We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
While Chick-fil-A and Starbucks seem to be piling products onto grocery store shelves lately, Wendy’s is a little slower to enter the field. Back in 2020 the fast food chain did dip their toes in the grocery category with limited-edition Baconator and Spicy Chicken Pringles. A year later the limited-edition Wendy’s Frosty Cereal entered the grocery store chat. But in 2023 they are expanding their product line with canned Wendy’s Chili, set to arrive in grocery stores this summer.
We’ll let you know how you can grab your can soon and what you can expect to pay for the can versus at restaurants.
Looking for more ways to save on your Wendy’s order? Take a look at our ways to get Wendy’s menu deals and text HACKS to 57299 for smart shopping tips and savings hacks.
Wendy’s Chili with Beans has a suggested retail price of $4.99 at grocery stores.
Canned Wendy’s Chili will cost you $4.99 at grocery stores. Each 15 oz can will contain approximately 29 grams of protein and consist of the same ingredients as the chili in the restaurant (beans, beef, tomato).
While Wendy’s hasn’t released a full list of the grocery stores selling the new product, you can expect them to be at most of the major grocery players.
NOTE: Product prices depend on the store you visit, so make sure to check before you head out.
RELATED: The Wendy’s Strawberry Frosty Is Back for a Limited Time
You’ll save 15% by purchasing Wendy’s Chili at grocery stores instead of restaurants.
Wendy’s sells their chili in two sizes — a small, 8 oz container for $3.09, and a large, 12 oz container for $4.19. Here’s how much you’ll be saving when compared to the canned Wendy’s Chili:
- 15 oz can of Wendy’s Chili: $0.33/oz
- 12 oz container of chili: $0.35/oz
- 8 oz container of chili: $0.39/oz
Create your own Wendy’s Chili at home with a copycat recipe.
If you want to save even more on your meal, you can make your own version of Wendy’s Chili at home with this recipe. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 2 stalks of chopped celery
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 3 14 oz cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chile
- 1 cup of water
- 2 1.25 oz packets of chili seasoning
- 1 14 oz can of pinto beans
- 1 14 oz can of kidney beans
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a medium hot pan and brown beef.
- Add celery, onion, and green pepper. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Pour in the cans of stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and water. Break up the stewed tomatoes while stirring.
- Add in chili seasoning and both cans of beans. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, add the white vinegar right before serving.
We’ve got all the copycat recipes to bring the restaurant into your home.