1. Free holiday shipping
If there’s one thing I pride myself on, it’s finding creative ways to get free shipping when I shop online. This holiday season, Target is offering free shipping for all Target.com purchases through December 20. Guess where I'll be shopping for gifts this year?!
- Program details: Order anytime between now and December 20 and everything you order ships free. Plus, most orders ship within one hour of purchase! And if you can't wait for shipping, in-store pickup services are free through Christmas Eve.
2. New Wish List app launch
While I've never had a moment's trouble keeping a running Target "wish list," their new Wish List app can't launch fast enough for my tastes. The app brings the homey family tradition of creating gift wish lists into the age of technology.
- Program details: Wish List has a list-building feature for each family member. Kids can add "must-have" items to their lists, and adults can view and share the lists with others. The app also seamlessly integrates with Target's Kids' Gifting Catalog via a cutting-edge augmented reality feature. Best of all, new Wish List-app users can choose one day where all their in-app purchases are 10% off!
3. STORY holiday partnership
STORY is a New York-based design firm that specializes in helping shoppers experience a familiar brand in a brand new and exciting way. Starting on November 5, STORY will be working with Target all during the holiday season to curate and highlight must-have holiday and gift items.
- Program details: Be prepared to learn more about everything Target has to offer through STORY's unique "editorialized gift guide"—a guide prepared just for Target shoppers.
4. Must-have and exclusive holiday gifts
Target is launching an expanded line of top national and international brand name gift items, including some items that will be exclusive to Target.
Exclusive to Target:
- TOMS for Target apparel and accessories
- Faribault Woolen Mills American scarves line
- Threshold and Nate Berkus at Target home décor/entertaining items
- Disney Frozen My Size Dolls
- Wubble Bubble Ball
- Zoomer Dino-Boomer
- Mindware lines
- Exclusive beauty products and gift sets
- Annie for Target by Renée Ehrlich Kalfus (girls' apparel and accessories)
- Orla Kiely's line of fitness and travel accessories
- Dana Tanamachi iPhone cases
Top toys and gifts:
- Beats by Dre
- Apple iPhone
- Skylanders Trap Team
5. Relaunch of popular apps and digital tools
Target's Cartwheel app is already a huge success, but this holiday season, the chain is also re-launching its mobile and tablet store apps to make shopping easier than ever.
- Cartwheel additions: Browse daily deals November 2 – December 24, get 50% off a different toy each day.
- Target app additions: Interactive store maps, shopping lists and Apple Pay-enabled streamlined checkout features.
6. Holiday price matching
Target is going above and beyond in price matching for the holiday season.
- Their official policy reads: If a guest purchases a qualifying item at Target between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24 and then finds it for less at Target.com, a local competitor's printed ad or at select online retailers, Target will match that price.
7. Target’s REDcard Rewards
Target's REDcard holders have saved more than $2 billion since the REDcard Rewards program launched in 2010, and Target plans to show their gratitude with a host of perks throughout the holiday season.
- REDcard perks: Free shipping, an extra 5% off most purchases, an extra 30 days for returns, and other surprise perks!