters and allow them to dry for at least an hour.
- Using the marker, draw the face outline and then slowly fill in.
- To make the mummy, paint the eyes and wrap it in the fabric, gluing where needed.
- Going through the bottom of the 18-inch piece, drill in the screw and secure into the bottom of the character.