Ready to save on booze from now on? I’m gonna share with you plenty of ways to get cheap alcohol (I mean alcohol for cheap) both online and in-store. Whether you’re planning on going to a liquor store, putting together an order for delivery, or signing up for a subscription service, let’s take a look at the ways you can wet your whistle without breaking the bank.
Don’t forget to download the KCL app for more news and deals.
1. Grab cheap alcohol with a Vons Club Card.
- Screwball Whiskey $22.21 (reg. $31.99)
- Maker’s Mark $18.88 (reg. $32.99)
- La Marca Italian Prosecco $14.43 (reg. $19.99)
Vons also offers exclusive digital coupons for some already-discounted items. All you need to do is load the deals onto your Vons account online or in-app before checkout:
- $5 Paypal rebate on Michelob Ultra 24 pack $22.99 (reg. $25.99)
- $2 off one bottle of Smirnoff $16.99 (reg. $24.99)
- $8 PayPal rebate on a 30-pack of Coors Light $22.99 (reg. $25.99) with purchase of pizza (minimum $8.01)
2. Get wine delivery without breaking the bank online.
Heartwood & Oak are wine merchants that hand select premium bottles of wine from all over the world for members of their monthly wine subscription program. The wine delivery service offers a Wine Insiders Club, which currently has an introductory offer for new members.
When you join the Wine Insiders Club, you receive a 12-bottle collection of wines of your choice, three extra bottles of 2018 Château Cazeau 1560 Bordeaux Rouge, and free shipping for $89. At under $6 a bottle, you’ll be able to replenish your wine without breaking the bank. Keep in mind, however, that after two weeks you’ll be up for another shipment of twelve bottles ($139.95 plus $19.95 shipping) unless you cancel after your first order.
There are also plenty of other cheap wine options online:
- Firstleaf offers a 6-bottle box for $39.95 with free shipping, costing you about $6.66 a bottle. You can also double your order at checkout, still with free shipping. After the introductory price, the club cost will be $79.98 with $9.95 shipping for each 6-bottle box.
- If you live in New York City, you can take advantage of special deals on Rooftop Reds wine delivery. The service is currently offering 10% off on orders $100 or more and 25% off on orders of $250 or more.
- Winc tailors a wine selection to your tastes. While the price is generally $59.95, you can get $20 off your first order of four bottles, giving you four bottles for roughly $10 each. Winc also has a referral service, giving your friend or family member $22 off of their first shipment and a $15 bottle credit for you on each of their first two orders.
3. Build your own 6-pack to save $3 on expensive craft brews.
A lot of grocery stores allow customers to create their own 6-packs—if you’re adventurous, why wouldn’t you?
On my last trip to Safeway, I saw that they were offering a $6.99 “Craft Your Own Six Pack” deal. This lets you mix and match some of your favorite brews, and even score some savings. For example, while a general six-pack of Blue Moon costs $9.99 with a Club Card, you can save $3 by building your own Blue Moon six-pack.
4. Buy booze at Costco without a membership.
Due to alcohol laws, Costco can’t restrict the sale of wine and alcohol to just members. If you don’t have a membership, head over to member services and request a one-day shopping pass good for only alcohol. In the wine and spirits section, you’ll find a plethora of booze that Costco purchases by the pallet instead of by the box, thus the discounted rate you’ll have a hard time finding anywhere else.
While I saw plenty of great savings on wine during my most recent trip, one of the best deals was the Hook or Crook Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, marked down $10 to $9.99 (regularly $19.99 a bottle.) Outside of wine, I also saw some great hard liquor prices. While the regular price is $21.99 for a bottle of Cazadores Tequila Reposado, Costco knocks $6 off a bottle when you buy two, for a total savings of $12.
5. Get a growler full of draft beer for the same price as a pint at the bar.
Here are some great deals on growlers we saw:
- Marz Community Brewing in Chicago is offering growlers of their brews for $16
- Half Acre in Chicago has growlers of beers such as Daisy Cutter and Stacks of Wheat for as low as $12
- Lo Rez Brewing in Chicago offers growlers as low as $20 and gives you a $5 credit for each reuse
- Gun Hill Brewing in New York City offers growlers for some of their beers such as Gun Hill IPA for as low as $15
- Grimm Artisinal Ales in NYC doesn’t sell their own growlers, but lets you bring in your own growler for refill as long as it’s clean.
- Four Bullets Brewery just outside of Dallas recently introduced “mini” 16 ounce growlers to go for $5 apiece.
- Lakewood Growler in Dallas has a large variety of growlers you can take to go, with some as low as $11
6. Pay $0.49 a bottle when you tack mail-in rebates with multiple-bottle discounts.
7. Keep an eye out for wine and beer rebate forms.
Note: A lot of these mail-in rebates have exclusions for items like lottery tickets, prescriptions, tobacco, and even gift cards. Check the exclusions before you attempt to do this.
8. Go to the drugstores to find frequent sales that can be stacked with multiple rebate offers.
Here are some deals I found on cheap alcohol at Rite Aid
- SKYY Vodka for $11.99 (with $3 back on Ibotta)
- Jim Beam Bourbon for $12.99 (with $4 back on Ibotta)
- Crown Royal Whiskey for $19.99 (with $2 back on Ibotta)
TIP: Before you buy alcohol from Rite Aid, scan your Wellness+ Plenti Points card into Ibotta. By doing this, you can skip submitting photos of your receipt. Rite Aid will communicate with Ibotta for you anytime you purchase an unlocked offer!
9. Make gallons of beer with a beer brewing kit.
Here are some great deals I found on beer brewing kits:
- The Mr. Beer American Lager Starter Kit is currently $33.96 and brews two gallons of beer. You can also get 10% off your order if you receive their coupon code
- The Northern Brewer Essential Brew Share Enjoy Homebrew kit is $89.99 with free shipping and brews five gallons of beer
Let’s compare this to a six pack of Odell Mountain Standard, which generally costs $10.99. Because two 6-packs roughly makes up a gallon of beer, you’d be paying around $43.96 for the equivalent of the Mr. Beer kit (saving $10) and $109.90 for the amount of gallons in the Northern Brewer kit (saving $19.91).
10. Trader Joe’s offers a number of cheap wine options.
While most people might think of “Two Buck Chuck” when Trader Joe’s cheap wine comes to mind, the rest of the store’s selections are also reasonably priced. Their new Block Red Sangria wine box essentially gives you four bottles for $10.99 (about $2.75 a bottle). The rest of their wine selection is easy on the wallet as well, with (non-Two Buck Chuck) bottles as low as $5.99. They also offer unique beer options such as Trader Jose Premium Lager for $6.49 or Electropical Juicy IPA for $8.99.
RELATED: National Drink Wine Day Deals
11. Get $5 off your first Drizly delivery.
12. Use Ibotta for cash-back offers on booze at liquor and grocery stores.
Ibotta lets you get cash back rebates on specific liquor store locations as well as brand offers you can use at any grocery store, liquor store, or gas station. Here are a few deals I found on the app:
- $3 back on SKYY Vodka, 750ml or larger
- $4 back on Jim Beam, 750ml or larger when you buy two
- $5 back on Dewar’s White Label Scotch Whiskey, 1 liter or larger
13. Target sells plenty of cheap wine.
- California Roots Red Blend 750ml is $5
- Barefoot Moscato Wine is $5.99
- California Roots Sangria 750ml is $5
14. Save $10 on beer and wine when you shop at Grocery Outlet.
- Berghoff Grapefruit Radler is $4.99 (reg. $9.99)
- Tangent Valley wine for $4.99 (reg. $14.99)
- Victor Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon is $5.99 (reg. $15.99)
15. Grab your second bottle of wine for five cents at BevMo.
- Cook’s Extra Dry, usually $12.99, is $9.99 when you buy two (save $6)
- Save $6 when you buy two bottles of Olmeca Altos tequila for $15.99 AND save an extra $9 per bottle if you’re a ClubBev! Member for a total savings of $24
- Take $10 off when you buy two bottles of Bombay Sapphire for $41.99. AND save an extra $14 per bottle if you’re a ClubBev! Member for a total savings of $38
Don’t Scroll Up! These are the articles mentioned: