We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
First, Pizza Hut mini basketballs bounce back into our lives and now Pizza Hut’s BOOK IT! Program is on for 2023 – 2024. Caregivers, teachers, and homeschool parents can enroll their child or student right now on the pizza chain’s site. From there, the child can earn up to six free personal pan pizzas just for reading.
For those who don’t remember the program from the 1990s, BOOK IT! is a free reading incentive program for kids ages PreK – sixth grade. If your child isn’t already a bookworm, perhaps those FREE personal pan pizzas they can earn from Pizza Hut is enough to grab their interest.
Just now, I signed up for Camp BOOK IT!, which is a parent-led summer program that runs from June – August with an opt-in for their parent newsletter. The newsletter has tips for using BOOK IT! with your kids and any updates about the program. Moreover, there are guides for homeschool parents, as well as for classroom teachers, to help follow the program. I’ll get into all of those details below.
Here’s how Pizza Hut’s BOOK IT! program works, how to sign up, and more. Text HACKS to 57299 for everything on saving money, freebies, and more.
2023 Pizza Hut BOOK-IT begins Oct. 1, 2023 and runs through March 31, 2024. Registration is open now.
Parents and teachers can register their children and students right on Pizza Hut’s site. All you do is enroll in the summer reading program and get cracking (books, that is). But it doesn’t just include picture books or chapter books. There are more options, including magazines and e-books. If they participate in Camp BOOK IT! (the summer version), then track your child or student’s reading progress in the program’s digital dashboard for June, July, and August.
For teachers, you have two ways to join the BOOK IT! program for your class: one is digital and one is paper. According to Pizza Hut, “paper materials are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis through Aug. 17 (or until paper is gone). Digital is always open for enrollment.”
If you’re a teacher and choose the paper option, materials are mailed right to your school in one shipment. You’ll also get paper certificates where you can handwrite your student’s name and classroom info, as well as a poster display to track your class’ reading progress.
It’s important to note that the homeschool program is ALL digital and the paper option isn’t available in homeschool cases. Fortunately they make it easy to go digital. Here is all the info for the homeschool program, including printable directions and a downloadable PDF.
How to Sign Up for Pizza Hut’s BOOK IT! Program
There are over 6,000 Pizza Hut locations around the U.S., so you’ll need to check your local Pizza Hut to see if they are participating. Starting now, you can register for the BOOK IT! program right here.
However, there are a few registration rules that you need to know, according to Pizza Hut:
- For homeschool parents, you must be a parent homeschooling your own children in PreK through sixth grade (ages 4 – 12 years old) as of Sept. 1, 2023, in order to qualify for the October to March program. This also goes as a parent enrolling your own children in PreK through sixth grade (ages 4 – 12 years old) as of Sept. 1, 2023, for the summer program. And the same ages count for teachers and parents who are not homeschooling.
- One enrollment per household, and all individual families must enroll separately.
While signing up as a parent, I was able to select up to five “students.” If you have more than five, you’re advised to call them at the BOOK IT! hotline at 1-800-426-6548. You can also send the program a message and read all the FAQs here.
When you submit a new enrollment request, there’s a 3-day review period before your account becomes active. All this to mean no worries if you can’t log in to your account immediately.
Related: Pizza Hut Hacks and Deals
Pizza Hut BOOK-IT rewards readers with a free pan pizza after meeting their reading goal of total minutes, pages, or books (limit of six pizzas).
To qualify for free pizzas, you’ll need to enter your child’s or student’s reading progress in BOOK IT!’s digital dashboard.
Once your child meets the reading goal, move the slider in the dashboard to “completed.” Next, you’ll receive their certificate for a 1-topping Personal Pan Pizza via email. To redeem, use the code on your child’s certificate. You can then set a new reading goal and start over!
For teachers, set monthly reading goals for students in your class, including number of minutes, number of pages, or number of books.
Your child or student may earn a total of six Reading Award Certificates each program year. That means they’ll be able to redeem six free pizzas while enrolled in the program.
How to Redeem Your Paper Certificate for a Free Personal Pan Pizza
To redeem a paper certificate, just place your order by phone or in the restaurant and tell them you have your BOOK IT! certificate. Only one certificate per child/student can be used. And this is important: the student MUST be present to receive the pizza. It’s nontransferable and expires within 30 days.
Here’s How to Redeem Your Digital Coupon for a Free Personal Pan Pizza
According to Pizza Hut:
- Click on the code link in the BOOK IT! Reward email. This will take you to the Pizza Hut website to build your student’s Personal Pan Pizza.
- If you aren’t already assigned to your nearest Pizza Hut location, select delivery or carryout and enter your address to find your local store. You will then be taken to the BOOK IT! Pizza Builder.
- Once you build your 1-topping pizza, it will be added to your cart and you can sign in to your account.
- If you have more than one student with a certificate, click on the link in their email next. This will open a new window for you to build the next pizza. But don’t worry, all of your pizzas will be in your cart at the end. Note that delivery minimums apply.
- Only one certificate per month per child can be redeemed.
Another option: Enter coupon codes in your cart at www.pizzahut.com by following these directions from Pizza Hut:
- Visit www.pizzahut.com to enter your order (please do not use the Pizza Hut app).
- Ensure that you’re logged in and localized to your nearest Pizza Hut. Click the cart icon in the top right corner.
- Enter the serialized code in the “Coupon Code” box (please note that if you are copying and pasting the code, you’ll want to double-check that there’s not an extra space at the end).
- The website will alert you that there isn’t an appropriate deal in the cart and prompt you to “Go to Deals.”
- Configure your 1-topping Personal Pan Pizza as desired. Complete the order and check out (code is already applied). Note that delivery minimums apply.
- Repeat for each certificate you are redeeming — remember, only one certificate per child per month can be redeemed.
You can visit BookItProgram.com for redeeming instructions and other FAQs.