We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Ever since 2019, CVS 14 Days of Gifts (aka the “CVS Extra Thanks Event”) has spoiled us with CVS freebies. The best part? You can get the goodies in store or online.
We say it all the time: CVS is one of the best stores for couponing. We find that CVS, more than most other stores, makes it easy to stack coupons and promotions. CVS freebies aren’t only possible, they’re PLENTIFUL.
And sometimes, you get free stuff just because. CVS treats ExtraCare members with an Extra Thanks Event where they load coupons for free items to your CVS ExtraCare account. No purchase is necessary. All you have to do is clip them!
Before we get into all the details, text CVS to 57299 and be the first to know about the best CVS deals.
1. When is the next CVS Extra Thanks Event?
We predict the next CVS ExtraCare Extra Thanks Event will start on July 9, 2023. Since 2019, CVS has hosted the Extra Thanks Event at the end of June into July. But in 2022 they started the two weeks of savings event in the middle of July. Was that so they can be a part of Black Friday in July like other retailers? Maybe so.
2. The event lasts 14 days and starts on a Sunday.
In 2022 CVS hosted the Extra Thanks event for 14 days. This was shorter than in some previous years. In 2019 and again in 2021, the CVS Extra Thanks Event lasted an average of 30 days.
3. During the event, you can clip digital coupons in the app for CVS freebies every day.
As a thank you to their loyalty club members, CVS will add digital coupons to ExtraCare members’ accounts during the event, giving away a different CVS item for free every day.
CVS shoppers can find the coupons in the “Deals & Rewards” section of the CVS app, clip them, and then get the goods either online or in stores. And these aren’t tiny samples or trial-size items, either; they’re popular full-size products.
4. Shop early to secure your freebie.
These CVS freebies are hot, and many times the store doesn’t have an overabundance of inventory to satisfy all of us couponers. Be prepared to check out the app early to see what the freebie is, and if it’s something you really want, head to the store quickly.
TIP: You can use the CVS app to check inventory at your local store.
5. Score free items valued up to $6 during the CVS 14 Days of Gifts.
CVS really knows how to spoil ExtraCare members. During prior events, items were valued between $2 all the way up to $6. Members have been able to get up to 14 free items in past events!
Here are the free items you could score in 2022:
- July 10: CVS Health First Aid Case (value $3.99)
- July 11: CVS Health Chewable Melatonin Tablets
- July 12: Any CVS Health First Aid Item (up to $3)
- July 13: Mystery First Aid Product
- July 14: Mystery First Aid Product
- July 15: ExtraBucks Rewards
- July 16: CVS Health, Airshield Effervescent Immune Support Tablets
- July 17: Mystery Pain Relief Product
- July 18: Gold Emblem Abound Heavenly Light Popcorn
- July 19: Mystery Skincare Product
- July 20: Mystery Beverage Product
- July 21: CVS Health Advance Floss Picks
- July 22: ExtraBucks Rewards
- July 23: Gold Emblem Abound Omega Trail Mix
6. Sign in to your ExtraCare account to access the freebie coupons.
If you don’t have a free ExtraCare loyalty account, you can sign up right from the CVS app. Just tap the “Account” tab in the app, and select “Link your card or enroll” next to the ExtraCare logo.
The ExtraCare program is how shoppers access in-store promotions like ExtraBucks (in-store credits you can use toward a future CVS purchase).
By linking your ExtraCare account to the CVS app, you’ll be able to access the freebies and rotating in-store promos — plus get 2% back in ExtraBucks on your purchases.
7. You can get the CVS freebies in store and online.
Not wanting to go into stores? You can get the daily freebie online at CVS.com or through the app. Just know that in order to get free shipping, you’ll have to spend $35 or more — unless you’re a CVS CarePass subscriber and have added a CarePass-eligible item to your order.
If your store offers free in-store pickup, grab your freebie that way! Easy couponing, baby.
8. The Extra Thanks Event is just the beginning of serious CVS freebies.
There are so many different ways to save at CVS, from their Pharmacy and Health Rewards programs to the many different kinds of coupons they accept.
We explain everything for you here: THIS is how to coupon at CVS.