We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Urban Outfitters’ student discount program ended on March 9, 2019, which is surprising considering competitors like American Eagle, Anthropologie, and Hollister still offer a 10% student discount.
While students don’t get a special 10% discount at Urban Outfitters anymore, we did find a few other ways to save that can earn you an even bigger discount.
The best part? Everyone can get these Urban Outfitter discounts 一 not just students!
If you like to save (and really 一 who doesn’t?) then don’t forget to download The Krazy Coupon Lady app to ensure you never spend more than you should.
1. Join UO Rewards to earn easy discounts at Urban Outfitters.
UO Rewards, the Urban Outfitters’ loyalty club, is free to join, and anyone is eligible.
Once you’re a member, you’ll earn one point for every dollar you spend. Then you’ll get $5 off for every 100 points you earn.
Now I know what you’re thinking 一 I have to spend $100 to get $5 off? No!
You can actually earn significant points outside of your purchases. Here’s how many extra points you can rack up as a member:
- 75 points just for joining UO Rewards
- 50 points when you download the Urban Outfitters app (iOS / Android)
- 50 points when you subscribe to their emails
- 50 (yes 50!) points when you bring your own bag to shop in store
- 30 points to enable push notifications from their app
- 25 points when you make any purchase
- 10 points when you shop their Urban Renewal brand
- 10 points to shop for jeans
- 5 points to write a review (up to 10x a month)
- 2 points when you enter a giveaway
- 1 point just to browse the Urban Outfitters website or app (up to 10x a month)
TIP: Pass this guide along to anyone who’s still mourning the loss of the Urban Outfitters’ student discount program, along with our list of the best current student discounts.
2. Get a 10% discount when you join UO Rewards.
In addition to earning all those money-saving points, a 10% promo code will get delivered to your inbox after you first sign up for UO Rewards.
The discount can be used once and doesn’t count toward shipping fees. Free shipping unlocks with a $75 minimum purchase.
3. Ask a friend to share their 40% employee discount at Urban Outfitters.
Offer to make them cookies or a cake or whatever you must do to get your Urban Outfitters employee friend to agree to share because their employee discount is epic.
Employees (part- or full-time) get 40% off merchandise, 25% off home furnishings, 75% off a Nuuly subscription, and even a special 20% dining discount at select restaurants.
Significant others and direct family members of Urban Outfitters employees get the “Eligible User” discount, which equals 25% off all regularly priced merchandise, too.
4. Pre-buy discounted gift cards to use at Urban Outfitters.
Sites like Raise.com and CardBear.com sell gift cards at a discounted price. Depending on supply and demand at the time you make a purchase, you could score up to 33% off Urban Outfitters gift cards!
Your best time to buy them will be shortly after the holidays, when people sell gift cards they were gifted but don’t actually want.
Related: Find out more of our favorite gift card hacks.
5. Nope, Urban Outfitters doesn’t do special discounts for members of the military or healthcare workers, either.
In fact, there isn’t a single microcommunity that gets a special discount at Urban Outfitters, other than Urban Outfitters employees and their families.
But with all these other ways to save, you’ll more than make up the difference.
TIP: I contacted the Urban Outfitters’ corporate office to ask about their lack of student discount. In response, they emailed me a 15% off promo code! I can’t promise this will work for everyone who tries it, but it may be worth a shot.