Welcome to December! With the holiday season upon us, it’s essential to prioritize car maintenance, especially if you’re planning on traveling more. Ensure your vehicle stays in optimal condition by taking advantage of oil change coupons. While not all maintenance tasks come with discounts, you can always rely on grabbing a great deal when it’s time for an oil change.
According to Meineke, regular oil changes keep the engine lubricated, cool engine components, remove engine wear particles and sludge, improve gas mileage (YES, please!), and promote vehicle longevity.
This December, make a commitment to securing the best oil change coupons and savings available – it’s a smart move, especially if you have plans for more miles on the road!
While you’re at it, download The Krazy Coupon Lady app to learn more ways to save every day.
Your savings may vary based on location.
Since maintenance plays such an important part in how well your car performs, you’re gonna need some savings.
- Save up to $200 on select tires
- Get up to $200 back on select four Goodyear tires, by online or mail-in rebate on select sets of 4 tires when you use the Goodyear Credit Card.
- $25 off select battery packages
- $100 off services of $500+
- $20 off preventative maintenance
- Up to $25 on oil changes
- Free car care check
- 10% off when you buy online and pick up in store with code CDP10011
- 10% off auto batteries when you buy online, pick up in-store with code AUTO10
- $20 off when you schedule your phone repair online with code REPAIR20
- Up to $220 back via rebate on a set of four Continental tires
- Up to $150 back via gift card on a set of four Vredestein tires
1. Look for “Free Oil Change With Test Drive” offers at car dealerships.
Dealers run offers like “free oil change with test drive” all the time. Here’s how it works — there’s usually a make and model of a car or truck they want you to test drive (sometimes not, though!).
You agree to drive it, and then the dealer will credit you an amount up to about $35 toward an oil change at the dealership.
It may or may not be enough to cover the cost of an oil change, but it’s still free money!
Related: Early Black Friday Sales
2. Always use oil change coupons.
Before you get an oil change, search for oil change coupons for your area. Choose where to get your oil changed based on who has the best coupons. Coupons come as either a dollar-off amount (like $7 off an oil change) or as a discounted oil change price (like “Get a $24.99 oil change”).
December 2023 Coupons Available:
- $10 off Valvoline full-service full synthetic or synthetic blend oil change
- $8 off Valvoline full-service conventional oil change
- $7 off Valvoline full-service, full synthetic or synthetic blend oil change
- $5 off Valvoline full-service conventional oil change
- $13 off any oil change
- 15% off for rideshare drivers
- 25% off for veterans and military
- $5 off economy oil change
- $7 off premium oil change
- $10 off Jiffy Lube Signature Service oil change
- $29.99 Standard oil change
- $10 off Pennzoil high mileage or synthetic blend oil change
- $15 off Pennzoil full synthetic oil change
- $15 off Rotella diesel oil change
- 15% off scheduled maintenance with any oil change
- As low as $24.95 conventional oil change* price varies based on location
- $10 off synthetic blend oil package
- $20 off full synthetic oil change
- Up to $10 off your next Pennzoil motor oil change
- 25% off any oil change service
- Military Discount: 10% Off Your Total Purchase
- Senior Citizens Discount: 10% Off Your Total Purchase
- $15 rebate on a Valvoline Oil Change
- $10 off any oil change
3. Use a Groupon oil change coupon and save up to 50%.
If one of the above oil change coupons doesn’t get you excited, check out Groupon. Groupon oil change offers vary based on your area. Deals can be up to 50% off, but make sure you look and see how many quarts it includes. Anything over the listed amount will be an extra fee. Here are some offers we’ve seen before:
- Jiffy Lube Conventional Oil Change, $24.99 (valued at $49.99)
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change, $29.99
- Pit Stop Oil Change, $26
4. Get a Walmart oil change for as low as $24.88.
Pre-COVID-19, Walmart was the cheapest place to get an oil change. Walmart doesn’t offer any oil change coupons, though. Walmart has many oil change services, and it can get overwhelming and confusing trying to pick out which one to choose.
If your vehicle only needs five quarts of conventional oil, you can get the Pit Crew oil change for $24.88. A standard oil change is $34.88, and a premium full synthetic oil change is $54.88.
5. Does Costco do oil changes?
Nope! Costco may have an auto center, but they don’t perform any oil changes. If you’re a Costco member, you can get 15% off your oil change at participating dealerships.
Visit Costco.com and enter your member number and car make to see which dealership offers this discount.
Granted, oil changes at dealerships tend to be more expensive than they are at Walmart, but some newer cars are so computerized that they might require a dealer to change your oil.
TIP: Look for specials at your car dealership, too! My dealership offers three oil changes, tire rotations, and car washes for $90. This comes out to $30 per service, which can be cheaper than Jiffy Lube.
6. Don’t get your oil changed every 3,000 miles.
Years and years ago, cars needed to get their oil changed every 3,000 miles. But with new car engine technology, it’s not as necessary.
The thing is — your mechanic probably doesn’t want you to know this. They’d be happy to see you (and your money!) every 3,000 miles.
Check your owner’s manual for your car to find out how long you can go. Most newer cars can go at least 7,500 miles.
7. DIY oil change? Buy motor oil on Amazon or Walmart.
Amazon makes their own brand of motor oil, which is similar to brands like Pennzoil, Castor, and Mobil, and is often slightly cheaper.
8. Take advantage of courtesy fluid top-offs.
Many places like Jiffy Lube offer courtesy fluid top-offs between oil changes. When you get your oil changed, be sure to ask about these features. I go through windshield wiper fluid like no one’s business, so I take full advantage of all the free top-offs.