We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Applebee’s is one of the more affordable places to get a steak dinner, but there are so many ways to save even more on your 6 oz. sirloin — along with a free or discounted appetizer.
We’ll show you how to eat good in the neighborhood by finding Applebee’s coupons, taking advantage of Applebee’s specials like the Applebee’s 2 for $22 deal, and how you can get Applebee’s gift cards to get a permanent discount.
1. Download the Applebee’s app to get $5 off a $25 Applebee’s to-go order.
On the Applebee’s app, you can place Applebee’s to-go orders for pickup. Unfortunately, they don’t release any new deals or coupons through the app, but you can get $5 off your $25 order when you enter the code 5OFF25. This coupon will only work once per account.
2. Join the Applebee’s Email Club to get a free appetizer.
No matter what, you should sign up for the Applebee’s Email Club. When you sign up, they’ll send you an Applebee’s coupon for a free appetizer (up to $11.99) with a $15 purchase.
Unfortunately, Applebee’s doesn’t have a rewards program (nor anything valuable on their social media accounts), but we know all the best rewards programs that are worth joining.
3. Get high-value Applebee’s coupons in your inbox about once a month.
Not only will you get a free appetizer when you sign up for the email club, but you’ll also get the best Applebee’s coupons sent directly to your email about once a month.
We’ve seen deals like $10 off a $30 online order or BOGO entrees for $12.49.
4. Applebee’s will give you a free dessert on your birthday.
When you sign up for the Applebee’s Email Club, make sure to enter your birthday, because a free sweet treat will be headed your way. They’ll send you a coupon at the start of your birthday month good for a free dessert (up to a $6.99 value).
That’s just the beginning of all the birthday freebies you can get to celebrate your big day.
5. The king of Applebee’s menu specials is the Applebee’s 2 for $22 deal.
Out of all the Applebee’s deals, the 2 for $22 menu is the best. For just $22, you’ll get your pick of an appetizer and two entrees.
When you use this deal, you’ll save a lot; here’s what you’d normally pay (and how much you save with the 2 for $22 specials):
- Boneless Wings (reg. $11.99) + 2 Fiesta Lime Chickens (reg. $15.99) = $43.97 (49.9% discount)
- Mozzarella Sticks (reg. $9.99) + Classic Cheeseburger (reg. $11.49) + Fiesta Lime Chicken (reg. $15.99) = $37.47 (41.3% discount)
- Spinach Articoke Dip (reg. $9.99) + 2 Classic Cheeseburgers (reg. $11.49) = $32.97 (33.2% discount)
Prices for the Applebee’s 2 for $22 menu depend on your Applebee’s, but you can expect it to range from $20 – $24.
6. Ordering premium items on the Applebee’s 2 for $22 menu will cost more, but still saves you 44%.
If you order the 6 oz. Sirloin (reg. $16.99), Half Rack Double-Glazed Baby Back Ribs (reg. $16.99), or the Three Cheese Chicken Penne (reg. $15.99), it’ll cost you an additional $2.50 ($24.50 total) — which is still a 44.3% discount.
If you order the 8 oz. Sirloin (reg. $18.99) or the Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp (reg. $18.99), it’ll cost you an additional $4.50 (or $26.50), which is still a 44.7% discount.
7. Pay with a discounted Applebee’s gift card and save up to 14%.
You can get a discounted Applebee’s gift card for up to a 14.36% discount on Raise.com. This way, you’ll get a 14.36% discount on all your Applebee’s purchases.
You can also get a 5% discount when you buy your Applebee’s gift card using your Target RedCard (one of the many perks to having a Target Redcard).
Of course, we have so many more gift card hacks you need to be using.
8. Buy a $50 Applebee’s gift card and receive a $10 bonus card during the holidays and in the early summer every year.
Here’s the basic schtick: You buy an Applebee’s gift card during a promotional time, and you’ll receive a second $10 “bonus” gift card to spend after the promotional period is over. That’s a 20% discount for money you’d probably spend at Applebee’s anyway.
Applebee’s offers a bonus gift card deal during the holidays (starts early November), Father’s Day, Graduation, and Mother’s Day.
9. On weekdays, get Applebee’s half-priced apps and more during Applebee’s happy hour.
Applebee’s happy hour is actually a bunch of hours almost every day. It takes place Monday through Friday between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m., and from 9 p.m. to close.
You’ll get appetizers at half price and domestic beers for $3.25 (reg. $6.50), wines for $3.50 (reg. $9.00), and margaritas for $4.00 (reg. $9.00).
10. Check out the new Applebee’s drink specials each month.
Every few months, the Applebee’s drink specials are available for the duration of the month. These will get you huge discounts on specialty cocktails only available during that month. Here’s what we’ve seen in the past:
- March 2022: $5 Pina Coladas and Irish Whisky
- Feb. 2022: $5 Daiquiris and Vodka Lemonade
- Dec. 2021: $5 Vodka Lemonades with Raspberry Twist and Strawberry Margarita
- Oct. 2021: $5 Cranberry Martini and Melon Liquor
Unfortunately, the Applebee’s drink of the month deal that got you $1 cocktails has been discontinued.
11. The cheapest way to get Applebee’s delivery is through Uber Eats.
We checked Applebee’s delivery through DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub, and Uber Eats had the cheapest delivery fee by far. Here’s how the delivery fees were in my area:
12. All Applebee’s delivery from third-party apps will cost 16% more than Applebee’s To Go pickup.
No matter where you get your Applebee’s delivery from — DoorDash, Uber Eats, or Grubhub — the Applebee’s menu prices will increase by 16.6% excluding delivery fees, so if you can order pickup from Applebee’s, you’ll be saving about 16%.
13. Get to Applebee’s early to order off of the Applebee’s breakfast menu.
The Applebee’s breakfast menu is only available at select Applebee’s locations from 7 a.m. to 12 noon. Before you head out, make sure your Applebee’s location has breakfast.
The Applebee’s breakfast menu consists of a variety of salads ranging from $10.29 to $10.69 and breakfast burgers ranging from $8.99 to $11.29.
14. Applebee’s has discounts for seniors, veterans, and students.
The Applebee’s senior discount is available to anyone 60 years or older, and it’ll give you a flat 10 – 15% off your meal depending on your Applebee’s location. All you need to do is show proof of your age to your Applebee’s server, and you’ll get your discount.
The Applebee’s Veterans Day discount gives veterans and those who are currently serving a free entree (up to $16.99) with proof of military service on Veterans Day (Nov. 11).
The Applebee’s student discount is available to students who make an account with BrokeScholar. You can receive a 10% discount for all your Applebee’s purchases this way.
We have plenty of senior discounts, military discounts, student discounts, and teacher discounts that you should know about.
15. Applebee’s employees get half-off food when they are working.
Working at Applebee’s will get you half-off food while you are working. Unfortunately, this doesn’t stack with any of their other promotions or coupons. And we didn’t find evidence of any other discounts for Applebee’s employees.
We also know the best places you should apply if you’re looking for the best employee discounts.