7 Sephora Black Friday Tips to Load You Up on Makeup
Sephora Black Friday is a great time to stock up on makeup and skin care products for the year. Expect to see deep discounts on brands like Clinique, Smashbox, TooFaced, Lancome, Benefit, and a whole lot more.
Use these tips to save more money during the Sephora Black Friday sale:
- Get Sephora beauty offers when you sign up for emails or visit their homepage.
- Always look for makeup and skincare sets that pack in more value for less money — sets include full-size products as well as deluxe samplers.
- Make sure you sign up for Sephora’s Beauty Insider Rewards to get all kinds of perks, like extra savings and points that can be applied to prestige brands.
Text BLACKFRIDAY to 57299 and receive real-time text alerts when Black Friday deals go live.
1. Will Sephora be closed on Thanksgiving 2022?
Yes, I predict Sephora will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. In the past, Sephora has opened at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving, but in 2021, this wasn’t the case. Instead, they were closed completely, although you could shop online. With other stores like Target closing on Thanksgiving two years in a row, I expect Sephora will be closed on turkey day in 2022 as well.
2. What time does Sephora open on Black Friday?
Never fear, Sephora Black Friday deals in the store start early — sometimes as early as 6 a.m. Hours vary by location — and deals are available online starting at 12:01 ET on Black Friday.
3. Expect the Sephora Black Friday ad preview to drop on Nov. 17, 2022.
In 2021, the Sephora Black Friday ad preview showed up the Thursday before Thanksgiving, with tons of deals on prestige and non-prestige brands. We expect them to follow the same pattern this year, with the sneak preview ad drop happening on Nov. 17. You’ll need to have the Sephora app (iOS / Android) in order to get the sneak peek on this date.
4. Look for Sephora to offer free shipping with code FREESHIP.
Historically, Sephora hasn’t offered free shipping without a minimum purchase on Black Friday. But in 2021, you could use code FREESHIP to get free shipping on your Sephora.com Black Friday order. This code was good well beyond Black Friday too. It didn’t expire until Dec. 31! We expect to see a repeat of this in 2022.
Remember, Beauty Insiders (anyone who signs up) will get free shipping on orders of $50 or more, VIBs (must spend at least $350 per year) get free shipping on orders of $35 or more, and Rouge members (must spend at least $1,000 per year) always get free shipping with no minimums.
5. Plan on saving 50% on select makeup and skincare products.
In 2021, we saw half-off savings on tons of brands. You didn’t need coupons or anything, and the discount was taken at the register. Check it out:
- Huda Beauty Mercury Retrograde Palette (reg. $67) $33.50, sale price
- Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover (reg. $21) $10.50, sale price
- Lancome Monsieur Big Mascaras (reg. $26) $13, sale price
- Too Faced Teddy Bare It All Eyeshadow Palette (reg. $45) $22.50, sale price
- Bumble and bumble Sunday Clarifying Shampoo (reg. $27) $13.50, sale price
6. Get a bag of free samples on Sephora Cyber Monday week.
During Cyber week, Sephora offered Beauty Insider members the option to add a bag of trial-size samples of various products to any $85 purchase. You just had to enter code OMGSAMPLES at checkout and then choose from one of four options.
7. Don’t want to wait for Sephora Black Friday? Watch for gift set deals all year long.
Sephora is notorious for offering hot gift set deals like $41 worth of full- and trial-size samples for $8. A Sephora sale gift set might include a hair mask, a perfume sample, mascara, primer, and more.
Sephora Return PolicySo that new lipstick hue you bought online at Sephora is horrendous in real life, and now you want to know what the Sephora return policy has to say about it. We gotchu. From what you can't return to whether or not you'll be reimbursed for shipping fees, here's what you need to know about the Sephora return policy.