We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Let’s face it, clutter and disorganization can be a bummer. But who has time (or patience) to deal with it all?
Well, read on, my friend, because we’re going to show you some simple ways how to organize your home.
1. Line your junk drawer with a muffin tin to keep it organized.
It’s a nice little catchall for things you need but have no idea where to keep.
2. Keep an adjustable kitchen cabinet organizer around for your pans.
I use one of these for my baking dishes and another for my pans. No more dealing with an avalanche of metal every time I want a single pan!
3. Use cord bundlers to keep kitchen appliance cords neat and tidy.
These are my fave. I use them on any appliance I store on my countertop.
RELATED: Foolproof Ways to Get a KitchenAid Mixer for Half Price
4. Keep a Lazy Susan (or two!) in your kitchen for easy access to cleaning supplies.
You can use it to organize your cleaning supplies under the sink, keep condiments organized in the fridge, or organize your spices. They’re versatile.
5. Stock up on mason jars to organize your dry goods.
These are amazing for storing anything you buy in bulk, like rice or dry beans.
TIP: Paint the lids with chalkboard paint — or use these stickers — and write the contents on top if you store your jars in drawers.
6. Put tension rods in a drawer to keep storage lids from taking over.
Just secure the tension rod toward the front of your drawer to keep them manageable.
See more of our ideas for tension rods here.
7. Hang canvas shoe holders for pantry organization.
I guess you can use them for shoes, but they work amazingly well to keep small clutter at bay.
I keep one hanging on the inside of my pantry to hold things like sauce and seasoning packets.
RELATED: Insanely Smart Ways to Use a Shoe Organizer
8. Use magazine files to keep your fridge and freezer tidy.
Make sure to buy clear ones so you can see all the things.
9. Set up a colorful binder to organize your home management.
You probably keep your life on your computer, and that’s fine, but having a hard copy of all of the important stuff is crucial.
Use the binder to organize schedules, bills, passwords and important documents like passports and birth certificates.
10. Buy stylish storage baskets to keep your living room looking fresh.
These are not the baskets of the 1980s. These stylish little baskets are perfect for storing blankets, extra pillows and even pet toys.
11. Organize your cable cords with zip ties.
You can even get different colors to take your organization to the next level.
12. Store craft items in apothecary jars.
Use clear apothecary jars to organize markers and crafting items for a beautiful yet functional display.
13. Use S-hooks and baskets to keep your hats and gloves organized in your hat closet.
Get baskets for cheap at Dollar Tree then keep them off the ground with S-hooks.
TIP: Give everyone in the family a different color basket.
14. Organize fabric storage with tiered hangers.
These will keep your fabric (or sheets!) stored compactly and wrinkle-free.
15. Keep wrapping paper rolls wound tight with binder clips.
Having to trim ripped up wrapping paper is no fun and totally wasteful. Keep it from getting torn in the first place with a well-placed binder clip on either end.
16. Use spice racks to organize your nail polish collection.
You can buy spice racks that either stand or hang. So much more stylish than the makeup bag they’re stuffed in now.
17. Keep hair ties together with a shower curtain ring.
You can also use them for belts and keys. They’re handy. Get some.
18. Keep track of bobby pins with a well-placed magnetic strip.
Because bobby pins are everywhere — until you need one.
19. Hang styling tools in the bathroom with Command hooks.
I use these for everything from hanging baskets to storing toothbrushes.
RELATED: Extremely Cool Things You Can Do with Command Hooks
20. Turn a baker’s rack into an earring organizer.
Hang this cute rack with some stylish Command hooks on the inside of a closet or cabinet door for easy, space-saving earring storage!
21. Save important school stuff with a file box.
Why do kids come home from school with so. much. paper? I recycle most of it, but I like to save some, too.
Keep a file box for each kid, and store all of the papers you want to save for their entire school career.
TIP: Make each kid a label for the front of the box and then give it to them when they graduate.
22. Store spices in magnetic storage tins from the dollar store.
Break out the label maker so that you don’t mix anything up.
23. Keep office supplies organized in an ice cube tray.
This is so much less expensive than a traditional organizer, and you’ll have a compartment for all the things.
UP NEXT: Sneaky Small-Space Organization Hacks