Target is one of our favorite places to shop and score awesome deals, but some things you can find at Dollar Tree for less than half the price.
1. Plastic Woven Basket
If you’re looking for a small storage basket to organize your crafts, I suggest picking up one at Dollar Tree. The Dollar Tree cost is 25% less than a comparable basket from Target.
- Target: Y-Weave Small Storage Bin by Room Essentials – $3.99
- Dollar Tree: Plastic Woven-Look Storage Basket by Essentials – $1.00
2. Plastic Book Bins
Target’s book bins are a bit wider than Dollar Tree’s, but they’re also $1.65 more. If you need taller bins, try these larger ones from Target.
- Target: Small Book Bin by Storex 6 count – $15.89 ($2.65 each)
- Dollar Tree: Colorful Plastic Book Bins by Teaching Tree – $1.00 each
3. Storage tray with 3 compartments
These two trays are basically identical. Get the one from Dollar Tree if you’re wanting something basic since it’s cheaper and about the same quality.
- Target: 3 Compartment Drawer Organizer Tray by Room Essentials – $3.49
- Dollar Tree: Clear Plastic 3-Compartment Storage Trays – $1.00
4. Daily pill organizer
Find pill organizers at Dollar Tree to use for packing your earrings. They work just as well as the Target ones but are way less expensive.
- Target: Push Button Pill Planner by Up&Up – $4.79
- Dollar Tree: Round Weekly Plastic Pill Organizer by Assured – $1.00
5. Three-ring binder
If you need more than three color options, I suggest buying these at Target; otherwise, you’ll save $2.59 per binder by picking these up at Dollar Tree.
- Target: 1″ 3-Ring Binder Clear View by Up&Up – $3.59
- Dollar Tree: Vinyl 3-Ring Binder, 1 in. – $1.00
6. Stacking bins
Buy Dollar Tree stacking bins — as long as you’re okay with bright colors. If you need something a bit more subtle, head to Target where you can get them in black or grey.
- Target: Medium Stacking Bin by IRIS 8 count – $22.99 ($2.87/bin)
- Dollar Tree: Stack & Nest Plastic Bins – $1.00
7. Over-the-door hooks
You 100% should be getting these at Dollar Tree. If not, you’re going to spend 93% more at Target to get a very similar product.
Some reviews showed concerns for the ability of the rack to hold up heavier items, while others said they had no problems with it. The Target hooks claim to hold up to 15 pounds.
- Target: Dolen Over-the-Door Hook Rail by Room Essentials – $13.99
- Dollar Tree: 6-Hook Over-the-Door Metal Rack – $1.00
8. Mason jars
Mason jars make great containers to hold things like cotton balls, muffin cups or even loose change. Get them at Dollar Tree so you can get a dozen for $9.39 less than you would spend at Target.
- Target: 16 ounce Glass Mason Jar with Lid and Band by Bell, 12 count – $12.39 ($1.03/jar)
- Dollar Tree: 16 ounce Clear Glass Canning Jar with Metal Lids, 4 count – $1.00 ($0.25/jar)
9. Storage cubes
If you’re looking for a basic storage cube, I suggest buying them at Dollar Tree. They’re simple but efficient and work just as well as the Target ones.
- Target: Fabric Cube Storage Bin 11 inches by Room Essentials – $4.99
- Dollar Tree: Gray Collapsible Storage Container with Handles by Essentials – $1.00
10. Vacuum storage bags
These are so handy for storing bulky sweaters and bedding. Buy them at Dollar Tree to save 85% per bag.
- Target: Compression Bags 3 Bag Combo Clear by Room Essentials – $19.99 ($6.66/bag)
- Dollar Tree: Large Vacuum Storage Bags – $1.00