Nectar is one of the best-selling memory foam mattress brands and the most value-driven of the bed-in-a-box companies. I.e., Nectar’s got the best deals.
So this year, I jumped on the Nectar mattress bandwagon in a big way after my family moved to a new place (four mattresses and counting), and here’s everything I learned about Nectar reviews, specs, and the incredible 365-day return policy.
1. Nectar sells consistently well-reviewed, 100% foam mattresses and ships them to you for free.
Avoid the awkward showroom experience when buying a new mattress, and buy a direct-to-consumer mattress from nectarsleep.com.
The memory foam mattresses have high ratings all over the internet, averaging 4.7 out of 5 stars with more than 30,000 reviews.
2. These Nectar mattresses are really, REALLY comfortable.
Once we got the Nectar Classic and Premier mattresses out of their indigo-colored boxes, we unrolled them and let them breathe. It’s pretty remarkable how compact they make the mattresses, given how much they expand. I took this photo less than two minutes after cutting the plastic.
The mattresses are firm enough to support your body, but squishy enough to adapt to it — thanks to the ample amounts of memory foam. The cooling layer on top is legit; you can feel the heat being drawn away from you.
I compared the Classic and Premier mattresses, and I could definitely tell the difference between the two, but only because I was paying attention. Both were incredibly comfy. If you like something on the more firm end, there’s probably no need to upgrade. If you could use extra padding for joints or you really like that sink-in feeling, the Premier or even Premier Copper is likely worth the cost. (More on the differences between the three below.)
3. There are three different types of Nectar mattresses: Classic, Premier, & Premier Copper.
Nectar refreshed their product lineup in May 2021, discontinuing the Nectar Lush Mattress and upgrading to two new extra-thick mattresses: Premier and Premier Copper.
The overwhelmingly well-reviewed Nectar Classic got some improvements too: an extra inch on the base support layer for a thicker overall mattress and a new polyethylene blend cooling cover.
All Nectar mattresses have cooling capabilities, a washable cover, and are available in all the standard sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and California King.
- The Nectar Classic is 12″ thick with a polyethylene cooling cover on the outside, 3″ of gel memory foam on the top, 2″ of transitional foam in the middle, and a 7″ base support layer on the bottom.
- The Nectar Premier is 13″ thick with a double-thick cooling cover on the outside, 3″ of gel memory foam on top that draws heat away from the body, 3″ of soft transitional foam in the middle, and a 7″ base support layer on the bottom.
- The Nectar Premier Copper is 14″ thick with a washable poly-blend/copper cooling cover on the outside, 4″ of gel memory foam on top that draws heat away from the body, 1″ of soft transitional foam in the middle, and a 9″ base support layer on the bottom.
4. You’ll never have to pay full price, thanks to Nectar mattress sales and bundle freebies.
A classic Nectar queen mattress retails for $799. If you want the lowest out of pocket, sign up for Nectar emails where occasionally, you’ll receive a promo code worth about 15% off. That’ll drop the price to $679. Nectar has sitewide sales two. The lowest price we saw last year was on Nov. 1, 2020, when Nectar hosted a one-day 25% off sale.
If you want the best value on your Nectar queen mattress, go with the bundle deal, which is almost always available. The “Resident Serenity Sleep Bundle” comes with a pillow, sheet set, and mattress protector (which Nectar typically charges $399 for) for free. Those freebies include two cooling pillows (reg. $150) — a sheet set (reg. $150) and a mattress protector (reg. $99), while supplies last.
The bundle savings is over 30%.
5. Nectar has the most mattress for the money compared to their competitors.
Nectar mattresses run between $499 for the Nectar Classic Twin, all the way up to $1,999 for the Premier Copper King/California King size.
Although other mattress sellers have cheaper models, they aren’t as complex; the cheapest comparable four-layer, 12″ thick twin mattresses like Nectar’s cost:
- $972 at Bear
- $985.50 at Tuft Needle
- $1,016 at Casper
- $1,899 at Purple
6. Nectar will let you try out their mattress free for an entire year.
Nectar’s competitors only offer a 100-day trial of their mattresses, while Nectar’s is a full 365 days.
7. If you decide the Nectar mattress isn’t for you, returns are hassle free.
Because the 100% foam construction of a Nectar mattress can take time to break in, Nectar only requires you to keep the mattress for at least 30 days before you can return it. That’s a 30-day minimum, not maximum.
If you have to return a Nectar mattress, here’s how:
- Returns are free and easy after your first 30 days. You must initiate your return between day 31 and day 365.
- Email email@example.com or call 888-425-4854 to request a return.
- Nectar will arrange a time and date for a local charity to come pick up your mattress.
- Your refund will be processed, minus the original delivery cost and minus the value of any freebies if you purchased a bundle deal.
8. And if a year isn’t enough, there’s a lifetime warranty on all Nectar mattresses.
If your Nectar mattress has visible cracks, dents, or other imperfections that affect its support, Nectar will make it right — for as long as the original purchaser owns the mattress.
For the first 10 years you own it, Nectar will replace the defective mattress with a brand new one of equal or greater value, for free.
After that, Nectar will either repair and re-cover the mattress or replace it. By comparison, Nectar’s competitors only offer 10-year warranties.
9. The two newest Nectar memory foam mattresses come with a Google Nest hub ($99 value).
The Nectar Premier and Premier Copper both come with a Google Nest smart home hub (reg. $99) that’s equipped with sleep sensing — so you can have actual data to tell you how well you’re sleeping.
The Nectar mattress and Google Nest don’t communicate or anything. Nectar is just an official sleep partner with Google. Each morning, your Google Nest shows you a sleep summary on your display or the Google Fit app, describing how well you slept the night before after monitoring you through the night.
10. Nectar’s free shipping delivers within 14-21 business days.
And business days are Monday-Friday, so expect around a month total before the mattress arrives.
The boxes are HUGE! But it’s super convenient to have them just show up at your door. You then bring the box into the room where the mattress will live, unbox it, unroll it, and let it breathe for at least 24 hours before putting it on the bed.
11. Skip the $149 ‘White Glove’ setup service.
Nectar’s “White Glove” service will bring a Nectar representative to your house to help with setup and old mattress removal for $149. And if you need help with more than one Nectar product, each additional item costs $45.
While that’s super convenient, setup really isn’t complicated enough to justify this expense.
12. If you want to try before you buy, some mattress stores do carry Nectar.
Use the store locator at nectarsleep.com to find the closest mattress store that carries Nectar. There you can try out a Nectar in person before you decide to buy.
13. Nectar will let you spread out payments with no interest.
Nectar has partnered with two “buy now, pay later” services that will let you pay over time, rather than all at once.
SplitIt lets you divide the cost of your mattress over 3, 6, or 12 months, with no application, credit check, interest, or late fees.
If you need a little more time to pay it all off, Nectar has partnered with Affirm, which may or may not have interest (depending on a credit check) — and can be spread out over 2 years.
14. Nectar also sells accessories and bedroom furniture.
Here are just a few of the things Nectar sells in addition to mattresses — and they’re all rated 4.5 stars or more:
- Mattress foundation
- Bed Frame with Headboard (Full/Queen/King, $300-$375)
- Duvet (all sizes, $149-$199)
- Weighted Blanket (Standard & Large, $149-$169)
- Platform Bed ($259-$359)
- Nightstand ($199)
- 4 Drawer Dresser ($259)
15. When you refer a friend, they get the $399 bundle offer and you both get Hulu Premium.
Nectar’s referral program is simple. Give them your email address and they’ll give you a unique referral link. If someone makes a Nectar mattress purchase using your referral code, they get two cooling pillows (reg. $150), a sheet set (reg. $150), and a mattress protector (reg. $99).
And then you both get three months of the Hulu Premium streaming service ($35.98 value), via a Hulu gift card.
You can refer as many friends as you want, and each time you get a Hulu gift card.
This article was sponsored by Nectar, but as always, the thoughts and impressions expressed here are my own.