For travel novices, these Internet deals are last-minute airfare specials offered each Tuesday for travel on the upcoming weekend. Most fares are non-refundable and must be purchased immediately, but these specials often represent significant savings over advance purchase fares.
United Airlines – Dozens of Internet specials this week, mostly to or from their hubs in Houston, Newark, Chicago, Cleveland and Denver. Purchase before 11:59 p.m. (EDT) August 24. Departures after 7 p.m. on August 24 or anytime August 25 and return on Monday, August 27 or Tuesday, August 28. Taxes and airport fees are additional. This week's fares include:
- Chicago to Knoxville – $161
- Cleveland to Montreal – $240
- Denver to Calgary, Alberta, Canada – $356
- Denver to St. Louis – $271
- Houston to Savannah – $270
- Los Angeles to Salt Lake City – $221
- Newark to Quebec City, Quebec – $240
US Airways – Purchase E-saver fares by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on August 25 for travel departing August 25 and returning August 28. Taxes and fees are additional. The best round-trip fares:
- Charlotte to Charleston, WV – $200
- Greensboro, NC to Washington, DC – $230
- Huntsville, AL to Washington, DC – $250
- Las Vegas to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – $459
Delta Airlines Web Deals – Purchase Delta Web deals by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on August 25 for travel departing anytime August 25 and returning on August 27 or August 28. Highlights include:
- Atlanta to Houston – $220
- Indianapolis to Boston – $240
- Columbus, OH to New York/LaGuardia Airport – $200
- Houston to New York/LaGuardia Airport – $280
- Minneapolis to New Orleans – $240
American Airlines Net Fares – There are no American net fare specials for either this weekend or next weekend.
Remember there are a limited number of seats available for these airfares and they may sell out at any time. Read the fine print before you purchase.