Love essential oils and are looking for more ways to put them to good use? Here are our favorite essential oils uses you’ve gotta try.
1. Transform a clothespin into a DIY car air freshener.
This works on home vents too. Simply clip to a car vent or the underside of a vent at home.
2. Make a shoe deodorizer with your favorite scent.
Mix 1/4 cup of baking soda with 5-10 drops of essential oil. Put about 2 Tbsp of the mixture onto a coffee filter, add a second coffee filter and tie with twine. Place the scent packet in shoes.
3. Create lavender oil “Monster Spray” for kids.
Lavender essential oil is known for its calming effects. If your kids have trouble falling asleep, scare away bedtime “monsters” with a few drops of lavender essential oil in a spray bottle filled with water.
4. Keep bathrooms smelling fresh.
Add 3-5 drops of essential oil to the inside of a toilet paper roll for fresh smells with every turn of the roll.
5. Make an all-purpose cleaner with lemon and tea tree oil.
Combine 3 drops each of lemon and tea tree essential oils with an 8 oz. solution of equal parts water and white vinegar solution. Shake and spray on hard surfaces to clean and deodorize.