We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Target is prepping for the spooky season and we’re thrilled about all the new Halloween costumes in 2023. We’re seeing baby, toddler, kids, and adult sizes per usual, plus new adaptive Halloween costumes for a more accessible fit.
Even though Target drops new costumes online way before the trick-or-treat holiday, we expect the best Halloween deals on costumes to hit in mid-September. Between Target Circle offers, BOGO sales, and your 5% RedCard discount, the savings can really add up. And don’t forget to hit the Target clearance section after Halloween to save 50% – 70% on items for next year.
Target’s regular prices for Halloween costumes typically range from $10 – $60, but with a few tricks, you’ll score bigger treats and lower prices on whichever costumes you’re grabbing this year. Whether you’re looking for something scary or sweet, Target has the goods you need to score stellar costumes in 2023.
Top Halloween Costume Deals at Target — 30% off through Oct. 7:
Target Baby Halloween Costumes – 30% Off
Superheroes, princesses, and pumpkins, oh my! These loving little baby Halloween costumes start as low as $23.75 when you pay with your RedCard.
1. Baby Wonder Woman Halloween Costume
2. Baby Disney Cinderella Halloween Costume
3. Baby Pumpkin Halloween Costume
4. Baby Shark Halloween Costume
5. Baby Cocomelon Halloween Costume
6. Baby Batman Halloween Costume
Target Kids Halloween Costumes – 30% Off
You shop a variety of toddler Halloween costumes and kids’ Halloween costumes on Target.com right now. Prices start at $15 (or $14.25 with your RedCard). We found police officers, doctors, Disney characters, and more.
7. Kids’ Referee Halloween Costume
8. Kids’ Police Halloween Costume
9. Toddler Disney Mickey Mouse & Friends Halloween Costume
10. Toddler Shark Halloween Costume
Target Adult Halloween Costumes – 30% Off
Whether you’re going for funny, scary, simple, or cute, Target has a huge variety of adult costumes to choose from. These prices are much lower than what you’ll find at seasonal Halloween stores, even without a sale or a discount.
11. Adult Velvet Black Halloween Costume Cape
12. Adult Hamburger Halloween Costume
13. Adult Oversize Lion Halloween Costume
14. Adult Oversize Sloth Halloween Costume
15. Adult Harry Potter Hogwarts Halloween Costume
16. Adult Blue Shark Halloween Costume
17. Adult Mustard Halloween Costume
18. Adult Mummy Halloween Costume
19. Adult Corn on the Cob Halloween Costume
Disney Halloween Costumes
20. Disney’s The Little Mermaid Ariel Halloween Costume
21. Disney Frozen Elsa Dress Halloween Costume
22. Doc McStuffins Halloween Costume
23. Disney Encanto Mirabel Madrigal Halloween Costume
24. Disney Princess Rapunzel Halloween Costume
25. Disney Princess Belle Halloween Costume
1. Target Halloween costumes start going on sale in mid-September.
You can check out current-year Halloween costumes online in mid-July, but you won’t find deals worth snagging until around mid-September. That’s when you’re most likely to see 20% – 40% off costumes and accessories at Target.
There are three main deals to look for on Target Halloween costumes: Circle offers, BOGO 50% off sales, and one-day-only sales for 30% – 40% off.
For the last two years, Target dropped all three deals in either September or October, with the first deals rolling in sometime around Sept. 15 – 18.
2. Look for a one-day-only sale on Target Halloween costumes in either September or October.
This is one of those deals we’ve seen at Target for the last two years, but the 2021 date was far earlier than the 2022 date. And the discount varied by 10%.
Here’s how the one-day-only sale at Target looked in 2022 vs. 2021:
- 2022: 30% off Halloween Costumes (Oct. 14)
- 2021: 40% off Halloween Costumes (Sep. 21)
We’re crossing our fingers for a 40% off comeback in 2023, but we’ll settle for 30%.
3. Save up to 20% on Halloween costumes with Target Circle offers.
Separate from the one-day-only sale, you’ll find a few Target Circle offers on Halloween costumes and accessories. Based on what we’ve seen in the past, this is one of the first costume deals Target will drop ahead of Halloween.
Last year, there were four different Target Circle offers on Halloween costumes:
- 20% off Halloween Costumes & Accessories (Sep. 18, 2022)
- 20% off Matching Family Halloween Pajamas (Sep. 25, 2022)
- 10% off Pet Halloween Costumes, Accessories & Treats (Sep. 25, 2022)
- 20% off Pet Halloween Costumes (Oct. 9, 2022)
TIP: Don’t forget to save all your Circle offers to your Target account before you shop. You can do this online or in the Target app.
4. Wait for a BOGO 50% off sale to grab multiple Halloween costumes at once.
We usually see this Target deal in early October, and it’s a great way to save on costumes if you’re planning to buy more than one.
Each year, Target drops a BOGO 50% off sale on Halloween costumes in their weekly ad, which comes out every Sunday. These deals run for a week (through Saturday) but we don’t recommend waiting — you’ll get the best selection of costumes if you shop as soon as the sale hits.
Target ran this sale on the first Sunday of October for the last two years. If the pattern holds, you can expect the BOGO 50% off sale to drop on Sunday, Oct. 1, 2023.
5. Buy Target-brand Halloween costumes and return them up to a year later.
Target’s return policy has no tricks, just treats — especially when it comes to returning Target-owned brands.
Why this matters: you’ll find some of the lowest prices on costumes from Target’s own Halloween brand, aka Hyde & EEK! Boutique. Their costume selection is huge and deals are frequent. And the best part is, you can return Hyde & EEK! Boutique costumes for a full refund up to 365 days later. Or, exchange them for new costumes to wear in 2024.
Just be sure to hold onto your receipt or some sort of proof of purchase. Also, Target has been known to accept clothing returns with wear and tear, but it’s not a guarantee and may depend on your store manager. The better the condition you keep your costumes in, the more likely they’ll be accepted when you return them a year later.
6. Shop for costumes right before Halloween and request a price match when they go on sale after.
Don’t dismiss the Target price match policy when shopping for Halloween costumes. If you find a lower price on the exact same item within 14 days of your purchase, you can request a price match and get refunded the difference.
The day after Halloween, Target immediately marks down Halloween costumes by 50%. So, if you buy costumes from Target a week before Halloween and request a price match as soon as the sale prices start, you’ll score big savings in the end.
7. Save an extra 5% on costumes when you pay with your RedCard.
If you shop at Target regularly without a RedCard, you’re missing out! As a cardholder, you get an extra 5% off your Target purchases, plus free shipping with no minimums and more time to make returns. It’s another free and easy way to sweeten the deal every time you shop.
TIP: Don’t want to sign up for a RedCard? You’ll still earn 1% back on your purchases as a Target Circle member!
8. Head to Target the day after Halloween to stock up on half-priced costumes for next year.
Save yourself the stress of shopping for costumes next year and hit up Target’s Halloween clearance deals for huge savings.
Starting Nov. 1 (aka the day after Halloween), Target stores mark down any remaining Halloween items by 50%. But because these deals are so hot, costumes are usually cleared out within the first 48 hours. If you want a shot at the best selection, set your alarm early and get to the store as soon as it opens the day after Halloween.
Target Halloween clearance jumps to 70% off about three or four days after that, but it’s rare you’ll still see costumes left on the hangers by then. Even so, it’s a great opportunity to score deep discounts on decor, accessories, shirts, pajamas, and other Halloween knick-knacks.