This comes right on the heels of the McDonald’s Bacon Ranch McCrispy launch on March 12 — and amidst lots of hype surrounding a rumored return of McDonald’s Snack Wraps.
We’ve found everything you should know about the new wrap, including price, ingredients, and savings that you can get. (Plus, we’ve got the skinny on those McDonald’s Snack Wraps.)
There are plenty of Wendy’s menu deals that you can use to save big on your next order.
For more smart shopping tips and savings hacks, text HACKS to 57299.
Wendy’s new Chicken Wrap just launched, and costs $5.99.
The 590-calorie Wendy’s Grilled Chicken Ranch Wrap is a full-size tortilla that is, by default, filled with grilled chicken, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and ranch dressing. But that said, you can customize your wrap (sometimes for an extra fee beyond the $5.99 base price).
Here are the alterations you can make to your wrap:
- Mayonnaise: No Charge
- Tomatoes: No Charge (only available if you ask the cashier in store)
- American Cheese Slice: $0.30
- Asiago Cheese: $0.30
- Muenster Cheese: $0.30
- Extra Cheddar Cheese: $0.20
- Bear Cheese Sauce: $0.40
- Bacon: $0.90
Get the Wendy’s Chicken Wraps to satisfy your hunger for the discontinued McDonald’s Snack Wraps.
The McDonald’s Snack Wraps had chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, mayo, and chicken wrapped in a tortilla. They launched nationwide in 2006 and started disappearing from locations in 2016 before going fully extinct in 2020.
To recreate the McDonald’s Snack Wrap at Wendy’s — the grilled chicken version, anyway — just order the Chicken Wrap with no cheese or ranch dressing and add tomatoes, mayo, and bacon to it for $6.89. Yep, that’s a lot more expensive than the Snack Wrap’s $2 price point, but it’s a LOT more filling.
Note: The original McDonald’s Snack Wrap was about seven inches long and four inches wide, while the new Wendy’s Grilled Chicken Ranch Wrap is about eight inches long and five inches wide.
Don’t expect the Grilled Chicken Wrap to last forever at Wendy’s (and there’s a reason).
One of the biggest reasons McDonald’s decided to do away with the Snack Wrap was that it was hard to make. Like, workers would take twice as long to assemble a Snack Wrap than they did to make a hamburger. And at the $2 price point, it wasn’t worth it to the Golden Arches.
In ordering the Chicken Wrap at Wendy’s, I discovered the same thing — it slowed workers down to fill the wrap, fold it, and then cover it with the wrapper.
Wendy’s has said the Grilled Chicken Wrap is going to be a limited-time menu item, and while we’re not sure how long it’ll be available, don’t expect it to stick around long. Unless popularity and the higher $5.99 price make it worth it to Wendy’s.
Tip: If you still crave a McDonald’s Snack Wrap, they’re still on the menu at locations in Canada and the U.K.
You can still get a $2 chicken wrap — at Taco Bell for $2.
OK, so it’s technically not a wrap; Taco Bell’s Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito is a combination of chicken, ranch, chipotle sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and fiesta strips all wrapped in a tortilla — for only $2. That’s 66.6% cheaper than Wendy’s Chicken Wrap.
Here are a few more chicken wrap alternatives that we’ve found:
- Chick-fil-A Cool Wrap (reg. $8.65): Chicken with lettuce and Monterey Jack & cheddar cheese blend. Rolled in a tortilla.
- Arby’s Crispy Chicken Club Wrap (reg. $6.99): Chicken nuggets, lettuce, honey mustard, bacon, onion, cheddar cheese, and tomatoes wrapped in a tortilla.
- KFC Wraps (reg. $3): Fried chicken, mayo, and pickles wrapped in a tortilla.
Wendy’s also introduced a new Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad for $7.99.
The Wendy’s Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad is a salad with crispy onions, bacon, and grilled chicken. This salad will cost you $7.99, which is the same price as other salads on the Wendy’s menu and has 430 calories without dressing. You can also make additions or subtractions to this salad. Here’s what you’ll be able to do to your salad:
- Onion: No Charge
- Parmesan Crisps: No Charge
- Roasted Pecans: No Charge
- Cheddar Cheese: $0.20
- Blue Cheese: $0.30
- Extra Bacon: $0.60 per strip
Don’t have a Wendy’s near you? Here are some similar salads at other fast-food restaurants:
- Jack-in-the-Box Grilled Chicken Salad (reg. $6.99): Chicken, cheddar cheese, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and croutons
- Panera Bread Cobb Salad (reg. $8.99): Chicken, arugula, kale, romaine, grape tomatoes, onions, avocado, bacon, and a boiled egg
- Zaxby’s Cobb Zalad (reg. $9.69): Chicken, mixed greens, red cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, bacon, hard-boiled egg, fried onions, cheddar and jack cheese
- Chick-fil-A Cobb Salad (reg. $9.95): Chick-fil-A nuggets atop lettuce, corn kernels, Monterey Jack, cheddar cheese, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, and grape tomatoes
Get a discounted Wendy’s gift card to get discounts on your Chicken Wraps.
An easy way to save on all your Wendy’s orders is to pick up a discounted Wendy’s gift card from Raise.com. Discounts go up to 5%, but gift cards tend to go fast, so rush if you see them marked down by 5% or more.
You can also text FOOD to 57299 and be the first to know about the hottest food deals each day.