The Hook: You get 3 bottles of wine delivered for only $28.41 with shipping and tax.
- To get my business, Club W deeply discounts my first purchase.
- Order 4 bottles of wine for the best bargain (free shipping means each bottle ends up costing $9.13, not $16.14).
Di-wine intervention: Use promo code KCL20 and get $20 off of your order! You’re welcome.
The Schtick: Club W is a monthly wine subscription service.
- Your credit card is automatically charged $39.95 per month for 3 bottles of wine + $6 flat-rate shipping + tax.
- All wines start at $13, and shipping on all orders with 4 or more bottles is free.
The Catch: If your order is processed May 1, you’ll automatically be charged if you don’t cancel by May 28.
- If you don’t log in to your account and select ‘Skip the Month’ within 48 hours of your processing date, you’ll be charged the $39.95. So if you place your first order in the middle of April (as an example), you have until the middle of May to cancel or to skip a month.
- If your Recommendation Settings are set to 3 bottles per month, but you only place 2 bottles manually into your cart, Club W adds the extra bottle from your Recommended Wines list.
- If someone 21 years of age or older isn’t available to receive the order or if you miss your Club W delivery, they’ll ship it back out, but they could charge an additional $20 fee.
Related: Is ShoeDazzle Worth Your Sole?
The Out: You can cancel your membership by calling 1-855-282-5829 as soon as your first order ships.
- Don’t assume the account is canceled until personally speaking to an agent via telephone and receiving email verification of cancellation.
- Club W offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If the wine isn’t zipping your bip, they’ll replace it for no additional cost.
The Good: Apps, airplanes and DoorDash
- With the Club W app, you can skip a shipment at any month, anytime.
- Club W gives you 2,500 TrueBlue Jet Blue Points with your first order.
- If you live in any of these areas, DoorDash will even deliver your order within an hour: Atlanta, Bellevue, Boston, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Manhattan, Minneapolis, Orange County, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St. Paul, Toronto, or Vancouver. For each wine you purchase on DoorDash priced $16.99 and under, you get $5 of Club W credit. For each wine $17 and up, they give you $10 in credit.
The Bad: The service isn’t cheap, and the wine’s rarely vintage.
- At $9.13 per bottle, their introductory offer’s not nearly as attractive as Heartwood & Oak’s (only $4.97 each).
- When you return the wines you’re not 100% happy with, there are additional return shipping fees.
- Club W rarely offers vintage or rare wines.
The Verdict: Club W isn’t the cheapest wine-of-the-month option.
If you’re wondering which wines pair best with those Girl Scout Thin Mints (it’s a red blend, by the way) or Easter Peeps (White Zin), Club W is a great service to try for some of their exclusive, limited-run wines. But when it comes down to price, Club W can’t quite hold a big, bouquet-filled, grape-y candle to Heartwood & Oak’s promo BOGO bargain of $9.97.