Six Flags, the world’s largest amusement park company, operates 14 parks throughout North America. From Texas to Montreal to California, Six Flags parks welcomed more than 23 million guests in 2011. If your family enjoys amusement parks, you know that admission prices can be expensive, especially for a family. However, like most things on KCL, you don’t have to pay full price. Here are a few tips on beating the high price of admission at Six Flags parks this summer: (Please note: ticket prices, discounts, and policies vary somewhat from park to park.)
1. Buy your tickets online. You can save up to $20 per person at most parks if you purchase your tickets online no later than April 29, 2012. Lesser discounts are offered for online purchases after that date.
2. Use your Discover Card. Buy your park tickets online using your Discover Card and save an additional 5 percent off of the already-discounted online ticket price. It’s like stacking coupons at the grocery store.
3. Buy your tickets in advance. Some of the Six Flag parks, including Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in northern California, offer discounts of up to $20 per person if you buy your tickets at least three days in advance. It pays to plan ahead.
4. Visit Coupon Sites. In past seasons, coupons for dollars off Six Flags admission have popped up for a limited time on coupon sites like Coupons.com. Although there haven’t been any such offers yet for the 2012 season, it pays to keep an eye on these sites. When they appear, these coupons generally aren’t available for long.
5. Take a group. Six Flags offers discounts of up to 50 percent off for groups of 15 people or more. Maybe it’s time to invite the neighbors or organize a work or church outing?
6. Get lucky. I know it’s a long shot, but you might just get lucky by entering the Six Flags sweepstakes. Sign up for their newsletter and you’re automatically entered to win two tickets to the Six Flags park of your choice.
7. Be a AAA member. The American Automobile Association (AAA) offers members discounts on Six Flags admission. You purchase and print the tickets at home. Follow this link for more information.
Six Flags parks in the United States include:
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (near San Francisco)
- Six Flags Magic Mountain in Los Angeles
- Six Flags over Texas (near Dallas)
- Six Flags San Antonio
- Six Flags St. Louis
- Six Flags over Georgia in Atlanta
- Six Flags Great America (near Chicago)
- Six Flags America (near Washington D.C.)
- Six Flags New England (in central Massachusetts)