We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
KCL challenges you to coupon like krazy in 2019. Use this monthly guide to help you learn how to coupon and refine your skills. Or, go at your own pace and try to complete all of these challenges in a month — I dare you.
1. Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app.
Once you download KCL’s free app, you’ll start to see just how much you can save with coupons. Add your favorite stores and see only the best coupon and retail deals. You can even print free coupons and create shopping lists right in the app.
2. Learn about sales cycles.
Everything goes on sale. Learn about sales cycles and use your newfound knowledge to plan your shopping trips in advance. When something goes on sale, use coupons on top of the sale price to save even more.
3. Print two coupons from Coupons.com.
Use the world’s most comprehensive free coupon database to search for coupons by brand (e.g., Pampers) or product (e.g., diapers). Most of the time you print coupons from Coupons.com, you can print two copies per mobile number.
4. Understand coupon fine print.
Because knowledge is power — especially when handing over coupons at the register.
5. Read “How to Coupon at Target.”
Target is one of the easiest places to coupon. For every item that you purchase, you can use one manufacturer coupon, one Cartwheel offer, and one mobile threshold coupon. That’s fthree coupons per item!
Read How to Coupon at Target.
6. Download the Target app (do it for Cartwheel).
Cartwheel offers live inside Target’s free app and they’ll help you save anywhere from 5-50% on products without paper coupons. Choose percent-off offers and cents-off digital manufacturer coupons in the app, then have a cashier scan your unique barcode at checkout to redeem them.
7. Stack a Cartwheel offer with a manufacturer coupon at Target.
Find a KCL deal that involves a Cartwheel offer and a manufacturer coupon, and use it to save on one product at Target.
8. Buy a newspaper for the coupon inserts.
You can get free, printable coupons from the Web anytime, but if you really want to save big, you’ll need manufacturer coupons from the newspaper as well. Sunday newspapers cost about $2 ($1 if you buy them at Dollar Tree), but you can score free inserts with these tips. If you’re interested in a subscription…
9. Sign up for the KCL newsletter.
Never miss a deal, coupon, or freebie when you sign up for KCL’s daily newsletter.
10. Download Ibotta and submit a grocery rebate.
Ibotta is KCL’s favorite rebate app. Use it to earn cash back on your everyday groceries. After you buy a product with a rebate offer, snap a photo of your receipt. You’ll usually get cash back within 24 hours.
11. Stack an Ibotta offer with a manufacturer coupon and store coupon at Target.
Check out all the Ibotta Deals, and submit your receipt after using coupons on the purchase of an item.
12. Download Checkout 51.
Checkout 51 is another awesome rebate app every couponer needs in their arsenal.
13. Submit the same receipt to Checkout 51 and Ibotta.
Oftentimes you can find a similar — if not the same — offer for a product on multiple rebate apps. Find one here and complete the challenge.
14. Start a grocery stockpile.
When the price is ridiculously low with coupons, stock up and buy enough to last you three to six months until the next sales cycle rolls around. Do this, and never pay full price for groceries again!
15. Text SAVE to 564-57 to receive Kohl’s coupons via text.
Be one of the first to know when a new coupon is available by signing up for retailer text coupons.
16. Learn how to coupon at Kohl’s.
Be a krazy couponer in the retail world too! Start at Kohl’s, where you can save an average of 60% with coupons.
17. Stack coupon codes online.
Coupon stacking isn’t restricted to in-store use! For example, at Kohl’s, combine a sitewide coupon (like $10 off a $50 purchase or 15% off your entire order), category-specific coupons (like 30% off Home or 20% off Appliances), and a free shipping coupon simultaneously.
18. Start a gift stockpile.
Wedding gifts, baby shower gifts, birthday gifts…they can get expensive if you’re not prepared. When you see a low price on anything from baby clothes to makeup, stock up!
19. Know back-to-school stock-up prices.
The second week of July through the last week of August is back-to-school shopping season. Know the difference between a good price on school supplies, and a great price.
20. Download the Amazon app.
The Amazon app (free on Android and Apple phones) makes price matching at stores like Walmart and Target easy. Simply use the app’s built-in scanning tool to scan an item’s barcode. If the price is better on Amazon, show a customer service rep.
21. Price match at Target.
Bring in a local competitor’s ad, or show a Target customer service rep an online competitor’s better price at the customer service desk. The item must be identical in brand name, size, weight, color, quantity, and model number.
22. Learn how to shop like a couponer at these retail stores.
With the right know-how, you can save big at these retailers — with and without coupons.
- 22 Bath & Body Works Hacks That Will Blow Your Mind
- 15 Brilliant H&M Shopping Tips You Need to Know
- 24 Earth-Shattering Ikea Savings Hacks
- 16 Victoria’s Secret Savings Strategies That Will Save You Hundreds
- 19 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Shopping at JCPenney
- 21 Proven Ways to Save at Old Navy
- 16 Insider Secrets from a Seasoned Gap Employee
- 26 Hobby Lobby Hacks That Will Save You Hundreds
23. Use Ibotta at a retail store or restaurant.
You’ll love Ibotta even more when you start using it at restaurants, bars, and retail stores. Just remember to save your receipt!
24. Visit the KCL Tips page for savings tips and tricks.
Learn new couponing strategies and ways to save in every aspect of your life. From store hacks to recipes and DIYs, KCL has your back.
25. Stock up on clearance school supplies to last you all year.
Even if your kids have already started the new school year, head to Target or Walgreens where you’re likely to find 90% off clearance items.
26. Read “How to Coupon at Walgreens.”
Now that you’ve mastered couponing at Target, try Walgreens. You’d be surprised at all the great grocery deals you can find at drugstores!
27. Sign up for Walgreens Balance Rewards.
Enrolling in Walgreens’ free rewards program is easy; just sign up at the register in-store or at Walgreens.com. If you don’t sign up, you can’t get sale prices or rewards points that lead to in-store credit at Walgreens.
28. Clip a Walgreens paperless load-to-card coupon.
Head to Walgreens.com and clip an electronic coupon that can be redeemed as soon as you scan your Balance Rewards card or input your phone number at checkout.
29. Complete a transaction that produces a Register Reward at Walgreens.
A Register Reward is a receipt-like coupon — basically, store credit to use on your next purchase. You’ll see Register Reward promotions advertised in-store and in KCL’s Walgreens Deals. These promos require you to buy a certain product that will produce a reward at checkout. For example, buy a bottle of Irish Spring body wash, get a $1 Register Reward.
30. Try out at least two restaurant hacks.
Watch your total bill shrink when you eat out at these restaurants! How? By taking advantage of restaurant rewards programs and freebies.
- 25 Olive Garden Secrets from Your Server That’ll Save You Serious Cash
- 29 Red Robin Secrets Every Burger Lover Should Know
- 14 Insider Secrets You Need to Know to Save Money at McDonald’s
- 16 Fresh Panera Hacks from a Former Employee
- 28 Chick-fil-A Tricks to Get Free and Freaking Cheap Chicken
- 15 Ways to Save at Applebee’s That Might Seem Too Good to Be True
31. Teach a friend how to coupon.
Solidify your couponing knowledge by teaching a friend. Plus, couponing with friends is a lot more fun!
32. Shop like a couponer on Black Friday.
Because shopping Black Friday without a strategy is a BIG no-no.
33. Submit a Brag on the KCL app.
It’s totally okay to boast about how much money you’ve saved with coupons. In fact, KCL welcomes it! You’re helping other couponers find out about new deals with every Brag you submit!
34. Pay it forward.
Help those in need in your community and beyond with couponing. If you can get an item for cheap or free with coupons, consider donating it.
35. Visit another store’s 101 page.
36. Shop Christmas clearance.
Get up to 90% off Christmas clearance starting the day after Christmas and lasting until the first week of January. Remember, stock up now to save later!