In the most bang for your buck department, seltzer water tops the list. Selzer is a mighty force in a small package. It can wipe out stains, ease bellyaches, and transform an ordinary glass of orange juice into sparkling deliciousness.
Put seltzer to use in the following ways and watch it work its magic:
- Add some fluff! Swap tap water for soda the next time you whip up pancakes, waffles, or even eggs. The carbonation creates an airy, lighter texture.
- Bird bath. When a bird uses your car as a port-a-potty, shake up a bottle of seltzer and let the contents explode onto the stains. The seltzer won't harm the finish on your car but will cut through the mess made by a passing bird. Just rinse with cool water when done.
- Rejuvenate hair. Rinse hair with seltzer water after taking a dip in the ocean or a pool. It will gently remove any chlorine or salt build-up that can cause dull or damaged hair.
- Scrub away grime. Seltzer is a pro at banishing dirt and bacteria. Add some to your mop bucket, or spritz on countertops when cleaning. It cuts through grime and leaves hard surfaces spotless.
- Jazz up a low cal drink. Make ordinary juice fizzy and fun without piling on extra sugar or calories by adding a splash of seltzer.
- Erase carpet stains. Splash a little seltzer on juice or wine spills. Blot the carpet gently with a clean cloth. The bubbles in the seltzer provide some oxygenated cleaning powers sure to cut through nasty stains.
- Make stainless steel sparkle! Seltzer water can be applied to stainless steel pots and pans to bring them to a shine. Just apply liberally and scrub with a soft cloth. Rinse in cool water when done.
- Give old dishes new shine. Just apply liberally, use a soft, non-abrasive cloth to scrub, and rinse with cool water.