We say it all the time: CVS is one of the best stores for couponing. We find that CVS, more than most other stores, makes it easy to stack coupons and promotions. Freebies aren’t only possible, they’re PLENTIFUL.
And sometimes, you get free stuff just because. CVS treats ExtraCare members with an Extra Thanks Event where they load coupons for free items to your CVS ExtraCare account. No purchase is necessary. All you have to do is clip them! CVS has hosted this event in 2019, 2020, and 2021 and it was a blast of freebies.
Text CVS to +1 (208) 266-4466 and be the first to know when CVS starts this event and other deals.
Here’s how you get the goods:
1. The next CVS Extra Thanks Event will be held on June 19, 2022.
Since 2019, CVS has hosted the Extra Thanks Event at the end of June and it carried into July. Based on prior event start dates, we are looking for the next event to happen on June 19, 2022.
2. The event lasts around 30 days and starts on a Sunday.
We all can admit that 2020 was just weird. So ignoring that year, in 2019 and 2021, the CVS Extra Thanks Event lasted an average of 30 days. With all three years, the sale began on a Sunday and ended on a Friday, so be prepared for that.
3. CVS app users can clip digital coupons for free items every week.
As a thank you to loyalty club members, CVS will add digital coupons to ExtraCare members’ accounts, giving away a different free item every week throughout the event.
CVS shoppers can find the coupons in the “Deals & Rewards” section of the CVS app, clip them, and then get the goods either online or in stores. And these aren’t tiny samples or trial-size items, either; they’re popular full-size products.
4. Shop early to secure your freebie.
These freebies are hot, and many times the store doesn’t have an overabundance of inventory to satisfy all us couponers. Be prepared to check out the app early to see what the freebie is, and if it’s something you really want, head to the store quickly.
Pro Tip: You can use the CVS app to see inventory at your local store.
5. Score free items valued up to $6 during the Extra Thanks Event.
CVS really knows how to spoil ExtraCare members. In prior events, items were valued between $2 and all the way up to $6. Members have been able to get up to 14 free items in past events!
Here are some free items offered in the past:
- CVS Health Toothbrush 3-Pack (valued at $3.49)
- Gold Emblem Veggie Chips (valued at $2.99)
- CVS Health Antibiotic Ointment (valued at $3.99)
- Beauty 360 Nail Clipper (valued at $3.79)
- Gold Emblem Bagged Candy (valued at $2)
- CVS Health Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen, 50 ct (valued at $5.99)
6. Sign in to your ExtraCare account to access the freebie coupons.
The ExtraCare program is how shoppers access in-store promotions, like ExtraBucks (in-store credits you can use toward a future CVS purchase).
By linking your ExtraCare account to the CVS app, you’ll be able to access the freebies and rotating in-store promos — plus get 2% back in ExtraBucks on your purchases.
7. You can get the CVS freebies in store and online.
Not wanting to go into stores? You can get the daily freebie online at CVS.com or through the app. Just know that in order to get free shipping, you’ll have to spend $35 or more — unless you’re a CVS CarePass subscriber and have added a CarePass-eligible item to your order.
If your store offers free in-store pickup, grab your freebie that way! Easy couponing, baby.
8. The Extra Thanks Event is just the beginning of serious savings at CVS.
There are so many different ways to save at CVS, from their Pharmacy and Health Rewards programs to the ExtraCare Beauty Club to the many, many different kinds of coupons they accept.
We explain everything for you — THIS is how to coupon at CVS.