- Target’s Cartwheel app
Target’s Price Matching Guarantee
Target has two different price matching policies—one for Target stores and one for Target.com.
1. Who they price-match with
Target matches the prices for these retailers.
- In a competitor’s local (same region, city or area) printed ad or catalog.
2. How they price match in Target stores
The official Target store price matching policy reads as follows:
We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target or CityTarget stores then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Price match may be requested prior to your purchase.
Additional details you need to know:
- For price matching with Target.com, the retail price must be displayed and valid on Target.com at the time the price match is requested.
- For price matching with a competitor, the identical item must be in stock at the competitor’s location at the time the price match is requested.
- For online price matching, only one identical online item per customer may be submitted for a price match.
3. How they price match through Target.com
The official Target.com price matching policy reads as follows:
Purchases made on Target.com are excluded from the store’s price matching policy. Target.com will price match if you see a lower price listed on Target.com or in our Target Weekly Ad the same week or the week following your online order date.
4. How to redeem a Target store price match
Target offers these instructions to redeem a price match in any Target store and online.
- You must present the original Target receipt at the time you request the price match.
- Visit the Guest Service Desk in any Target store.
- The item must be identical to the competitor’s item to qualify for a price match.
- Bring in your proof of the competitor’s lower price. Target suggests bringing in the original dated, printed advertisement or catalog, or bringing up the URL on your mobile device with proof of the lower price.
- Target reserves the right to verify a competitor’s price and item availability (typically done by calling the other retailer).
- Call Target Guest Services (1-800-591-3869). Target stores cannot match or adjust the price for any Target.com purchase.
5. Exclusions to the price matching guarantee
Target’s price-matching guarantee contains exclusions for the following items:
- Prices at other Target stores
- Prices for Target Portrait Studio, Optical Center or Health Clinic
- Prices at stores that require a membership/loyalty fee (example: Costco, Sam’s Club)
- Prices by marketplace resellers (example: Amazon third-party reseller vs. Amazon.com)
- Competitor prices that are only lower because of a coupon
- Any item where prices only display after guest log-in or where retail price cannot be verified
- Lower prices in ads that do not specify product size/quantity
- Limited-time/limited-quantity offers
6. Does Target match prices on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
Target’s official price match policy specifically excludes Black Friday and Cyber Monday from eligibility for price matching. Target’s official holiday price matching policy reads:
Price matches for prices offered Nov. 28 through Dec. 2 by Target, Target.com or a competitor are excluded.
Note: This includes adjusting prices for previously purchased items.
7. What about coupons?
Target permits the use of coupons when submitting a price match request, so long as these two conditions are met.
- Manufacturer coupons: will be applied after price match is applied.
- Target, Target Cartwheel coupons: will be applied before price match is applied – if competitor price is still lower, price adjustment will then be applied.
Read Target’s policy
These links take you to Target’s official price matching guarantee (for stores and online).