We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
It’s hard to let go of all that baby stuff. We get it. Baby gear is cute and the memories attached to it are serious business.
Also, you paid a lot of friggin money for all of it.
Here are some ideas to hang on to your baby stuff so you can repurpose it — without asking your kids to sleep in their cribs forever.
1. Turn the crib into a toddler reading nook.
Just take off one side and flip it upside down. You’ll get a bonus shelf on top, too!
2. Convert an old baby wipes container into a traveling LEGO fun box.
Super-glue a LEGO base plate to the top, fill the bin with random LEGO pieces and you have a nice little busy-box for the road.
Also works as a holder for containing card games/simple board games.
RELATED: 19 DIY LEGO Gifts That Are Ridiculously Easy to Make
3. Change the changing table — into your new bar cart.
Replace those poopy memories with some festive ones.
4. Transform your kids’ favorite onesies into a quilt.
This is a great way to put your sewing skills to the test and save those cute outfits forever.
Get a full tutorial here.
5. Turn an old diaper box into a cute storage bin.
This is way better than paying a fortune for a new storage box. Get a step-by-step tutorial here.
6. Make a basket out of old baby blankets.
I use mine for random toys that are always everywhere. Follow these simple instructions.
7. Turn an old sleeper into a new best buddy for your child.
This is a great way to hang on to your favorite sleeper. Double the memories.
8. Make a Christmas ornament out of a tiny mitten.
Attach some yarn and you have a simple keepsake ornament.
RELATED: 24 DIY Christmas Ornaments the Whole Family Can Do
9. Recycle glass baby food jars as crayon holders.
A little acrylic paint will create a colorful display for your toddler’s ever-growing crayon collection.
10. Turn plastic baby food containers into snack cups.
Because kids snack. A lot.
11. Save toddler snack containers to make personalized drink cups.
Use some paint and stickers and you have some great personalized party cups!
12. Reuse a crib bumper for stuffed animal storage.
Just hang them from the wall and get your stuffed animals off the floor.
Related: 11 Easy DIY Baby Items That Will Save You Hundreds
13. Make a pillow out of an old baby blanket.
You could easily sew this or even just use hem tape to keep it simple.
14. Turn a bassinet into a pet bed.
See how to hang it from a wall here, or just find a cozy spot on the floor.
15. Build a wagon with old crib parts.
It’s easier than it looks! Plus, it’s a fun way to take toddlers to and from the park when they just can’t walk anymore. Check out this tutorial to find out how.
16. Use crib parts to make a sentimental keepsake chalkboard.
Chalkboard paint and nails and your crib becomes an awesome easel chalkboard.
17. Turn your crib frame into a holder for pots and pans.
This is a great — although a little tricky — way to free up space and reuse your old crib.
18. Create a keepsake ornament out of baby’s hospital hat.
Save the hat your baby wore in the hospital, along with ID bracelets, in a clear ornament.
19. Use the top of a wipes container to make a sensory board.
Use different carpet samples for different textures. Get the tutorial here.
20. Turn your crib bumper into some handy pockets.
They’re a safety hazard anyway, so hang them below the mattress for easy storage. Get the tutorial here.