Disney merch is expensive, right? Fortunately, I’ve listed some ways to save money on Disney products, ranging from using rewards points to rummaging through online stores for deals on Disney classic dolls (and a lot more).
Of course, please also bookmark our Disney Deals page so you stay in the know on Disney promos and sales, or download the KCL app to hear about deals and ways to save at your favorite stores everyday.
1. Check the Disney Store’s Special Offers to get BOGO 50% off on authentic items outside a Disney Park.
If you’re looking for “official” Disney Park items and can’t visit the actual park or a Disney Store, visit ShopDisney.com and visit the sale section. The website has hundreds of exclusive items you can only find online or at a Disney Park.
The special offers section offers deals like BOGO 50% off T-shirts, and $3.95 off plush toys when you buy two or more.
PRO TIP: You can find thousands of souvenirs only at Disney Parks, including apparel, collectibles, seasonal items, food and more. Look for items with an “Authentic Original” label, which means it’s exclusive to Disney Parks.
2. Buy Mickey Mouse ears at Kohl’s, Target or Amazon before your Disney vacation to save up to $20 each.
Mickey and Minnie Mouse ears go for $15.00 – $29.99+ inside Disney Parks or on ShopDisney.com. If you want to save between $4 – $16, buy them online from Kohl’s, Target, or Amazon before your trip.
- Kohl’s: Disney’s Minnie Mouse Classic Headband: $11.20
- Target: Disney Mickey Mouse Headband: $12.99
- Amazon: Disney Minnie Mouse Headband: $13.72
3. Save up to 75% purchasing Disney merch from Walmart.
Walmart offers Disney-branded clothing for up to 75% less than ShopDisney or Disney Store locations. While Walmart’s apparel may cost less, items are made specifically for Walmart, so they may also be lower quality. But, who cares when your kids will either outgrow it in a few months, or stain it within hours? You can find stuff a lot cheaper, like:
- Girls’ Disney Minnie Mouse shirts for $9.99
- Boys’ Disney Toy Story shirts for $7.00
- Girls’ Frozen Dresses for $14.96
To compare, one girls’ T-shirt from ShopDisney.com will cost at least $16.99 – $18.99.
4. Order Disney Princess dolls from Amazon Prime to save $5.95 in Disney Store shipping.
The Disney Store has no free shipping threshold option, meaning no matter how much you spend, you’ll still pay at least $5.95 for shipping.
Amazon carries official Disney-branded clothing, accessories and toys that all qualify for free two-day shipping with your Amazon Prime membership. Plus, prices are the same or better than ShopDisney.com.
Charlotte Classic Doll,The Princess and the Frog, 11-inch Doll:
Classic Elsa 11-inch Doll with Ring:
Wendy Classic Doll – Peter Pan – 11- and 10-inch:
5. Use your JCPenney Rewards to purchase official Disney Store toys.
The Disney Store partners with JCPenney to offer some of the same toys, clothes and prices you’d find at the Disney Store. Which means if you don’t have a Disney Store in your area (Idaho, we’re looking at you!), you can hit up JCPenney instead. You can use your JCPenney Rewards to pay, plus, get free same-day pickup on in-stock items.
6. Use your Old Navy Super Cash to buy Disney apparel.
Old Navy lets you buy Disney apparel with your Old Navy Super Cash. You can get up to 50% off, on top of Old Navy’s sale prices — which means you can get everyone shirts before your Disney vacation for under $20.
- Disney Mickey Unisex Tee for Toddlers: $12.99
- Disney Minnie Mouse Pullover Sweatshirt for Toddler Girls (currently out of stock): $15
- Disney Mickey Mouse Gender-Neutral Tee for Men & Women: $10
7. Wait for Kohl’s Jumping Beans Disney line to go on clearance.
The catch? Retail prices are almost as high as the Disney Store, ranging from $10 – $22 for a shirt. But, if you wait until it goes on clearance, you can find Disney apparel for under $10, and stack with current coupon codes for more savings. Otherwise, don’t bother.
- Disney’s Minnie Mouse Toddler Girl Fleece Zip-Up Hoodie: $8.99 on clearance (reg. $18)
- Disney’s Mickey Mouse Graphic Tee: $5.99 on clearance (reg. $14)
- Disney’s Frozen Elsa Toddler Girl Leggings: $4.99 on clearance (reg. $12.99)
RELATED: Genius Kohl’s Shopping Hacks
8. Get up to 75% off Disney Park merchandise at a Disney Store outlet.
Ever wondered where Disney Park merchandise goes once it ends its run in the store? Select items are distributed across the country to Disney Outlet Stores, but most of the merchandise is sent to the two Disney’s Character Warehouse stores in Orlando, Florida.
Disney Outlet prices will be up to 50% cheaper than the Disney Store, but check the clearance section first for up to 75% off. Like other outlet stores, Disney Outlets have their own products made specifically for the outlet, mixed with items that came directly from the Disney Park or Disney Store.
You can’t shop these outlets online, but you can buy your souvenirs here instead of inside Disney World to save some cash.
9. “Unlock the Magic” and get a keepsake key when you help open your Disney Store.
Be the first person in line when your Disney Store location opens each morning. A Cast Member will let you (or your child) be in charge of “unlocking the magic.”
Use a giant key to “unlock” the giant lock in front of the doors, which triggers a digital fireworks show on the ceiling of the store. Plus, you get a free keepsake key!
10. Disney Store employees get four free Disney Park passes every year.
Work as a Disney Cast Member at a Disney Store for at least 60 days, and get two free tickets to Disney Parks twice a year. Cast Members also get 20% off Disney merchandise and 40 – 60% off Disney resorts and hotels.
11. Get a $100 credit with the Disney Visa credit card after your first purchase.
Chase Disney Premier Visa cardholders get 10% off at the Disney Store and ShopDisney.com, as well as card member exclusives like character photo opps and Disney Park events.
You can also earn 2% back in Disney Rewards Dollars on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations, plus 1% back on all your other purchases. Not a bad deal if you’re a Disney fanatic!
12. Get up to 60% off during the Disney Store’s semi-annual Twice Upon a Year Sale.
The best time to shop Disney is during the semi-annual Twice Upon a Year Sale, which usually starts at the end of May (but happened in Aug. of 2020) and the day after Christmas (Dec. 26) and lasts for two weeks. You get up to 60% off retail prices in-store and at ShopDisney.com.
It’s the best discount of the year, so wait out the Black Friday sales at the Disney Store, and buy during the Twice Upon a Year Sale instead.
13. Sign up for the Disney+, ESPN+, and HULU bundle for $12.99 a month.
Sign up now for the Disney bundle and you’ll save 25% on what would normally cost $17 a month (or $5 in savings). If you just want Disney+, that works, too, for $6.99 a month.
14. Get four Disney movies for just $1 each when you join the Disney Movie Club.
Get four of Disney’s most popular movies for just $1 (plus free shipping) when you join the Disney Movie Club.
Then, every four weeks you’ll get an email letting you know which movie will be available that month, including classics from Disney, Pixar and Marvel. You can skip any movie you want, but you can’t cancel your club membership until you buy at least five movies at regular price (starting at $19.95). If you cancel too soon, you’ll get charged the full cost of your introductory movies.
15. Use your RedCard to save 5% on Disney gift cards from Target.
Purchase the gift cards with your RedCard and use them at ShopDisney.com, any Disney Store location, or inside Disney Parks to buy food, souvenirs, or anything else you have your eye on.
16. Get free Disney printables and games on the Disney Channel website.
If you’re looking for free Disney entertainment, just hop on the Disney Channel website for character-themed games like Cars Lightning League.
Don’t scroll up — we’ve got your related links right here:
- How I Flew My Whole Family to Disney for Free (Twice!)
- Genius Kohl’s Shopping Hacks
- Disney Starts Selling Them Park Merch Online: Our 30 Faves Under $30
- Grocery Cash-Back Credit Cards That’ll Save You Hundreds
- Tips to Do a Disney Vacation on a Budget