For many, the Halloween clearance shelves are a place to stock up for the next year, but we have 13 tips on how you can actually take advantage of all the Halloween sales and clearance items for that huge holiday coming up—Christmas!
Make sure to check out the KCL Deals page for the best sales and clearance items before and after Halloween!
1. Line your steps with painted pumpkins that say Ho, Ho, Ho.
You’ll find pumpkins at their lowest price right after Halloween, so pick up a few along with some red paint. As long as you don’t carve them, they should last several weeks. Better yet, buy those plastic ones that always go on sale after Halloween.
2. Or, paint your pumpkins white and make a snowman.
3. Fill a dress-up trunk with Halloween costumes on clearance.
This makes an awesome gift. Collect different costumes that you find on clearance, everything from a fairy princess to a pirate, and let the kids play dress-up year round. Here are some costume ideas to pick up along the way:
- For the head: hats, wigs, tiaras, and headbands
- For the feet: cowboy boots, rain boots, firefighter boots, and shoes with small heels
- Clothing items: short dresses, robes, short slips (for bridesmaid dress), suit vests, and camouflage vests
- Props & accessories: badges, purses, wallets, magnifying glass, stethoscope, cane, and microphones
4. Put a makeup kit together as a holiday gift.
Look for costume makeup on sale and clearance and put together a kit for young kids to play with or, if the colors aren’t too funky, even adults will appreciate makeup under the tree.
5. Fill stockings with Halloween candy.
6. Make Halloween tea lights into holiday tea-light snowmen.
It’s as easy as painting the LED light orange and drawing a face with permanent marker.
7. Give decorative pillar candles as gifts.
Remove anything attached that might be too related to Halloween, like skulls hanging off a candle—unless skulls are somebody’s thing.
8. Stock up on black leggings.
Why not? You can wear them whenever you want. Since leggings are often used as an accessory for Halloween, you can find them on clearance for as low as 50% to 80% off.
9. Create a candy wreath for your front door.
Getting Halloween candy on clearance is a great way to save money on a wreath like this. The kids will love helping you, too.
10. Pick up supplies for holiday baking.
Halloween baking clearance items like colorful sprinkles, cake pans, kitchen accessories, and more work great for holiday baking—just exclude the orange and black if needed. Baking products can drop as low as 50% to 90% off right after Halloween.
11. Make holiday fudge using candy from Halloween clearance.
Here’s Grandma’s Million Dollar Fudge Recipe that uses Hershey’s bars that go on sale right after (and sometimes before) Halloween.
12. Build a gingerbread house with Halloween clearance candy.
13. Decorate your Christmas tree with Halloween lights.