Target and Ibotta have made rebates easier than the old days of uploading a picture of your receipt. Let’s take a look at how to use Ibotta at Target so you can take advantage of all the possible savings.
Remember to download the official KCL app so you don’t miss out on any deals.
1. Link your Target and Ibotta accounts.
- Log in to your Ibotta account via the app or the website.
- Visit Target’s retailer page on the Ibotta website or search for Target in the app.
- Click “Link your Target account” in the upper right corner.
- Enter your Target.com email address and password.
Linking only took me a minute, but I’ve heard cases where it takes up to a day. While there are separate Ibotta pages for Target and Target.com, once you link your account on one, it’ll be linked to the other.
2. Add Target Ibotta offers before you shop.
While it’s amazing that you no longer have to scan receipts to get Ibotta rebates, you do still have to add the offers to your Ibotta account before you shop.
Just click the plus sign next to the rebate offer you want to take advantage of, shop for those items, and check out, which leads to the next thing you have to do.
3. Link your bank cards to Target Wallet.
To get those Ibotta rebates for in-store shopping at Target, you also have to pay out of the Target app with your wallet barcode. Before you shop at your local Target, open up the Target app and tap “Wallet.” There, you can add payment methods like gift cards and credit cards to speed up the payment process and get those Ibotta rebates.
Then, tap “Show My Barcode,” scan at checkout, and your purchases will be picked up by Ibotta.
4. Add RedCard to your Target Wallet for an extra 5% off.
Why not add an extra discount on top of these rebates? If you pay with Target RedCard, you’ll get an additional 5% off your Target haul, which can be stacked with other deals and Ibotta rebates.
Add your RedCard to your Target Wallet – all you have to do is verify the PIN number.
5. Wait about a day for credit on your Ibotta purchases.
Experiences may vary, but for the most part, I’ve seen Target online orders typically posting within 24 hours, and in-store purchases posting within several hours.
There’s literally nothing else you need to do.
6. Unlink your account and upload your receipt if you forgot to pre-load Ibotta deals.
If you forget to load your Ibotta deals before shopping, you’ve still got options. Ibotta won’t let you upload your receipt when your Ibotta and Target accounts are linked. So you’ll just have to briefly unlink your account, upload your receipt like the old days, and then relink afterwards.
It usually takes up to 48 hours for the payments to process, but you should still act as fast as possible so you don’t miss any rebates.