We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Let’s face it: the Tropical Smoothie Menu isn’t as cheap as, say McDonald’s, but the truth is, the smoothies are worth it. But that doesn’t mean you have to pay full price; we’ve got the best Tropical Smoothie tips and tricks so you can drink up for less.
We’ll show you how to create your own Tropical Smoothie happy hour with the best Tropical Smoothie coupons, discounts on combos, and all the details on how to earn Tropical Smoothie freebies.
Note: Since Tropical Smoothies are franchises, prices differ from location to location.
1. Join Tropical Smoothie Rewards to get a free smoothie after your first purchase.
Download the Tropical Smoothie app to sign up for the Tropical Smoothie rewards program, and after you make your first purchase as a member, you’ll earn a free smoothie coupon, worth up to $6.19.
2. And then you get a $5 off coupon every time you buy 10 smoothies.
For every 10 smoothies you purchase, you’ll get a $5 Tropical Smoothie coupon sent to your rewards page. That’s like getting 8% cashback. Unfortunately, you can’t stack these coupons to get a free smoothie.
But $5 off is pretty steep savings, since smoothies cost $5.69 – $6.19.
3. The best place to get Tropical Smoothie Coupons is on the app.
By far, the best place to get Tropical Smoothie coupons is through the app — where you’ll regularly find BOGO 50% off deals, 10% off coupons, and $2.99 smoothies. Just look at the rewards tab in the app.
4. Get a Tropical Smoothie coupon on your birthday week.
If you add your birthday when you sign up for the Tropical Smoothie Rewards program, they will send you a $2 coupon that you can use on any item in the restaurant. If you upgrade your account to the Energized Level (after you spend $150 through the app), the coupon goes from $2 to $3.
And once you hit Supercharged level (after spending $500), the coupon goes from $3 to one free item (up to a $10 value). You’ll need to get to these goals within a year in order to advance to the next tier, as they reset every year after you sign up.
For more birthday freebies and discounts, check out our list of best birthday freebies, rewards, and discounts.
5. Complete the survey on your receipt to get a smoothie for just $1.99.
So, there’s no reason to ever have to pay full price for a smoothie. Here’s how:
You get your freebie when you download the app and register. You’ll get a receipt for that first smoothie, and on it you’ll find instructions to take a survey at tsclistens.com.
Once you take the survey and get the unique coupon code, you’ll be able to get your next smoothie for $1.99 (reg. $5.69 and up). And when you order that $1.99 smoothie, you’ll get another receipt — so you can do it again.
There are so many ways to earn money with your receipt — check ’em out!
6. Save 5% on kids’ smoothies by splitting a regular-sized smoothie into two cups.
A regular smoothie at Tropical Smoothie Cafe is 24 oz. and will cost you $5.69 — or $6.19 for the premium smoothies — so if you wanted to save on two kids-sized smoothies (reg. $2.99 each), order a regular 24 oz. smoothie and ask if they can put it into two 12 oz. cups. That’ll save you 5% per smoothie.
You’ll only be able to do this in the store since there isn’t an option to do this through the app.
7. Order a combo to get 25% off your smoothie.
A combo at Tropical Smoothie includes a wrap or a sandwich, a smoothie, and a small bag of chips for between $11.18 and $13.18, depending on the type of sandwich and smoothie you order.
Buying as a combo saves you $2; combo items would regularly cost between $13.88 and $15.18 if purchased individually.
Note: If you order a sandwich or wrap by itself — as in, not a combo — you still get a free bag of chips.
8. When it happens, Tropical Smoothie happy hour gets you 50% off all smoothies.
Tropical Smoothie’s happy hour is pretty incredible, but it’s pretty rare. Each location celebrates their happy hour period at different times and dates. Jump on it when it happens; you can expect the discount to be around 50% off the regular price.
To find out when your location is offering Tropical Smoothie happy hour, follow their individual social media pages. Here are a few that we found previously:
- Pharr, TX: Currently running a Tropical Smoothie happy hour every Sunday from 9 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Avon, IN: 50% off all smoothies on Mon., Oct. 25, 2021
- Loudoun, VA: $5.00 smoothies (19% discount) from 7 a.m. – 10 a.m. on Oct. 15, 2021
9. Refer your friends to the Tropical Smoothie Rewards program to get a free smoothie.
When you refer someone to the Tropical Smoothie Rewards program, Tropical Smoothie will send you a coupon for a free smoothie — worth up to $6.19.
All you need to do is click the “More” tab in the app and the “Invite Friends” button. Once they make their first purchase, a coupon will automatically be sent to your rewards page. And they’ll get a free smoothie for signing up, too.
10. Celebrate National Flip-Flop Day with a free Sunshine Smoothie.
National Flip-Flop Day is the third Friday in June (in 2022, that’s June 17), and Tropical Smoothie celebrates by giving every customer who walks in a free 16 oz. Sunshine Smoothie (reg. $4.10). Just make sure to come in as soon as you can since supplies are limited at each location.
11. Tropical Smoothie charges $3.99 for delivery, but third-party services vary.
Tropical Smoothie offers delivery through their website and app, and their fees are a consistent $3.99. And from time to time they’ll waive the delivery fee through the app.
Here are a few locations that we tested for reference:
- Boise, ID: Uber Eats – $5.99; DoorDash – free delivery on orders over $12; Grubhub – $7.99
- Dallas, TX: Uber Eats – $0.99; DoorDash – $3.99; Grubhub – $3.49
- Baltimore, MD: Uber Eats – $0.99; DoorDash – $2.99; Grubhub – $3.49
If you’re looking for more ways to save using DoorDash, check our ultimate guide to DoorDash coupons and how to use them.
12. You can make the Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie at home.
Making your own Bahama Mama from Tropical Smoothie is super simple, and we found the best recipe for you to try at home.
Just blend these ingredients in a blender:
- 5 oz strawberries
- 2 oz shredded coconut
- 3 oz cubed pineapple
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate
- 1/2 cup of milk
Blend in 1 cup of ice when smooth to thicken the smoothies.
13. The Tropical Smoothie breakfast menu is available all day.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe is one of the only fast-casual chains that offers breakfast all day long. Here are the three items that are on that list:
- All American Wrap, $2.49: eggs, bacon, cheddar, & mozzarella wrapped in a tortilla
- Peanut Butter Banana Crunch Flatbread, $2.99: peanut butter, banana, granola, & honey wrapped in a flatbread
- Southwest Wrap, $2.49: eggs, grilled chicken, pepper jack cheese, tomatoes, spinach, & chipotle mayo wrapped in a tortilla
14. Never order the Tropical Smoothie catering bundles — it’ll cost you 8% more.
There are three catering bundles at Tropical Smoothie: 12 12 oz. smoothies, 12 sandwiches, and 12 wraps. All of them upcharge by 8%, so you’re better off ordering your smoothies, sandwiches, and wraps separately from the bundle.
Here’s how the math plays out:
- Smoothies: Bundle – $39 ($3.25 per smoothie); Individual – $2.85
- Sandwiches: Bundle – $90 ($7.50 per sandwich); Individual – $6.29
- Wraps: Bundle – $90 ($7.50 per sandwich); Individual – $6.29
15. Get Tropical Smoothie’s famous edible straw for free when you order their seasonal smoothies.
Tropical Smoothie has edible straws which are all the rage on social media, and every year, you can get the strawberry-flavored straw for free when you order their Cranberry Truffle (reg. $6.19) or Very Berry Cranberry (reg. $5.79) smoothies and the lime-flavored straw for free when you order the Watermelon Mojito (reg. $6.19) and Mango Berry Cosmo Smoothie (reg. $5.79).
The winter smoothies and straws are only available from mid-November to early February, and the summer smoothies and straws are only available from mid-June to August.
These flavored straws cost $0.99 if you get any other smoothie that season.
16. Order your Tropical Smoothie sandwich or wrap with plant-based protein for $2.
Most Tropical Smoothie sandwiches, wraps, flatbreads, and salads come with grilled chicken as their protein, but if you want a Tropical Smoothie “vegetarian chicken” option, you can order your entree with a plant-based protein for $2.
17. Tropical Smoothie’s only special discount is 20% off for employees.
All employees will get a 20% discount on all food and smoothies, whether you’re on the clock or not.
Unfortunately, Tropical Smoothie doesn’t have a military, student, or teacher discount. But, if you’re looking for military discounts, student discounts, and teacher discounts, we’ve found the best ones that’ll also get you some freebies.
18. There’s not a Tropical Smoothie secret menu, despite what you hear on TikTok.
There are a few different Tropical Smoothie secret menu items floating around on TikTok, but I wasn’t able to order them. (Truth is, most of the people sharing these secret menu items are bored employees.)
When we went in and followed the secret menu instructions, the workers told us that we couldn’t order that way. Same thing happened when we asked for retired menu items.