Unsure if you feel like tacos or steak or pasta? Perhaps hankering for $1 margaritas and killer happy hour deals? Applebee’s has your back.
Here’s how to save the most money possible when you eat there.
1. Get free DoorDash delivery every Monday during football season.
This freebie is available in over 500 Applebee’s restaurants nationwide from Sept. 10-Dec. 24.
Get free DoorDash delivery with an order of $25 or more for the first three orders. After that, you’ll need to purchase at least $30 of Applebee’s food in order to get free DoorDash delivery.
2. Join the Applebee’s Email Club and get a free entree on your birthday.
The free entree is definitely a reason to give Applebee’s your email address.
You’ll get a coupon on your birthday and it’s good for 30 days.
3. The best dine-in deal is 2 entrees for $22.
You get two entrees and an appetizer for about $11 each person.
4. Dining solo? Order a 3-Course Meal for $11.99.
If you’re dining alone or you can’t convince a friend to do the 2 for $22 deal with you, order from the $11.99 3-Course Meal menu. It’s about the same value as the 2 for $22 deal.
5. Order Bourbon Street Chicken & Shrimp or Top Sirloin from the 2 for $27 menu.
These two entrees are also offered on the 3-Course Meal menu, but you’ll pay $13.50 each instead of $16.99 each when you order from the 2 for $27 menu.
6. Take advantage of monthly drink deals — like $1 Margaritas and $2 beers.
Applebee’s usually offers a killer monthly drink special (Hellooooo $1 margaritas!).
Here’s what we saw this past year:
- January: $2 Blue Moon beer
- February: $1 Bahama Mama (DollarMama)
- March: $2 Absolut Vodka Lemonade
- April: $1 Margarita (Dollarita)
- May: $2 Dos Equis beer
- June: $1 Long Island Iced Tea
- July: $3 Grey Goose and Cranberry
- August: $1 Strawberry Margarita
- September: $2 Sam Adams draft beer
- October: $1 Zombie Drink (rum with pineapple, cherry and lime flavors)
- November: $1 Long Island Iced Tea
- December: $1 Long Island Iced Tea
7. Buy a $50 gift card and receive a $10 bonus card four times a year.
Here’s the basic schtick: You buy a gift card during a promotional time and you’ll receive a second “bonus” gift card to spend after the promotional period is over.
Applebee’s offers a bonus gift card deal during the holidays (starts early November), Father’s Day, Graduation and Mother’s Day.
8. Jump on To-Go Order Promotions.
These rotate frequently — right now you can get a free $0.99 fountain drink with a to-go order.
But in the past, we’ve seen “Save $10 on a $30 order” or “20% off a $20 order.” These offers usually come with an online promo code you add when you place your online order.
9. Use Applebee’s coupons to get $5 off your first $25 online appetizer order.
You have to opt for Carside Pickup in order to get the discount.
10. Look for ExtraBucks promotions on Applebee’s gift card at CVS.
In the fall, CVS offers ExtraBucks deals when you buy certain gift cards, and Applebee’s is usually on the list.
It’s free money!
Examples we’ve seen:
- Get $10 in ExtraBucks when you spend $50 on select gift cards.
- Get $25 in ExtraBucks when you Spend $75 on select gift cards.
Find out more about how to earn and spend Extrabucks at CVS.
11. Order half-price appetizers instead of dinner during Applebee’s happy hour.
You can get half-price appetizers during Applebees happy hour (from 3-6 p.m. and from 9 p.m.-close) with a beverage purchase. Skip buying entrees and buy wings and mozzarella sticks for dinner instead!
12. Seniors 60 years and older can get a 10-15% senior discount.
Your success may vary with this, but many Applebee’s will give a senior discount if you ask (and are actually a senior)!
13. Pay with a discounted gift card and save up to 14%.
14. Military veterans get a free entree on Veterans Day.
It’s true. Just show proof of military service or show up in your service uniform to get a free meal on Veterans Day.
15. Applebee’s and IHOP are owned by the same franchise: Dine Brands.
Unfortunately, this is where the commonality ends, because neither restaurant will honor the others’ gift cards. But I bet you didn’t know this factoid!