We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Disney-owned Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services out there, and for good reason. The streamer is well known for their massive library of current and old TV shows, not to mention movies. With so much to watch, how many people can watch Hulu at once per account?
Got a household of four? Can one person watch Hulu Live TV, another watch Only Murders in the Building, another watch The Handmaid’s Tale, and the fourth watch Boss Baby? How many different accounts can you create on Hulu?
If you’re a current subscriber or are thinking about signing up for Hulu, the simultaneous viewing restrictions could be a maker or breaker for you. Here’s the situation:
How many people can watch Hulu at once?
Although you can have up to six different viewing profiles per Hulu account, the vast majority of Hulu accounts only allow two screens to stream content at the same time. Here’s the full breakdown:
- Hulu with ads, $7.99/month: 2 screens
- Hulu Premium (ad-free), $14.99/month: 2 screens
- Hulu Live TV with ads, $69.99/month: 2 screens
- Hulu Live TV (ad-free), $75.99/month: 2 screens
Now that said, there IS a way to get Hulu on an unlimited number of screens. The Unlimited Screens Bundle adds $9.99 to your subscription, and it does exactly what it sounds like: it gives you unlimited screens for simultaneous streaming.
How can I get unlimited simultaneous streams on Hulu?
If you have one of the Hulu Live TV subscriptions, you can add on the “Unlimited Screens Bundle” for an additional $9.99/month. That means that you can expect to pay either $78.98 or $84.98 per month for unlimited screens on Hulu Live TV.
Now, the “unlimited” only applies to devices on your home network. This add-on also allows people to watch content on up to three mobile devices alongside the unlimited devices streaming at home.
How many people can watch Hulu add-ons like HBO and Showtime at once?
Hulu offers add-on subscriptions to their service, such as HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Showtime. These services have varying prices that add to your Hulu monthly price, and they have different streaming limits.
With these channels, you’ll be able to stream up to five screens at a time, and three of those can be mobile devices. But these limits don’t change, even if you’ve sprung for the $9.99/month Unlimited Screens Bundle.
How does Hulu’s streaming limits compare to other platforms?
Here’s how Hulu’s two-screens-at-a-time limit compares to their competitors:
- Netflix Basic, $9.99/month: 1 screen at a time
- Netflix Standard, $15.49/month: 2 screens at a time
- Amazon Prime Video, $8.99/month (or free with $139 Amazon Prime membership): 3 screens at a time
- HBO Max, $9.99+/month: 3 screens at a time
- Paramount Plus, $4.99+/month: 3 screens at a time
- Peacock TV, free: 3 screens at a time
- Sling TV, $40+/month: 3 screens at a time
- YouTube TV, $64.99/month: 3 screens at a time
- Netflix Premium, $19.99/month: 4 screens at a time
- Disney Plus, $7.99/month and up: 4 screens at a time
- Apple TV Plus, $6.99/month: 6 screens at time