We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
McDonald’s has been in the chicken sandwich game since 1980 when they introduced the McChicken. Fast forward to 2021 — when the fast-food giant introduced the Crispy Chicken Sandwich, now known as the McCrispy.
They’re trying to win the chicken sandwich wars, and they’ve doubled down on the McCrispy by introducing a new variation — the Bacon Ranch McCrispy.
So what’s on the McDonald’s chicken sandwich menu? We’ve dug up everything you should know about McDonald’s chicken sandwiches, including price, additions, and McDonald’s secret menu items.
We’ve got lots more ways to save on the McDonald’s menu.
1. The McDonald’s McCrispy chicken sandwich is priced from $4.59 to $6.49.
A McDonald’s McCrispy chicken sandwich comes with a potato roll, pickles, and a chicken filet (similar to the Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich). Get the deluxe version of the sandwich for a potato roll, tomatoes, lettuce, mayonnaise, and a chicken filet. (If you miss the pickles on the McCrispy Deluxe, you can add them back for no additional charge.)
There’s also a spicy version of the chicken filet that will cost $0.20 more. Here’s every McCrispy sandwich price:
- McCrispy: $4.59
- Spicy McCrispy: $4.79
- Deluxe McCrispy: $5.19
- Deluxe Spicy McCrispy: $5.39
- Bacon Ranch McCrispy: $5.69
- Bacon Ranch McCrispy Deluxe: $6.49
2. McDonald’s introduced the new Bacon Ranch McCrispy in March 2023.
For the first time since the McCrispy release in 2021, McDonald’s is selling a variation of the sandwich: the Bacon Ranch McCrispy. This sandwich officially dropped on March 12, 2023, but so far it doesn’t look like it’ll be on the permanent McDonald’s menu.
As you might suspect, each Bacon Ranch McCrispy comes with bacon and ranch on the original McCrispy. It even has a deluxe version that replaces the standard pickles for lettuce and tomatoes.
3. The Bacon Ranch McCrispy is 17% cheaper than Chick-fil-A.
The Bacon Ranch McCrispy costs $5.69 at most McDonald’s locations. At Chick-fil-A, you can get a similar sandwich by ordering an original chicken sandwich (priced at $5.29) and adding bacon for $1.60 and ranch sauce. That’s a $6.89 value — 17.4% more expensive when compared to the Bacon Ranch McCrispy.
There are plenty of ways to get free Chick-fil-A on your orders.
4. The McDonald’s McChicken sandwich is 47% cheaper than the McCrispy.
When the McCrispy was released in 2021, it didn’t replace the original McDonald’s McChicken. While the filet recipe is supposedly different, the only noticeable differences between the two sandwiches are the ingredients and price. The McCrispy has a higher quality patty and is crispier than the original.
The McChicken comes with lettuce and mayo for $2.39, and the McCrispy comes with pickles for $4.59. That’s a 47.9% difference.
5. Add tomatoes to your McChicken to get a Deluxe McCrispy for only $2.69.
Want to get a cheaper Deluxe McCrispy? All you have to do is ask for tomatoes on your McChicken for only $0.30. That means you’ll get your Deluxe McCrispy for only $2.69 — a 48.1% discount.
Here’s everything you can add to your McChicken and McCrispy and their cost:
- Lettuce: $0.30
- Extra Lettuce: $0.60
- Tomatoes: $0.30
- Extra Tomatoes: $0.60
- Cheese: $0.89
- Extra Cheese: $1.78
- Bacon: $1.19
- Extra Bacon: $2.38
- Pickles: No cost
- Mustard & Ketchup: No cost
TIP: You can make your own Bacon Ranch McCrispy by adding bacon and mayo to your regular McCrispy for $5.78.
6. The McDonald’s secret menu gives you lots more chicken sandwich options — like the Chicken Big Mac.
There are plenty of McDonald’s secret menu items that can get you special McDonald’s items that you won’t be able to get anywhere else. Here’s how to make the specialty McDonald’s chicken sandwich items:
Chicken Big Mac (reg. $5.67)
This is a twist on the Big Mac, but instead of eating the traditional beef patties, this one’s all chicken.
- Order two McChickens (reg. $2.39 each)
- Add a slice of cheese (reg. $0.89)
- Ask for Big Mac Sauce (no charge)
- Ask for pickles (no charge)
- Add all the ingredients together
Big McChicken (reg. $12.56)
This one’s similar to the Chicken Big Mac, but instead of replacing the beef with chicken, you replace the buns with the chicken patties.
- Order a Big Mac (reg. $5.39)
- Order three McChickens plain (reg. $2.39 each)
- Replace the buns of the Big Mac with the chicken patties from the McChickens
Land, Air, and Sea Burger (reg. $12.77)
Can’t decide between beef, fish, and chicken? With the Land, Air, and Sea Burger, you can get the best of all worlds with this protein trifecta.
- Order a Filet-O-Fish (reg. $4.99)
- Order a Big Mac (reg. $5.39)
- Order a McChicken (reg. $2.39)
- Place the Filet-O-Fish and McChicken in the Big Mac. Buns included. Hope you’re hungry.
Crunchy Double (reg. $5.39)
With this combination of hamburger and chicken nuggets, you’ll get a crunch with each bite.
- Order a Double Cheeseburger (reg. $2.89)
- Order a 6-piece McNugget (reg. $2.50)
- Get a packet of BBQ Sauce
- Place the McNuggets on the patty and cover with BBQ Sauce
7. Use the McDonald’s Rewards program to get a free McChicken.
With the McDonald’s Rewards program, you’ll get free McDonald’s just by ordering through the McDonald’s app. For every $1 you spend, you’ll get 100 points, and once you hit 1,500 points, you’ll be able to redeem your points for a free McChicken (priced at $2.39). That’s a 15.9% cash-back reward.
8. The McDonald’s McChicken is the lowest-calorie chicken sandwich option.
The caloric count of a McCrispy will depend on the toppings you add to it and the type of filet (spicy or regular) you get, but generally, you can expect a McCrispy to be less than 660 calories. Here’s how many calories each chicken sandwich has:
- McChicken: 400 calories
- McCrispy: 470 calories
- Spicy McCrispy: 530 calories
- Deluxe McCrispy: 530 calories
- Deluxe Spicy McCrispy: 540 calories
- Bacon Ranch McCrispy: 650 calories
- Bacon Ranch Deluxe McCrispy: 660 calories
9. McDonald’s has a long list of discontinued chicken sandwiches.
McDonald’s has tried a number of different chicken dishes in the past including wraps, sandwiches, and more. Most of these items have been discontinued, but McDonald’s has been known to bring back items for a limited time. Here’s every discontinued McDonald’s chicken menu item:
- Spicy Chicken McBites: Discontinued in 2013
- Southern Style Chicken Sandwich: Discontinued in 2015
- Premium Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich: Discontinued in 2015
- McWrap Chicken: Discontinued in 2016 (but still available in Canada)
- Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Sandwich: Discontinued in 2021
10. The McDonald’s breakfast menu has even more chicken items, like the McChicken Biscuit.
During McDonald’s breakfast hours (5 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.), you can pick up exclusive chicken sandwiches that are only available for breakfast: the McChicken Biscuit (priced at $2.19) and the McChicken McGriddle (regularly $3.19).
Just add some maple syrup, and you’ll get a secret menu “chicken and waffles.”