We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Earlier this week, Dole made an announcement that’s going to excite Disney fans everywhere! Everyone’s favorite chilly soft-serve treat will be available in the ice cream aisle at grocery stores nationwide. Dole Whip, a frozen dessert that has become an iconic symbol of Disney theme parks globally, is essentially a pineapple juice-based non-dairy soft serve. It offers a velvety texture and serves as an ideal reward after spending a long day in the park’s queues. Originating at Disneyland during the 1980s, the original recipe of Dole Whip gradually expanded to other Disney parks and has since gained an enormous fan following.
But this year Dole Whip die-hards can skip the lines at Disney (and the hefty $6.49 price tag!) and snag this frozen sweet at their local grocery store. So far, we don’t know which lucky grocery retailers will carry Dole Whip or how much it will cost (though we think it will cost less than Disney!). Here’s everything we do know so far.
Dole Whip in grocery stores will be available in three flavors options.
Introduced in 1984, Dole Whip originally came in the pineapple flavor, soon followed by strawberry and orange. Since then, Cherry, Mango, Lemon, Watermelon, Raspberry, and Lime have all been introduced. The grocery store lineup will consist of three favorites: Pineapple, Mango, and Strawberry.
As far as we know, this launch has nothing to do with Disney. Dole Whip is owned by Kent Precision Food Group, and we’ve seen it available at other theme parks as well as some local ice cream shops. But this is the first time we’re seeing it readily available nationwide.
You can expect to stock your freezers later this year.
According to an official announcement from Dole, no exact date for the launch has been shared. But Dole has said both “soon” and “later this year,” and we’re hoping to see it hit shelves as the weather starts warming up for spring.
Dole also announced the arrival of 11 new snacks and beverages.
Along with the announcement of Dole Whip in grocery stores, Dole is also introducing 11 new products for consumers to enjoy this year. Here are the ones they’ve highlighted so far.
- Good Crunch™: Sustainably produced dehydrated pineapple and banana bites.
- Dole Wiggles™ Fruit Juice Gels: Fruit bites made with 100% fruit juice.
- Light Pineapple Juice Drink: Pineapple juice with 60% less sugar than its 100% juice counterpart.
- Pineapple Mango Juice: A blend of Dole’s pineapple juice along with sweet mango.
- Digestive Bliss™ Fruit Juice Drink: A 50% juice drink with plant-based macronutrients to support gut health.
- Boosted Blends™ Smoothies: A relaunch with more added protein and energy.
- Smoothie Bowls™: Fruit bowls featuring flavors like mangosteen, strawberry, and aronia.
- Acai Bowls: A relaunch of this frozen health favorite.
- Secret Nature of Fruit® Chews: A functional fruit-powered vitamin chew.
- Secret Nature of Fruit® Sodas: Varieties of probiotic sodas.
Make your own Dole Whip for $1.58 per serving.
If you can’t wait for this treat to land in your grocery store’s freezer, you can make it at home with this Dole Whip Copycat Recipe. At just $1.58 per serving, and easy enough for kids to help make, it’s one of our favorite copycat recipes. Not sure yet how our homemade version will compare to Dole’s store-bought version, but time will tell!