Does Dollar General accept manufacturer coupons? How do you use Dollar General digital coupons? I’m about to show you how to coupon at Dollar General!
In this post, you’ll learn the ins and outs of the Dollar General coupon policy and tricks to save big, like…using coupons on clearance items.
For more money-saving deals, tips and coupons be sure to download the KCL app.
1. Download the Dollar General app and create a free account to load up on DG digital coupons.
Once you download the Dollar General app and create a free account so you can start adding DG digital coupons.
2. Add Dollar General digital coupons with a click, then redeem with your phone number at checkout.
3. Scan items with the DG GO! CartCalculator in the DG app to see how much you’ll save before you check out.
One of my favorite reasons for couponing at Dollar General? In select stores, you can use the DG GO! CartCalculator feature in the Dollar General app to scan your items, check out, and pay all on your phone. Yep, skip the line.
The best part, all your digital coupons are automatically applied to your order so you can see how much you saved BEFORE you pay.
4. Dollar General offers “$5 off a $25 purchase” store coupons every Saturday.
These coupons are one-day-only coupons valid on the Saturday stated in the coupon.
Find your $5 off $25 coupon weekly in the Dollar General app. They’ll also print at the bottom of your receipt when you make any purchase at Dollar General.
5. Stack Dollar General store coupons with manufacturer coupons.
You can stack one Dollar General store coupon with one manufacturer coupon as long as neither say “not valid with other coupons.”
Check the fine print of a Dollar General coupon — sometimes there are exceptions. For example, you can stack two or more Dollar General store coupons in a single transaction unless otherwise noted on the coupon or associated promotional art.
6. Save on name brands when you use coupons for items in the Dollar General $1 aisle.
Some of the best brands to use coupons on in the $1 aisle may include Bounty paper towels, Hefty zip bags, Glad plates, Crest toothpaste, Scott bath tissue and more. Many items are trial size and may not be valid with a coupon’s size requirements. Check your coupon’s fine print to be sure! Here’s one of my recent deals:
Use $2/4– Purina Dog Chow Wet Dog Food WYB (4) 13 ounce cans Alpo Wet Dog Food, Dollar General Digital Store Coupon (dollargeneral.com)
Final Price: $0.50 each, when you buy four
7. Use coupons with Dollar General’s clearance prices.
One of the best deals at Dollar General is you can use coupons on top of clearance prices!.
8. Watch for Dollar General clearance events throughout the year.
Clearance events happen several times throughout the year — typically, at the end of each season (spring, fall, summer and winter) and after every holiday: Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
During Dollar General’s clearance events, you’ll find marked down seasonal products, clothing, household products and more. Markdowns begin at 50% off, except for food and candy which start at 25% off. Clearance prices will hit up to 90% off typically around four weeks after the clearance event starts.
Other Dollar General clearance events to watch out for include their $0.25 clearance sale and 50% off clearance prices event that runs for three days, typically Friday-Sunday.
9. Dollar General limits shoppers to 5 identical coupons per household per day.
Most coupons contain limits of no more than four or more coupons per day. If you have a coupon without a stated limit, (which is pretty rare) Dollar General will allow you to use no more than five identical coupons per day. Which leads me to my next tip…
10. If your coupon is worth more than the item Dollar General will credit you the overage.
If the value of your coupon is more than the price of the item, Dollar General will apply the difference to your transaction balance. How cool is that?
11. Forget rain checks for out-of-stock merchandise at Dollar General.
Out-of-stock, out-of-luck, at Dollar General. All coupon offers are available only while quantities last.
12. Dollar General doesn’t match competitor prices or accept competitor coupons.
Dollar General doesn’t match competitor ad prices.
13. You can’t split transactions to workaround that five coupon limit.
The Dollar General coupon policy states, “Transactions cannot be broken up to avoid coupon stacking restrictions.”
14. Use rebate apps like Ibotta on top of coupons and sale prices.
After purchasing the specified item for a rebate offer, snap a picture of your receipt in the app, and the app will give you cash back. Best part? You can use store and manufacturer coupons in addition to most rebate-app offers all on the same item. Check the fine print on offers carefully.
Once you’ve earned the minimum cash-out amount in whatever rebate app, like $20 for Ibotta, you transfer your earnings into a PayPal or Venmo account. Or, redeem earnings for a gift card with Fetch Rewards that has a $30 cash-out minimum.
15. BONUS: Save more with Dollar General penny deals on most Tuesdays.
Dollar General penny deals are items that Dollar General has a hard time selling and have already been heavily discounted — usually past 90%. These products are marked down to $0.01 so store employees know to remove them from the floor, but sometimes they’re missed and left on the shelf where customers can find them. Discontinued items are usually discounted on Tuesdays, so head to the store early before they’re all scooped up! Find out which items are discounted to one penny on sites like this one.
Keep in mind that some stores may not let you purchase these items.
Don’t Scroll Up! Here are the articles I mentioned: