Nostalgic food lovers are getting some big wins in 2022. First, we got back the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, we might get McDonald’s Halloween buckets, and now Taco Bell is bringing back another one — with your help. Now through early October, you can cast your votes for one of two of the most famous discontinued Taco Bell items: the Double Decker Taco or the legendary Taco Bell Enchirito.
Not a fan of either? You can still vote for your favorite menu item. We have all the details on the Double Decker Taco vs. Taco Bell Enchirito menu contest:
Taco Bell Rewards members can vote to bring back the Double Decker Taco or the Enchirito.
Taco Bell is letting you choose the winner: the Double Decker Taco or the Enchirito? But beware, whichever one comes on top isn’t here to stay like the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza. Taco Bell says it’ll only be on menus for a limited time.
So let’s take a look at the contenders:
Double Decker Taco
It first made its debut in 1995. A crunchy taco with seasoned beef, lettuce, and cheese in the middle wrapped in a flour tortilla layered with beans — the Double Decker Taco was such a hit they brought it back in 2006. It had a 13-year run before Taco Bell gave it the boot in 2019.
Taco Bell Enchirito
This is a true Taco Bell classic — it was the first time they invented a Mexican-inspired dish in 1970. A crossbreed of the Mexican enchilada and burrito, it’s a soft flour tortilla filled with seasoned beef, diced onions, and beans, folded into a burrito and topped with red sauce. The Enchirito lasted a solid 43 years before disappearing in 2013.
You can vote for your choice once a day through Oct. 6.
If you aren’t a Taco Bell Rewards member, sign up for an account (it’s free!) so you can cast your vote.
You have from Sept. 27 until Oct. 6, 2022, to get those votes in. And hurry Double Decker fans; as of Sept. 27, Enchirito is in the lead.
TIP: Maximize your vote by using the write-in ballot to vote twice daily — one vote for the Double Decker/Enchirito, the other for a dark horse write-in contender.
You can write in your vote to bring back ANY discontinued Taco Bell menu item.
You don’t have to stick to the Double Decker Taco or the Enchirito. Taco Bell will let you write in ANY discontinued Taco Bell menu item. Miss those Nacho Fries? Write them in.
If enough people write in, you could see your favorite old menu treat back in Taco Bell. So what are some choices you have? Here are some menu items from Taco Bell’s past:
- Nacho Crunch Grilled Stuft Burrito: A flour tortilla wrapped around your choice of beef or chicken, nacho cheese, beans, green onions, tomatoes, sour cream, and strips of tortilla chips.
- Verde Sauce: A green salsa with a spicy kick made with jalapeno peppers and chili peppers.
- Bell Beefer: Taco meat, lettuce, diced onions, and the Taco Bell mild sauce set between two hamburger buns.
- Cinnamon Crispas: Lightly fried tortillas dusted with cinnamon sugar
- Black Jack Taco: Ground beef, lettuce, baja sauce, and the three cheese blend layered inside of a black crispy taco shell
- Nacho Fries: Fries with southwestern seasoning and nacho cheese for dipping sauce
- Fully Loaded Nachos: Double ground beef, crispy tortilla strips, salsa, guacamole, 3-cheese blend, refried beans, and sour cream on top of a double helping of tortilla chips
- Doritos Locos Tacos: Ground beef, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and 3-cheese blend in a Nacho Doritos crispy taco shell
- Cool Ranch Tacos: Ground beef, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and 3-cheese blend in a Cool Ranch Doritos crispy taco shell
- Volcano Taco: Ground beef, lettuce, lava sauce, and 3-cheese blend between a bright red, crispy taco shell
- Seafood Salad: A salad with shredded cheese, tomatoes, olives, shrimp (WHAT?!), whitefish, and snow crab inside of a tortilla bowl
Since one of these two won’t be back, make your own Double Decker Taco or Taco Bell Enchirito.
One of these isn’t coming back, but there are ways to enjoy your beloved Taco Bell food still.
- Soft flour tortillas
- Hard corn taco shells
- Can of refried beans
- Ground beef
- Taco Bell Original Taco Seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
Directions: Warm the tortillas and taco shells. Heat the refried beans. Brown the ground beef on the skillet, drain, and add taco seasoning. Spread the refried beans inside the soft taco shell and wrap around hard taco. Fill with ground beef, cheese, lettuce, and anything else you want to add.