We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Making time to spend with your partner should be a priority. But when you factor in the cost of a night (or day) out, it can be hard to justify the expense. Sure, sitting at home on the couch is free, but does it really count as quality time? If you want to spend some extra time together without spending any money, we’ve compiled a list of free date ideas you can do almost any time of the year, day or night.
Budgeting is a big deal for many of us this year. To get on track, we’re going to help you shop smart and save wherever possible. You don’t have to spend an exorbitant amount of money to plan a fun date, and we’re going to prove it.
Need even more ideas? Check out this list of freebie days by month and take your partner to enjoy some no-cost stuff, like bagels, ice cream, or movies, together.
Download The Krazy Coupon Lady App for more money-saving tips and deals every day.
Here are 35 free date ideas to try in 2023.
- Go for a hike.
- Use Eventbrite to find free local events like concerts and craft fairs.
- Explore a new neighborhood near you.
- Visit a free museum or go during free admission days.
- Spend the day at the beach.
- Visit your town park or see when there’s a free day at a National Park near you.
- Take shelter dogs for a walk.
- Binge-watch your favorite multiseason show from start to finish.
- Make a new recipe together.
- Have a game night.
- Visit your local library and each pick a book for the other person to read.
- Get competitive with a game of one-on-one basketball.
- Volunteer together at a local nonprofit.
- Go to a trivia night or have your own trivia night at home.
- Play video games.
- Find a free brewery or winery tour near you.
- Go to a book reading.
- Visit tourist attractions in your own town.
- Download a karaoke app and belt out your favorite tunes.
- Go camping in your backyard. S’mores required.
- See who can finish a crossword puzzle first.
- Do a real jigsaw puzzle together.
- Find a free class at your local community center.
- Visit a farmer’s market.
- Find online printable Bingo cards for your favorite movies or other activities.
- Stream a virtual concert.
- Have an at-home wine tasting.
- Make a cooking competition out of whatever is in the fridge.
- Use your laptop to have an outdoor movie night.
- Learn a magic trick from YouTube together.
- Do a themed dress-up date and take photos for Instagram.
- Create a photo scavenger hunt and see who wins.
- Learn a dance together on TikTok or YouTube.
- Try a free fitness class together.
- Test drive your dream car together.