We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Now that your Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping adventures are in the books, it’s time to think about the real reason for the season — kindness. To celebrate and encourage generosity, the nonprofit organization GivingTuesday asks people around the world to do good. This year, GivingTuesday celebrates 10 years of generosity and we hope you can take some time today to give back.
What is Giving Tuesday?
According to GivingTuesday.org, Giving Tuesday is a ” global generosity movement unleashing the power of radical generosity.” It’s a day that encourages giving time, support, money or even a smile to help create a better world.
In addition to donating your time toward charitable organizations, you can shop online or in-store at some of your favorite retailers who participate in the global effort of Giving Tuesday. Some retailers match dollar donations, others donate a percentage of sale proceeds to select charities. Here’s a list of the participating retailers you can shop today to give back this Giving Tuesday!
Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app for more money-saving tips, deals, and coupons.
Retailers Matching Donations Today
- Williams Sonoma will match your donation to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Donate your Gap Good rewards, and Gap will match donate five times your donation.
- Earn five times the PetSmart Treat Points when you donate to one of the PetSmart charities today online or in store.
- Donate your Sephora rewards, and Sephora will match your donation through Dec. 5, 2022. Here are the organizations you can donate 500 points to today only (Nov. 29):
- Act to Change
- Best Buddies
- Girls Inc
- National Black Justice Coalition
- National CARE Mentoring Movement
- National Coalition on Black Civic Participation – Black Women’s Roundtable
- Project Glimmer
- Right to Be
- The Arc
- The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Trevor Project
Places You Can Shop Today to Give Back
- Anthropologie is donating 100% of their candle proceeds today to YoungArts which recognizes and supports young performing, visual and literary artists. Time to stock up on the fan-favorite Capri Blue candles!
- Foggy Dog will donate two pounds of dog food to rescue dogs until 11:59 p.m. PT with every order.
- American Eagle will donate $2 to Feeding America for every purchase made using the Real Rewards credit card until 11:59 p.m. ET on Dec. 5, 2022.
- Shop for a participating food bank through Instacart Community Carts until Dec. 31, 2022, and Instacart will match every dollar spent and donate it to Feeding America.
- LoopyCases donates 1% of their total revenue under their Loopy for a Cause pledge. You can shop to help these organizations:
- Victoria’s Secret and Pink will donate 10% of pajama sales to Support the Girls organization.
- Kate Spade will donate 5% to the Tides Foundation. Use the code GIVETUES during checkout to get up to 60% off.
- Shop the Brett Eldredge curated collection of cards and gifts today at Minted.com and they will donate 20% of every purchase to the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt.
- Vuori will plant one tree for every purchase made on Nov. 29 to help support the National Forest Foundation.
- For every pair purchased, Sperry will donate a pair to Housing Works, an organization that works to end the dual crises of homelessness and AIDS.
- Etsy will offer the option to donate to the Uplift Fund at checkout. This fund supports nonprofits that foster equal opportunities for entrepreneurship in communities that need it most.
- Glow Recipe is giving 100% of their net proceeds through Dec. 1, 2022, to Project Glimmer, whose mission is to help empower adolescent girls.
Other Ways to Do Good on Giving Tuesday
Here are several other ways you can make a difference on Giving Tuesday.
- Collect non-perishable food and deliver it to a local food pantry.
- Volunteer with a local organization.
- Donate your unused gift cards to a shelter.
- Collect new toys and donate them to a local hospital.
- Give blood.
- Pay it forward at the store.
- Adopt a family for Christmas.
- Spend time with the animals at your local animal shelter/rescue.