Have questions about shopping at Best Buy? Need all the Best Buy coupons? We’ve got you!
In fact, you’re gonna learn how to shop Best Buy on Black Friday, how to use the Best Buy Trade-In program, how to score the best deals on electronics and when the best time to shop is.
While you’re here, download the KCL app to see more ways you can save.
1. Best Buy Black Friday TV deals are worth your time.
Best Buy Black Friday deals are nothing short of awesome. The deepest savings Best Buy offered on a TV last year was for the Toshiba 43-inch LED 2160p Smart 4K UHD TV with HDR Fire TV for $129.99 (reg. $329.99).
The 61% in savings is significant when you compare it to the typical 25 – 30% savings on Best Buy TVs during Black Friday.
Go into the store and snatch up anything in the 40 – 60% off range.
If you can’t go in the store on Black Friday, you can expect to get 25 – 30% savings on TVs online.
PRO TIP: When you see “Only at Best Buy,” on a TV brand like Toshiba, Samsung or LG, it means the TV was made for Best Buy to sell on Black Friday. These are typically stripped-down versions of more expensive TVs these brands sell.
2. Gather your old electronics now, because Best Buy Trade-In is where it’s at!
Before you replace your old stuff with new, check to see if it’s worth a Best Buy e-gift card.
With Best Buy’s Trade-In program, I got $120 for my old iPad. Not too shabby for something that’s been collecting dust for almost a year!
Take in your old phones, smartwatches, video games, tablets, or send them through the mail — Best Buy will cover the cost of shipping and give you an e-gift card as payment.
3. Shop Best Buy Outlet to get refurbished or previously owned items up to 60% off in-store or online.
This is hands-down the best way to score a discount at Best Buy. Open-box items and Best Buy Outlet items are guaranteed to work properly, are covered under warranty, and can be returned or exchanged.
I found this 43-inch Insignia LED 4K TV for $276 (reg. $399) just because the box was previously opened.
There are 14 physical Best Buy outlet locations, but you can score the best selection online or in store. Many items are in-store pickup only, so check before you purchase.
4. Shop the Best Buy Outlet stores “Over 50% Off” section for gadgets, accessories, remotes and cords.
The “Over 50% off” section has a pretty decent selection of cords, gadgets, remotes and headphones for bargain hunters. You can search for these items when you shop online, too!
I found a Samsung Galaxy 4G phone marked down to $67.99 (reg.$149.99). It’s also an easy place to find gifts like $3.99 earbuds.
Since you can use gift cards in the outlet, it’s a good way to put that Best Buy Trade-In gift card to use as well!
5. Ask for 25% off a floor model TV or kitchen appliance.
Ask for an extra 25% discount when purchasing a floor-model TV. You’ll have better luck if the floor model is already for sale, because it means they’re ready to get that thing outta there.
Start negotiating high at 25%, but know the real discount may be closer to an additional 10% off.
PRO TIP: Stack the discount with a gift card from your Best Buy Trade-In for an even better deal!
6. Take advantage of Best Buy’s price match policy to beat Walmart and Amazon prices.
Does Best Buy price match? You bet. I love Best Buy’s price match policy (just know it doesn’t apply Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday) Not only will Best Buy price match their own online prices, they’ll also price match their biggest competitors, including:
Too lazy to look up prices elsewhere? Same. That’s why I use price comparison apps like ShopSavvy. It looks up who has the best price on whatever you want so you can ask Best Buy to match it (just remember you can’t price match and use a coupon).
PRO TIP: If you’re shopping online, call (888) 237-8289 to request a price match — and be ready to verify the competitor’s price over the phone.
7. Ask for a discount in store if you’re buying accessories with your big-ticket item.
Let’s say you’re buying a camera and the associate shows you all the various lenses, storage bags, tripods and memory cards to go with it.
Once you have a substantial stack of stuff, ask if you can have $100 off if you purchase it all together as a custom bundle (start at $100, and negotiate down from there, depending on your total).
Associates will generally ask a manager for permission if the deal seems reasonable.
You’ll have better luck during the last two days of the month when employees are trying to meet monthly sales quotas, if you’re negotiating on more expensive models or if you find items in an already-open box.
8. The Best Buy employee discount pays 5% above Best Buy’s cost for items.
The Best Buy employee discount is seriously the most awesome one in the industry: Employees’ pay cost plus 5%. “Cost” is what Best Buy pays the manufacturer. Depending on the item, the markup can be significant — think 50% or more!
You won’t be able to get some of your big-ticket items, like Apple, Xbox or most computers, but you’ll get the discount on all accessories and Best Buy brands, like Insignia.
9. Use the Best Buy app to read reviews while shopping in-store.
Most folks rely heavily on online reviews for valid feedback before making a spendy purchase.
The Best Buy app makes it easy to read reviews on whatever you’re looking at in-store or online.
10. Buy a smart printer and get 10% off printer ink with Best Buy’s Easy Replenish program.
Order a smart printer and then sign up for the free Best Buy Easy Replenish program.
The printer will tell you when it’s running low on ink and automatically order more from Best Buy (with a 10% discount and free shipping). Enrollment is free, and you can cancel anytime if you want your printer to stop automatically ordering more.
PRO TIP: If your old printer isn’t up to par then consider trading it in via the Best Buy Trade-In program to earn money toward your new smart printer.
11. Get 2% back on your purchases with the My Best Buy rewards program.
Best Buy’s free rewards program is tiered, so the more you spend in a calendar year, the more points you’ll earn per dollar spent.
To start, you’ll earn a half a point for every dollar you spend, and once you earn 250 points (or spend $500), you can cash them in for a $5 Best Buy coupon. You’ll also get access to exclusive members-only deals.
Spend $1,500 in one calendar year to earn Elite status and start earning one point per dollar spent (earning $5 after spending just $250).
Spend $3,500 in a calendar year and earn 1.25 points per $1 spent; you’ll also earn $5 for every $200 you spend, plus free shipping.
You can also earn points faster by completing product reviews! For every purchased-product review you write, you’ll earn 25 points. You may earn up to 200 points (for up to eight reviews) per calendar year.
12. Shop the Best Buy “Deal of the Day” by following them on Twitter.
Find the Best Buy “Deal of the Day” on the Best Buy Deals Twitter page. You’ll see everything from phones to vacuums to TVs and more.
13. Sign up for emails to get notified of Best Buy Flash Sales.
Best Buy’s 4-, 8-, and 24-hour Flash Sales go quickly, and you’ll miss out if you don’t snag what you want within the allotted time.
14. Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app for the most up-to-date deal scenarios and Best Buy coupons.
If you don’t have time to follow all of Best Buy’s deal pages (who does?), then let us (but download the KCL app first!), We’ll give you all the info in one place so that you never miss a Best Buy coupon, deal or flash sale. Set it up like this:
- Open the app and click the star at the bottom labeled “stores”
- Scroll through until you find Best Buy, then click the gray star next to it
- Whenever you scroll through your news feed on the app you’ll get Best Buy coupons and deals front and center
15. Pick up your Best Buy online orders in store to avoid shipping fees.
Hate paying shipping fees? We do, too. But if your Best Buy online order is under $35 and doesn’t qualify for free shipping, just have it shipped to your local Best Buy to pick it up.
16. Get 2% cash back plus instant cash discounts using Ibotta.
Ibotta isn’t just for groceries, folks! When you make certain purchases, Ibotta credits your account with money back. When you hit $20.00 you can cash out via PayPal, Venmo or Ibotta pay.
Also, new users can get a HUGE bonus just for redeeming their first few offers with Ibotta. Sign up with this Ibotta link to receive up to $20 in bonuses.
When I checked my trusty Ibotta app today, I could score 2% cash back at Best Buy, plus $10 cash back on an HP printer or an August Smart Lock or Doorbell Cam.
17. Get a Best Buy student discount with a valid “.edu” email address.
College students get instant year-round savings with the Best Buy Student Discount. Save $125 on a computer, $60 on a printer or 40% on desktop accessories like a keyboard or a mouse.
Just sign up for student deals while creating a Best Buy account to get extra Best Buy coupons and codes emailed right to you. Or, text STUDENTDEALS to 332211 to get a text to sign up.
18. Use your American Express or Citi credit card points like cash.
Just choose how many points you’d like to apply to your purchase at checkout. Applied points will show up as a credit on your next card statement.
19. Purchase your computer or tablet online to get $50 – $100 off Geek Squad support.
Purchase a non-Apple laptop, desktop computer, or tablet online and get $50-$100 off your Geek Squad support plan. This is like getting a huge Best Buy coupon just for tech support!
20. Price tags with a red bar are temporary markdowns.
These are Limited Time Only, so if you want it, grab it before it’s gone.
21. Shop on Sunday to get the best selection and price.
Flyers with sale prices come out Sunday for Best Buy and their local competitors.
So, not only can you score the best prices and widest selection at Best Buy on Sunday when the sales start, you can ask Best Buy to match any competitor’s sale price too.
22. Stay on point by categorizing gift ideas by price or recipient on BestBuy.com.
As someone with a huge family, I’m constantly buying gifts for people of all ages and interests, which means I’m always searching for gifts within my budget.
Being able to categorize gift ideas based on gender, age, and price makes it easy for me to get something cool while spending what I want. The free two-day shipping (on orders over $35) helps too!
23. Sign up for the Gamer’s Club Unlocked to save 20% on new games.
Anyone with a My Best Buy rewards account gets a Gamer’s Club membership, but serious gamers can pay $30 more to get an upgraded Gamer’s Club Unlocked membership to get two years of the following:
- 20% off new games, and 10% off pre-owned games
- 10% Best Buy trade-in bonus
- Coupons like Buy 2 Get 1 Free on pre-owned games
Buying just five new games within a two-year period (priced at least $30 each before discount) will make the membership price worth it.
And that’s if you don’t take advantage of the rest of those discounts!
Don’t scroll up — here are your links:
- Ways I Use Ibotta to Save an Extra $500 Per Year
- Krazy Coupon Lady Printer Deals Page
- Surprising Places That’ll Give You Money For Your Old Electronics
- Save Hundreds With These Grocery Apps
- Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app