We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
June is here so is the summer! This means it’s time to start thinking about car maintenance and utilizing oil change coupons to keep your vehicle in top condition. While not all maintenance tasks have deals, you can always count on using an oil change coupon when it’s time to get serviced.
According to Meineke, regular oil changes keep the engine lubricated, cool engine components, remove engine wear particles and sludge, improve gas mileage (YES, please!), and promote vehicle longevity. If you have a child heading off to college, now’s a great time to make sure their oil is changed and their car is ready to roll.
From now on, you’re going to get the best oil change coupons and savings around!
While you’re at it, download The Krazy Coupon Lady app to learn more ways to save every day.
Since maintenance plays such an important part in how well your car performs, you’re gonna need some savings.
Goodyear tire/service coupons
- Save up to $230 on select tires
- Up to $80 instantly when you purchase and install a set of 4 Goodyear tires. Plus, get up to $150 back by online or mail-in rebate on select sets of 4 tires when you use the Goodyear Credit Card.
- $100 off services of $500
- $50 off services of $250
- Free car care check
Batteries Plus coupons
- 10% off when you buy online and pick up in store with code CDP10011
1. Look for “Free Oil Change With Test Drive” offers at car dealerships.
Dealers run offers like “free oil change with test drive” all the time. Here’s how it works — there’s usually a make and model of a car or truck they want you to test drive (sometimes not, though!).
You agree to drive it, and then the dealer will credit you an amount up to about $35 toward an oil change there at the dealership.
It may or may not be enough to cover the cost of an oil change, but it’s still free money!
Related: Early Black Friday Sales
2. Always use oil change coupons.
Before you get an oil change, search for oil change coupons for your area. Choose where to get your oil changed based on who has the best coupons. Coupons come as either a dollar-off amount (like $7 off an oil change) or as a discounted oil change price (like “Get a $24.99 oil change”).
June 2023 Coupons Available:
Valvoline oil change coupons
- $10 off Valvoline full-service full synthetic or synthetic blend oil change
- $8 off Valvoline full-service conventional oil change
- $7 off Valvoline full-service, full synthetic or synthetic blend oil change
- $5 off Valvoline full-service conventional oil change
Take 5 oil change coupons
- 15% off for rideshare drivers
- 25% off for veterans and military
- $5 off economy oil change
- $7 off premium oil change
Jiffy Lube oil change coupons
- $10 off Jiffy Lube Signature Service oil change
Firestone oil change coupons
- 15% off Scheduled maintenance with any oil change
- $29.99 Standard oil change
- $10 off Pennzoil high mileage or synthetic blend oil change
- $10 off full synthetic oil change
- $15 off Rotella diesel oil change
- $20 Gift Card with a Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic oil change
Meineke oil change coupons
- As low as $24.95 conventional oil change* price varies based on location
- $5 off synthetic blend oil package
- $10 off full synthetic oil change
- $10 off $100 service
Pennzoil oil change coupons
- Up to $10 off your next Pennzoil motor oil change
Pep Boys oil change coupons
- $10 Off Conventional, High Mileage, and Semi Synthetic oil change
- $20 off Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Oil Change
- Military Discount: 10% Off Your Total Purchase
- Senior Citizens Discount: 10% Off Your Total Purchase
Midas oil change coupons
- $29.99 Standard or $59.99 Full Synthetic Oil Change with Tire Rotation* price varies based on location
- $20 off a Full Synthetic Oil Change
NTB oil change coupons
- Conventional Oil Change for only $24.99, or save $20 on a Synthetic Blend or Full Synthetic Oil Change when an appointment is scheduled for a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
3. Use a Groupon oil change coupon and save up to 50%.
If one of the above oil change coupons doesn’t get you excited, check out Groupon. Groupon oil change offers vary based on your area. Deals can be up to 50% off, but make sure you look and see how many quarts it includes. Anything over the listed amount will be an extra fee. Here are some offers we’ve seen before:
- Jiffy Lube Conventional Oil Change, $24.99 (valued at $49.99)
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change, $29.99
- Pit Stop Oil Change, $26
4. Get a Walmart oil change for as low as $24.88.
Pre-COVID-19, Walmart was the cheapest place to get an oil change. Walmart doesn’t offer any oil change coupons, though. Walmart has many oil change services, and it can get overwhelming and confusing trying to pick out which one to choose.
If your vehicle only needs five quarts of conventional oil, you can get the Pit Crew oil change for $24.88. A standard oil change is $34.88, and a synthetic oil change is $54.88.
5. Does Costco do oil changes?
Nope! Costco may have an auto center, but they don’t perform any oil changes. If you’re a Costco member, you can get 15% off your oil change at participating dealerships.
Visit Costco.com and enter your member number and car make to see which dealership offers this discount.
Granted, oil changes at dealerships tend to be more expensive than they are at Walmart, but some newer cars are so computerized that they might require a dealer to change your oil.
TIP: Look for specials at your car dealership, too! My dealership offers three oil changes, tire rotations, and car washes for $90. This comes out to $30 per service, which can be cheaper than Jiffy Lube.
6. Don’t get your oil changed every 3,000 miles.
Years and years ago, cars needed to get their oil changed every 3,000 miles. But with new car engine technology, it’s not as necessary.
The thing is — your mechanic probably doesn’t want you to know this. They’d be happy to see you (and your money!) every 3,000 miles.
Check your owner’s manual for your car to find out how long you can go. Most newer cars can go at least 7,500 miles.
7. DIY oil change? Buy motor oil on Amazon or Walmart.
Amazon makes their own brand of motor oil, which is similar to brands like Pennzoil, Castor, and Mobil, and it’s slightly cheaper.
- Pennzoil at Walmart: $5.29/quart
- AmazonBasics at Amazon: $7.81/quart
8. Take advantage of courtesy fluid top-offs.
Many places like Jiffy Lube offer courtesy fluid top-offs between oil changes. When you get your oil changed, be sure to ask about these features. I go through windshield wiper fluid like no one’s business, so I take full advantage of all the free top-offs.
More Ways to Save on Your Automobile Expenses:
• Gas Coupons & Money-Saving Tricks
• How to Get Free Air for Tires