Target is one of our favorite places to shop and score awesome deals, but some things you can find at Dollar Tree for less than half the price.
Be sure to download the KCL app for money-saving deals, tips, and coupons.
1. Plastic Woven Basket
If you’re looking for a small storage basket to organize your crafts, I suggest picking up one at Dollar Tree. The Dollar Tree cost is 25% less than a comparable basket from Target.
- Target: Y-Weave Small Storage Bin by Room Essentials – $3.99 each
- Dollar Tree: Plastic Woven-Look Storage Basket by Essentials – $1 each
2. Plastic Book Bins
Target’s book bins are a bit wider than Dollar Tree’s, but they’re also $1.87 more.
- Target: IRIS Connecting Plastic Storage Bins – 8 pack – $22.99 ($2.87 each)
- Dollar Tree: Colorful Plastic Book Bins by Teaching Tree – $1 each
3. Storage tray with three compartments
These inexpensive trays can help you quickly organize any drawer and you save a buck when you grab them at Dollar Tree.
- Target: Compartment Drawer Organizer Tray by Room Essentials 3-pack – $2
- Dollar Tree: Plastic 3-Compartment Storage Trays – $1 each
4. Daily pill organizer
Find pill organizers at Dollar Tree to use for packing your earrings. They work just as well as the Target ones but are way less expensive.
- Target: Push Button Pill Planner by Up&Up – $4.99 each
- Dollar Tree: 7-Day Plastic Pill Organizer by Assured – $1 each
5. Three-ring binder
If you need more than three color options, I suggest buying these at Target; otherwise, you’ll save $2.49 per binder by picking these up at Dollar Tree.
- Target: 1-inch 3-Ring Binder Clear View by Up&Up – $3.49 each
- Dollar Tree: 1-inch Vinyl 3-Ring Binder – $1 each
6. Over-the-door hooks
You 100% should be getting these at Dollar Tree. If not, you’re going to spend $15 more at Target to get a very similar product.
Some reviews showed concerns for the ability of the rack to hold up heavier items, while others said they had no problems with it. The Target hooks claim to hold up to 15 pounds.
- Target: Dolen Over-the-Door Hook Rail by Room Essentials – $16 each
- Dollar Tree: 6-Hook Over-the-Door Metal Rack – $1 each
7. Mason jars
Mason jars make great containers to hold things like cotton balls, muffin cups, or even loose change. Although Target’s price is $0.08 cheaper a jar if you buy all your organizational goodies at Dollar Tree you will save enough to make up the dollar difference.
- Target: 16-ounce Glass Mason Jar with Lid and Band by Bell, 12 count – $10.99 ($0.92 a jar)
- Dollar Tree: 16-ounce Clear Glass Canning Jar with Metal Lids, 12 count – $12 ($1 a jar)
8. Storage cubes
If you’re looking for a basic storage cube, I suggest buying them at Dollar Tree. They’re simple but efficient and work just as well as the Target ones.
- Target: 11-inch Fabric Cube Storage Bin by Room Essentials – $4 each
- Dollar Tree: Gray Collapsible Storage Container with Handles by Essentials – $1 each
9. Vacuum storage bags
These are so handy for storing bulky sweaters and bedding. Buy them at Dollar Tree to save 85% per bag.
- Target: 3-Bag Combo Clear Compression Bags by Room Essentials – $20 ($6.66 a bag)
- Dollar Tree: Large Vacuum Storage Bags 12 pack – $12 ($1 a bag)